You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitDepression/OCD

Depression/OCD

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

JackRevansIcon...20-08-2017 @ 12:21 
'There was also a sausage in my mouth.'
Member 2477, 16481 posts
SQ 190, BP 130, DL 235
555.0 kgs @ 83kgs UnEq
Wayne_Cowdrey said:Would a quick blast of cold at the end do the job?

Yes but the whole thing is preferable
AdamTIcon...20-08-2017 @ 12:45 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5206 posts
Ice Baths and Cold showers are great.

I don't purely take cold showers, I take contrast showers. Always finish with
Wayne_CowdreyIcon...20-08-2017 @ 16:28 
Still got a little bit of strength
Member 400, 22042 posts
JackRevans said:
Yes but the whole thing is preferable

It would be Cowdrey-esque to have a 1 second blast once a week and to get benefit from it.
CAJIcon...20-08-2017 @ 21:55 
I recommend the track - Slut Machine
Member 6043, 955 posts
SQ 350, BP 195, DL 350
895.0 kgs @ 150kgs UnEq
Robbo said:I can't emphasise enough how good no flush niacin (b3) is. There is a lot of information on the net out there on it

Hmm.. I have nearly a full pot of the real deal stuff, the flushing variety containing the nicotinamide or whatever it is, presume the action is different in no flush? Certainly couldn't take more that 1g or this in one go the flush is crazy, kinda fun turning red for half an hour though
RobboIcon...21-08-2017 @ 18:10 
When I have enough cash, I get a deep tissue.
Member 465, 11029 posts
SQ 240, BP 175, DL 302.5
717.5 kgs @ 104kgs UnEq
CAJ said:
Hmm.. I have nearly a full pot of the real deal stuff, the flushing variety containing the nicotinamide or whatever it is, presume the action is different in no flush? Certainly couldn't take more that 1g or this in one go the flush is crazy, kinda fun turning red for half an hour though

Yeah it all works the same mate. The flush stuff is brutal, feels like I have severe sunburn everywhere! That stuff is only good for spiking
Your mates drinks with
CAJIcon...29-08-2017 @ 22:44 
I recommend the track - Slut Machine
Member 6043, 955 posts
SQ 350, BP 195, DL 350
895.0 kgs @ 150kgs UnEq
OK so just wanted to offer an update as to how this has been going..

So I've been using 5HTP for over 2 weeks now and also stacked this along the way with Niacin and D3. My physical anxiety has reduced massively and I've only had 2 episodes in the last week, both of which I was able to manage calming myself within minutes rather than having to resort to medication.

On the downside what completely sucks now is my mood. I have been having huge mood swings between feeling somewhat normal to feeling really low and perhaps most worryingly extremely angry in public and having violent thoughts. Now I'm not the most tolerant person normally but I keep a lid on my thoughts and I'm fairly placid when I need to be, so finding myself in situations where I feel the need to get out fast before I f**king hit someone is a bit scary.

Having thought long and hard, done my research and reached out to others I decided to ask the Dr to try me on a low dose of Sertraline in a bid to help restore whatever imbalance I have. I will have to stop the 5htp as they shouldn't be taken together. I plan on continuing the other stuff however.

I took my first one today, knowing that insomnia was a potential side effect I took it this morning, which was a mistake as by lunchtime it had completely f**king spanked me. I got a mild headache and nausea for about an hour and then the drowsiness hit me like a f**king train and I've spent most of the afternoon in bed. I'll definitely be leaving this one for bedtime!

I know this stuff takes weeks to work optimally but I must say even after a single dose I feel somewhat different already. Perhaps this is because the 5HTP has been working on a similar mechanism already therefore giving it a jump start? i don't know. What I do know is that things that have bee 'bothering' me for weeks suddenly don't seem important and I couldn't care nearly as much right now.. interesting

Anyway, it's still only a temporary measure, hopefully it will even me out enough to be able to work productively on all the compounded factors which have brought this about in the first place and then after a few 'good' months hopefully I can taper off and perhaps reintroduce the 5htp.

Many thanks for sharing your experiences/thoughts so far guys.
matthewvcIcon...30-08-2017 @ 23:03 
‘downsizing’
Member 5704, 3220 posts
SQ 280, BP 210, DL 320
810.0 kgs @ 96.3kgs UnEq
CAJ said:OK so just wanted to offer an update as to how this has been going..

So I've been using 5HTP for over 2 weeks now and also stacked this along the way with Niacin and D3. My physical anxiety has reduced massively and I've only had 2 episodes in the last week, both of which I was able to manage calming myself within minutes rather than having to resort to medication.

On the downside what completely sucks now is my mood. I have been having huge mood swings between feeling somewhat normal to feeling really low and perhaps most worryingly extremely angry in public and having violent thoughts. Now I'm not the most tolerant person normally but I keep a lid on my thoughts and I'm fairly placid when I need to be, so finding myself in situations where I feel the need to get out fast before I f**king hit someone is a bit scary.

Having thought long and hard, done my research and reached out to others I decided to ask the Dr to try me on a low dose of Sertraline in a bid to help restore whatever imbalance I have. I will have to stop the 5htp as they shouldn't be taken together. I plan on continuing the other stuff however.

I took my first one today, knowing that insomnia was a potential side effect I took it this morning, which was a mistake as by lunchtime it had completely f**king spanked me. I got a mild headache and nausea for about an hour and then the drowsiness hit me like a f**king train and I've spent most of the afternoon in bed. I'll definitely be leaving this one for bedtime!

I know this stuff takes weeks to work optimally but I must say even after a single dose I feel somewhat different already. Perhaps this is because the 5HTP has been working on a similar mechanism already therefore giving it a jump start? i don't know. What I do know is that things that have bee 'bothering' me for weeks suddenly don't seem important and I couldn't care nearly as much right now.. interesting

Anyway, it's still only a temporary measure, hopefully it will even me out enough to be able to work productively on all the compounded factors which have brought this about in the first place and then after a few 'good' months hopefully I can taper off and perhaps reintroduce the 5htp.

Many thanks for sharing your experiences/thoughts so far guys.

SSRIs are good at flattening out emotional lability and generally reducing anxiety - I never got the sedation off them like older
Tricyclics would. things I didn't like was the sense of detachment and 'meh' feel towards everything long term and my sex drive began to drop after a few months on them - took a long time to recover after cessation (it's a known issue to be aware of with long term ssri use). These were main reasons I stopped taking them. They should always be aimed as a short gap therapy to get over a dip and other cognitive/behavioural approaches be applied aside to medication.
JackRevansIcon...31-08-2017 @ 10:11 
'There was also a sausage in my mouth.'
Member 2477, 16481 posts
SQ 190, BP 130, DL 235
555.0 kgs @ 83kgs UnEq
I really hope it works well for you

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitDepression/OCD
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions