REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 10 members and 141 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsAdventure Time!

Adventure Time!

Users viewing topic: & 2 Guests

12345678910 ... ... 8586878889909192939495

Training Journals is sponsored by Savage Strength - Best in strength equipment.
Craig_PfistererIcon...16-08-2017 @ 23:09 
Sugdens 'man' at WSM 2011
Member 1513, 2033 posts
SQ 224.5, BP 181, DL 276.5
682.0 kgs @ 120kgs UnEq
August 15, 2017 Ė Week 1, Day 1

5 Minutes Percor AMT

Leaning Calf Raises
BWx15

One Leg Leaning Calf Raises
BWx15/15

Regular Box Touches (12Ē Box)
BWx15

Squat Therapy (16Ē Box)
BWx15

Sumo Box Touches (12Ē Box)
BWx15

Hip Airplanes (supported)
BWx7/7

Band Rows w/Biceps Stretch
MMBx20/20 seconds
MMBx20/20 seconds

Push-ups
BWx15

12Ē Log Clean and Jerks
41x5 (one clean)
41x5 (one clean)
56.5x1
68x1
79x1
91x1
102x1
102x1
102x1
102x1
102x1
102x1
102x1
102x1
102x1
102x1

Chest Supported Rows
45x10
68x10
86x10
109x10
127x10

Band Resisted Push-ups
No Bands
BWx15
Add Bands
ABx10
SBx14

Band Triceps Pressdowns
SBx30
SBx30

Stretching

Comments: Iím apparently still recovering from the contest. Every day since I got back Iíve been going on a 2 mile walk with some light hamstring mobility stretches. Last three cycles I had dubbed Operation: Donít Call it a Comeback I was Never There but leading into a possible Nationals bid in Las Vegas, this training will be Operation: Road to Lost Wages. This workout showed I was still pretty out of it. Warmed up on the AMT. Heart rate got up to 166bpm but dropped to 157bpm. Usually only this high if Iím stressed in some way. Calf raise work after that. Good, pretty easy. Glad that didnít feel tough. No circuit like previous weeks. Box touches for some reps (felt good) and I was supposed to go right into a second set with wide stance but went on to squat therapy instead. Knees ached on these. I messed up the first rep as I thought I was deep enough to the box but I wasnít so I reset and made sure I was good each rep. Not sure if it was my form or just knees beat from hard lifting and then the rest and coming back to it again. Hip airplanes were good. Felt good. No missed reps due to balance issues here. Slight change with the band rows and biceps stretch. Lower reps but I accidently grabbed a higher tension band but it felt good so I will stick with it. Longer stretches for the biceps. Definitely needed that for the arms and shoulders. A set of push-ups to finish off the light stuff. Harder than I was expected to be honest. But I havenít been doing full ROM on bench stuff besides incline so it is a bit of a shock. Different but same principle. I figure this will help with log with getting the chest muscle back into it. Then the lifting. Log clean and jerks with the plan being 10x1 with 75% of my best single last cycle done EMOM style. On my own for the warm-ups. First set with the empty log was garbage. I felt lightheaded and off balance. So I did another set and that felt better. Worked up in singles to the working weight. Had some balance issues. Not sure if it is from being so used to having a sturdy base to press from for viper presses and push presses vs the jerks or if Iím still beat. I was getting quite a sweat from these. I was lapping some of the log lifts higher than usual and I had to get comfortable with being lower so that I could get the log to roll up the body well. No issues with the clean to the shoulders. Some reps definitely felt like they werenít jerks and were more push presses. Hopefully with more practice I will get better consistency. Again, balance just felt off sometimes. Chest supported rows after that. Plan being to work up over five sets of ten reps to a decent set of ten. Started with a plate on each side and just kept going up quarter, plate, quarter. Only really felt like work on the last set so I knew that was a good one to stop on. Glad this didnít irritate my biceps. Think my upper back appreciated the reps. A new one for me after the rows. Push-ups with bands. Another set of 15 with no resistance as a warm-up. Iíve done band push-ups but those were with a band in my hands and wrapped around my back. These were with dumbbells and a power rack to anchor the bands. No band pegs and not bolted down so I used the heaviest dumbbells to make sure it didnít lift them up. Band placed behind my neck and started for a set of ten with an average band. Not bad, felt both chest and triceps (mostly triceps) working. I felt I was good for a decent set of reps with a strong band so I anchored that down. Got a few pretty quick then started to grind. Stopped at 14. Feel good but boy is it awkward to get under the band or out from under it haha. Last thing for the day was some more band work for the triceps. Band pressdowns with the rep range of 20-30. I tested the strong band and it felt good so I used that. Got 30 both times but it was much harder the second set. Home to stretch. Got to get my legs under me quick to get back on track to compete again at a higher level.

Craig_PfistererIcon...18-08-2017 @ 03:26 
Sugdens 'man' at WSM 2011
Member 1513, 2033 posts
SQ 224.5, BP 181, DL 276.5
682.0 kgs @ 120kgs UnEq
August 17, 2017 Ė Week 1, Day 2

5 Minutes Percor AMT

Leaning Calf Raises
BWx15

One Leg Leaning Calf Raises
BWx15/15

Regular Box Touches (12Ē Box)
BWx15

Sumo Box Touches (12Ē Box)
BWx15

Squat Therapy (16Ē Box)
BWx15

Hip Airplanes (supported)
BWx7/7

Band Rows w/Biceps Stretch
MMBx20/20 seconds
MMBx20/20 seconds

16Ē Front Box Squats
20.5x10
43x5
61x2
84x3
84x3
84x3

Makeshift Frame Deadlifts
11Ē Pick Height
32.5x15
15Ē Pick Height
73.5x5
114x5
155x5
196x5
Added Straps
237x5

Leg Raises
BWx25

Crunches
BWx25

One Arm Barbell Holds
(L)84x31.81
(R)84x29.38

Stretching

Comments: Hot and humid out today. Body sore from the previous workout but not as much as the day before after a good walk. Warmed up on the AMT. Heart rate got up to 157bpm. I checked my heart rate every minute just to pass the time and see how that worked. Might do it from now on. Calf raise work after that. Good and easy. Didnít notice any issues between the sides so that is good. Box touches with both styles felt good. Got the order right this time haha. On to squat therapy. Quads were feeling quite sore doing these. Surprising how much soreness can happen from just taking a little time off to peak and recover. Knee issue wasnít nearly as much of an issue this time. Maybe I was sitting back better. Hip airplanes were good on my injured side. Not as confident on the uninjured side but was able to keep my balance so no do-overs needed. Band rows and biceps stretch combo after that. This felt good. Then the lifting. A bit different in that with the previous cycles coming back from injury, most of the weights and jumps were preset. Now I have about the same freedom as upper body stuff. However, goal was to do light front box squats and pick a weight that I felt was about 50% of what I could hit today. Front box squat can be tricky to gauge. I was debating between 79kgs and 84kgs and just went with the heavier weight. Quads were definitely feeling even the light warm-up stuff. Three triples (I did EOMOM for the rest) and trying to control the eccentric and explode up on the concentric. First set was a little slow feeling to me but the other two sets were just right. Then I had to beat feet home to do the big exercise of the day. Originally, the plan was to do tarp bar pulls off blocks but that was when the pick height for the frame for Nats was 19Ē. But with the change to 16Ē, that meant I had to add a lot more to my pull to get even a single at the contest weight of 372kgs. So makeshift frame attachments made in haste so that I can play around with a frame during the week and figure out the best way to put myself in the best leverages. I forgot how miserable outside training can be after work. So humid, just sweating through my shirt and constantly having to chalk my hands and use a towel. Setup is a bit unstable but it will have to do. Plan being to take plate jumps up to a set of five that feels about 90% of what I could do for these reps. I started out with my empty setup for a higher rep set, altering hand position every five reps. Iíve done in the center and towards the back before but never towards the front. I saw someone using that style and figured Iíd try it out. The though had never occurred to me to try as I usually look into how I can move with the weight when it comes to frame and farmerís walk. Things got awkward when I had an odd number of plates so I will have to balance the sides out to keep the frame rigid. I got up to the weight I wanted to hit but as always, I wish it felt easier so that I could keep going. First three reps felt pretty easy but got tough for those last two reps. As before, pulling explosively and then taking a big breath and lowering under control (when I remember to haha). I was pretty beat from the frame stuff so inside to do a light ab work before heading back out to do a grip and core exercise. Leg raises (wrong order, oops) were tough after the break. Feeling them stretching my lower back and SI joint. Crunches were super easy. Now the next exercise was a new one for me. Supposed to do these in a power rack but I donít have one at home and it didnít make sense to drive back out to the gym. I figured the cinder blocks were pretty high and sturdy so I used that to pick the weight off of. I had too much weight at first so I lowered it. Goal was to get between 30-60 seconds. Weight I picked, I barely got over 30 seconds with my left hand. I ended up smashing one of the cinder blocks trying to gently put the barbell down. I had to improvise for the other side. I didnít feel like my grip was giving but the one end kept going down as time went on so I ended to stop it short. Really surprised how tough this was when Iíve done holds with over 57kgs more for longer times on farmerís handles. Put away the weights and inside to stretch and eat. Got to keep putting the work in.

12345678910 ... ... 8586878889909192939495

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsAdventure Time!
© Sugden Barbell 2017 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto