Arnold's Ohio

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

KevC86Icon...27-02-2018 @ 21:39 
Member 5141, 4206 posts
SQ 300, BP 180, DL 350
830.0 kgs @ 130kgs UnEq
dannyboy73 said:I make this post right.

Good call Magnus. Happy

samue1son said:Thor to nail the Arnold. Thor to nail WSM.
Eddie to turn up and fulfill his contract and not over stress his system in WSM, have a happy retirement and spend lots of time with his family.

I fixed it for you Danny.
MikenetoIcon...27-02-2018 @ 21:50 
End of an era.
Member 4646, 1964 posts
Post Edited: 27.02.2018 @ 21:54 PM by Mikeneto
So who have we got for event wins?

Thor for bag throw..shaw 2nd
Shaw for stone lift..thor 2nd
Thor for axle...shaw 2nd
Pritchett for deadlift..thor 2nd and Shaw 3rd
Pritchett for frame..shaw 2nd ..thor 4th

Thor and Shaw same points and countback for Thor.

I do think Shaw and Thor can win every event.
samue1sonIcon...27-02-2018 @ 22:27 
Member 4416, 1370 posts
SQ 210, BP 175, DL 240
625.0 kgs @ 122kgs UnEq
Mikeneto said:So who have we got for event wins?

Thor for bag throw..shaw 2nd
Shaw for stone lift..thor 2nd
Thor for axle...shaw 2nd
Pritchett for deadlift..thor 2nd and Shaw 3rd
Pritchett for frame..shaw 2nd ..thor 4th

Thor and Shaw same points and countback for Thor.

I do think Shaw and Thor can win every event.

Except for deadlift...
dannyboy73Icon...27-02-2018 @ 22:36 
Mask it or Casket !!
Member 4600, 8166 posts
SQ 240, BP 162.5, DL 255
657.5 kgs @ 90.5kgs UnEq
I must have typed with my crazy finger...

Thank for fixing

KevC86 said:
I fixed it for you Danny.

Grin
drex50Icon...27-02-2018 @ 22:45 
It's a moonface era now.
Member 5901, 956 posts
IMO overall winner Thor, second Pritched then Shaw. Shaw doesnt have it any more. I'm smelling it. I saw the fear and lack of confidence in his training with Caron.
MikenetoIcon...27-02-2018 @ 22:48 
End of an era.
Member 4646, 1964 posts
drex50 said:IMO overall winner Thor, second Pritched then Shaw. Shaw doesnt have it any more. I'm smelling it. I saw the fear and lack of confidence in his training with Caron.

It was Caron's last heavy deadlift session, Shaw had heavier ones planned for after.
drex50Icon...27-02-2018 @ 22:51 
It's a moonface era now.
Member 5901, 956 posts
Mikeneto said:
It was Caron's last heavy deadlift session, Shaw had heavier ones planned for after.

My prediction is he will finish 3rd maybe 4th on deadlift.
MikenetoIcon...27-02-2018 @ 23:09 
End of an era.
Member 4646, 1964 posts
drex50 said:
My prediction is he will finish 3rd maybe 4th on deadlift.

Maybe...your boy Dimitar is going to do you proud.
Craig_PfistererIcon...28-02-2018 @ 01:03 
Sugdens 'man' at WSM 2021
Member 1513, 2139 posts
SQ 224.5, BP 181, DL 276.5
682.0 kgs @ 120kgs UnEq
I think question is going to be how heavy the axle is going to be. Lighter weight and it will be who has the best technique to get it from floor to shoulders. Heavier and it will be the stronger presser. Heinla is still recovering from a torn Achilles tendon from last year so I don’t see him being near his best. Caron is always near the top but I don’t know how that will translate to the Arnold stage as sometimes he can underperform on key events. Belsak is very explosive athlete and I think only an underperformance on deadlift will keep him out of the top 5. Ostazsewski will probably not do too well on deadlift and frame carry but could possibly make up for it on the other events. It’s hard to say with the Amature Arnold winners what will happen. Only ones who have done well have been Jenkins, Shivlyakov and Kieliskowski (Bjornsson and Burke also came thru that system but didn’t win it). With that in mind, I think Bjornsson will take this contest.

Bar Over Bar
Definitely in Bjornsson’s wheelhouse. Shaw should also be in the running for a first place here. Other people to look out for will be Shivlyakov, Kieliskowski and Ostazsewski on this one. This will be the second year of this event so it will be interesting to see how competitors have tried to adjust training for it.

Stone Shoulder
This could be a deceptive one to pick. Favorites for most would probably be the big men Bjornsson and Shaw but this is odd strength and I feel that Kieliskowski and Belsak could be spoilers on this. 420lbs awkward natural stone is nothing to sneeze at. Allegedly Shaw got a session in on this implement (it’s Odd Haugen’s “tombstone” river rock) so that could increase his chances. I worry that Savatinov (known for his shouldering) and Pritchett will have difficulty here with the frequent biceps injuries.

Appolon's Wheel
Will depend on the weight. If it is close to 400lbs or more, I give this to Bjornsson with Belsak right behind. However, if it is lighter, say 360lbs, it could be more interesting as Ostazewski has very good technique. The bigger pressers tend to not have the best technique for a lot of reps (Savickas being an outlier but not competing). Everyone in this field is good for 400lbs at least when healthy. Kielskowski is coming back from triceps surgery but appears to be back to form already.

ROGUE Elephant Bar Deadlift
Potentially 4-5 people could pull 1000lbs or more on this. This bar is deceptive in that it has a lot of flex but pulling fast can throw off your balance with the length and oscillation. This will definitely be a weakness for Ostazewski and Kieliskowski. I feel this may cause issues for Savatinov and Caron with how violently they pull off the floor and Caron hasn’t used this bar. However, he may be able to adjust after getting session in with Shaw last week on his bar. Bjornsson is looking strong, pulling 20kgs better than his best last year in training so he could be closer to 1020lbs this time. Shaw’s hamstring still seems suspect and Pritchett just needs to pick better attempts to come out on top here.

Timber Carry
This will be interesting. It has been several years where this hasn’t been with straps. Initially listed as the same as last year, it will be closer to 900lbs from hearing from athletes. Without straps has been really shaken up things. Shaw has been slow on this event in past years and with it being heavier that helped him last year being only one of two to finish. However, with the lighter weight without straps and bigger emphasis being placed on it by key players it could have Shaw out of the top three. Pritchett, Kieliskowski and Bjornsson could all beat him on this.

Predictions
Bjornsson
Shaw
Belsak
Kieliskowski
Pritchett
Caron
Shivlyakov
Savatinov
Ostazsewski
Heinla
AdamTIcon...28-02-2018 @ 09:13 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5207 posts
Craig_Pfisterer said:I think question is going to be how heavy the axle is going to be. Lighter weight and it will be who has the best technique to get it from floor to shoulders. Heavier and it will be the stronger presser. Heinla is still recovering from a torn Achilles tendon from last year so I don’t see him being near his best. Caron is always near the top but I don’t know how that will translate to the Arnold stage as sometimes he can underperform on key events. Belsak is very explosive athlete and I think only an underperformance on deadlift will keep him out of the top 5. Ostazsewski will probably not do too well on deadlift and frame carry but could possibly make up for it on the other events. It’s hard to say with the Amature Arnold winners what will happen. Only ones who have done well have been Jenkins, Shivlyakov and Kieliskowski (Bjornsson and Burke also came thru that system but didn’t win it). With that in mind, I think Bjornsson will take this contest.

Bar Over Bar
Definitely in Bjornsson’s wheelhouse. Shaw should also be in the running for a first place here. Other people to look out for will be Shivlyakov, Kieliskowski and Ostazsewski on this one. This will be the second year of this event so it will be interesting to see how competitors have tried to adjust training for it.

Stone Shoulder
This could be a deceptive one to pick. Favorites for most would probably be the big men Bjornsson and Shaw but this is odd strength and I feel that Kieliskowski and Belsak could be spoilers on this. 420lbs awkward natural stone is nothing to sneeze at. Allegedly Shaw got a session in on this implement (it’s Odd Haugen’s “tombstone” river rock) so that could increase his chances. I worry that Savatinov (known for his shouldering) and Pritchett will have difficulty here with the frequent biceps injuries.

Appolon's Wheel
Will depend on the weight. If it is close to 400lbs or more, I give this to Bjornsson with Belsak right behind. However, if it is lighter, say 360lbs, it could be more interesting as Ostazewski has very good technique. The bigger pressers tend to not have the best technique for a lot of reps (Savickas being an outlier but not competing). Everyone in this field is good for 400lbs at least when healthy. Kielskowski is coming back from triceps surgery but appears to be back to form already.

ROGUE Elephant Bar Deadlift
Potentially 4-5 people could pull 1000lbs or more on this. This bar is deceptive in that it has a lot of flex but pulling fast can throw off your balance with the length and oscillation. This will definitely be a weakness for Ostazewski and Kieliskowski. I feel this may cause issues for Savatinov and Caron with how violently they pull off the floor and Caron hasn’t used this bar. However, he may be able to adjust after getting session in with Shaw last week on his bar. Bjornsson is looking strong, pulling 20kgs better than his best last year in training so he could be closer to 1020lbs this time. Shaw’s hamstring still seems suspect and Pritchett just needs to pick better attempts to come out on top here.

Timber Carry
This will be interesting. It has been several years where this hasn’t been with straps. Initially listed as the same as last year, it will be closer to 900lbs from hearing from athletes. Without straps has been really shaken up things. Shaw has been slow on this event in past years and with it being heavier that helped him last year being only one of two to finish. However, with the lighter weight without straps and bigger emphasis being placed on it by key players it could have Shaw out of the top three. Pritchett, Kieliskowski and Bjornsson could all beat him on this.

Predictions
Bjornsson
Shaw
Belsak
Kieliskowski
Pritchett
Caron
Shivlyakov
Savatinov
Ostazsewski
Heinla

Great analysis

I agree with Thor winning and Shaw not too far behind. I think Pritchett should be good enough for top four, but we will see.
MikenetoIcon...28-02-2018 @ 13:41 
End of an era.
Member 4646, 1964 posts
samue1son said:
Except for deadlift...

I mean that Shaw and Thor on their own could win every event...either winning any of those events wouldn't surprise me.

They have no weakness.
AdamTIcon...28-02-2018 @ 13:44 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5207 posts
Mikeneto said:
I mean that Shaw and Thor on their own could win every event...either winning any of those events wouldn't surprise me.
They have no weakness.

I think Jerry is on another level deadlifting. There is Ed, then Jerry, then Thor/Shaw/Caron etc!
MikenetoIcon...28-02-2018 @ 13:51 
End of an era.
Member 4646, 1964 posts
Post Edited: 28.02.2018 @ 13:56 PM by Mikeneto
AdamT said:
I think Jerry is on another level deadlifting. There is Ed, then Jerry, then Thor/Shaw/Caron etc!

With no suits and a comp just focussed on deadlift. Ed, Jerry, Shaw and Thor would all be similar...480kg
AdamTIcon...28-02-2018 @ 14:07 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5207 posts
Mikeneto said:
With no suits and a comp just focussed on deadlift. Ed, Jerry, Shaw and Thor would all be similar...480kg

I don't think Brian could do that. Not sure on Thor
MikenetoIcon...28-02-2018 @ 14:44 
End of an era.
Member 4646, 1964 posts
Shaw is fine.

Arnolds 2016 1021lbs pulled fast

Did thar big training double 1067lbs including bands.

WSM 2016 joint first with Ed around 444kg

Arnold 2017 won the event...but Jerry pulled more after

WSM 2017 pulled 460kg...but injured, no suit and claimed only told max deadlift 2 weeks prior.

For this prep he has pulled 1000lbs with heavier sessions planned for after.

He is always near the top especially when he has good prep. There is no super heavy yoke to drain him either.

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitArnold's Ohio
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions