REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 218 guests

Drug free and disillusionment

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

AdamTIcon...17-06-2017 @ 14:53 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5206 posts
93hopkinsonr said:And no offence to Arron, nobody mentions the 290 squat and 305 dead. Are they achieveable enough that we can accept he doesn't juice for those but because he excells at bench he must be 'on'?

Anything a bit above the ordinary and people lose perspective

Not accusing Aaron, but the bench is far more impressive Imo. Especially at his weight. He's a freak (in a good way)
slimsimIcon...17-06-2017 @ 14:53 
My asshole is not watertight.
Member 2926, 6050 posts
SQ 217.5, BP 107.5, DL 225
550.0 kgs @ 86kgs UnEq
billynomates said:
Same here, and I think it's a shame he's being given a hard time here.

I also agree 100% that Aaron is natural.
93hopkinsonrIcon...17-06-2017 @ 14:58 
Mr.Potato deadlift
Member 2675, 4629 posts
SQ 300, BP 200, DL 300
800.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
AdamT said:
Not accusing Aaron, but the bench is far more impressive Imo. Especially at his weight. He's a freak (in a good way)

Precisely my point. A 290 squat and 305 dead are great, but achievable to many with hard work and commitment. A 230 bench is a lot less achievable, does that mean he couldn't do it without drugs? No
yiannisIcon...17-06-2017 @ 15:01 
'Laurel'
Member 4532, 484 posts
SQ 260, BP 175, DL 270
705.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
I am actually pissing myself that some people still think that Aaron is fixing 100+ drug tests!
People need to start thinking of peoples feelings when starting to throw continues accusations out there after there is proof that he hasn't been on out! Aaron is one of the kindest people I know and has helped me massively and the first question he asked me was have I ever been on PED as he has a zero tolerance to them.
Ffs guys just appreciate people's strength as we are on a strength Fouram. If people want to take gear that's their choice and I would never slate anyone who does and if someone says that they are clean I take their word for it, but when they have done that many drug tests it is only jealousy to why the don't believe it because they can never be that good and clean!
93hopkinsonrIcon...17-06-2017 @ 15:02 
Mr.Potato deadlift
Member 2675, 4629 posts
SQ 300, BP 200, DL 300
800.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
The guys a master trainer. People should be picking his brain for knowledge and tips not accusing him of cheating. f**k sake.

I talked with him a lot back end of 2014 and still base all my training around the structure he gave me. My training has basically more or less gone to plan since then with a pb total in every comp.
scruffmcbuffIcon...17-06-2017 @ 15:32 
Lovely ass Congrats.
Member 5958, 2315 posts
SQ 280, BP 170, DL 300
750.0 kgs @ 138kgs UnEq
*sigh*

So sugden... we gunna push AMH away from here aswell? Might as well! Managed to get rid of the other top lifters!
ChrisMcCarthyIcon...17-06-2017 @ 15:48 
Lost his pen, then found his pen. #phew
Member 4899, 2956 posts
KevC86 said:
What would be the point of more tests? If he has passed 100 in the last decade and people dont believe him is passing another 10 really going to change their mind?

Well, I kind of agree...but John thought it was important, presumably because those tests would be tighter than any BDFPA / British Powerlifting / Army tests taken to date...

My only real point in this thread is that passing the test does not equal drug free - which was part of the original question - and that I think a considerable percentage of Lifters at the Top Level are on PED's of some kind, which I think plays a large part in the decisions of those Lifter who hope to compete against them to also take PED's of some kind, and no part of being called a Bell-End has caused me to change my view-point on that.

Unlike some others I've been pretty careful not to accuse individual lifters (and even if I had Cast Iron Evidence I would likely say nothing, as I've stated before my belief that Drug-Testing should be abolished) but I do think that openly arguing your drug-free status by using arguments that "convicted" drug-users have also used is at best a bit of a Circle-Jerk and at worst makes everyone involved look foolish (including myself for participating in it).

So, specifically for both Aaron and John - and recusing myself from my statement above in this one instance - I have no idea if either is using PED's but I have certainly spent some time in each of their Journals congratulating them when they've lifted well / hit PB's and commiserating their bad sessions / injuries over the years - perhaps it's not something I concern myself with overly...
SimonDIcon...17-06-2017 @ 16:49 
Member 4601, 118 posts
As a lifetime drug free athlete looking at Aaron's lifts I don't see why they can not be achieved, yes his bench is very high but looking at his squat and deadlift they are roughly the same (which having never met him I can't say for certain) but I would guess his arms are of average length or even shorter making him far more suited to pressing.
I'm generalising here but people who have long arms in comparison to their torso tend to be extremely good pullers so they have a much bigger deadlift than squat whereas someone with t-rex style arms is pretty much gods gift to the bench so proportionality their bench is huge.
Aaron is clearly a very knowledgeable guy and shares his programs for free with the rest of us, all you have to do is look at them. They are so well thought out and methodical not leaving a thing to chance...the guy has been doing it for years building and building those numbers refining his technique and training methods as he goes to funnily enough produce some great numbers. This didn't happen over night or within a few short months so I'm sorry but it's just plain jealousy and laziness that people can't believe that someone could be that dedicated to put the work in year after year to achieve those numbers without drugs!
Why not try following one of Aaron's programs, eating right, getting enough sleep, manning up and actually putting the work in so you do see some actual progress on your lifts rather than b**ching like little girls!!
AdamTIcon...17-06-2017 @ 17:11 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5206 posts
SimonD said:As a lifetime drug free athlete looking at Aaron's lifts I don't see why they can not be achieved, yes his bench is very high but looking at his squat and deadlift they are roughly the same (which having never met him I can't say for certain) but I would guess his arms are of average length or even shorter making him far more suited to pressing.
I'm generalising here but people who have long arms in comparison to their torso tend to be extremely good pullers so they have a much bigger deadlift than squat whereas someone with t-rex style arms is pretty much gods gift to the bench so proportionality their bench is huge.
Aaron is clearly a very knowledgeable guy and shares his programs for free with the rest of us, all you have to do is look at them. They are so well thought out and methodical not leaving a thing to chance...the guy has been doing it for years building and building those numbers refining his technique and training methods as he goes to funnily enough produce some great numbers. This didn't happen over night or within a few short months so I'm sorry but it's just plain jealousy and laziness that people can't believe that someone could be that dedicated to put the work in year after year to achieve those numbers without drugs!
Why not try following one of Aaron's programs, eating right, getting enough sleep, manning up and actually putting the work in so you do see some actual progress on your lifts rather than b**ching like little girls!!

Tough post! Chill buddy!
matthewvcIcon...17-06-2017 @ 17:57 
‘downsizing’
Member 5704, 3221 posts
SQ 280, BP 210, DL 320
810.0 kgs @ 96.3kgs UnEq
ChrisMcCarthy said:
Well, I kind of agree...but John thought it was important, presumably because those tests would be tighter than any BDFPA / British Powerlifting / Army tests taken to date...
My only real point in this thread is that passing the test does not equal drug free - which was part of the original question - and that I think a considerable percentage of Lifters at the Top Level are on PED's of some kind, which I think plays a large part in the decisions of those Lifter who hope to compete against them to also take PED's of some kind, and no part of being called a Bell-End has caused me to change my view-point on that.
Unlike some others I've been pretty careful not to accuse individual lifters (and even if I had Cast Iron Evidence I would likely say nothing, as I've stated before my belief that Drug-Testing should be abolished) but I do think that openly arguing your drug-free status by using arguments that "convicted" drug-users have also used is at best a bit of a Circle-Jerk and at worst makes everyone involved look foolish (including myself for participating in it).
So, specifically for both Aaron and John - and recusing myself from my statement above in this one instance - I have no idea if either is using PED's but I have certainly spent some time in each of their Journals congratulating them when they've lifted well / hit PB's and commiserating their bad sessions / injuries over the years - perhaps it's not something I concern myself with overly...

Agree with most of this esp the abolishing of testing. the 'level playing field' of drug free is a rather nefarious concept as genetic differences mean the field will be never remotely level. as I've said before anti-PED movement is a vestige of Victorian Corinthian idealism (don't say 'safety' because no one stops athletes consuming ethanol - a drug order of magnitude more damaging than steroids)
The_Lone_WolfIcon...17-06-2017 @ 19:46 
I eat a lot of meat
Member 5124, 2996 posts
SQ 245, BP 130, DL 275
650.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 17.06.2017 @ 19:51 PM by The_Lone_Wolf
IainKendrick said:I am just pulling away from Waterloo. So if there is going to be any Londin related train station drug infused punch ups today , then let me know ASAP. I'll get off at Clapham and head back!

This post needs more love.

For the record, I believe that the man himself is 100% natty.

Ryan, why are you so angry? Are you still upset over Z's height and the fact he didn't reply to your dick pic txt?
IainKendrickIcon...17-06-2017 @ 19:50 
some nice relaxing jazz.
Member 77, 12599 posts
SQ 265, BP 165, DL 280
710.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
Lol I ended up getting a 2hr delay at Fleet!
The_Lone_WolfIcon...17-06-2017 @ 19:51 
I eat a lot of meat
Member 5124, 2996 posts
SQ 245, BP 130, DL 275
650.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
IainKendrick said:Lol I ended up getting a 2hr delay at Fleet!

Should have posted, I only live round the corner. We could have have a bare knuckle brawl at Basingstoke.
scruffmcbuffIcon...17-06-2017 @ 20:06 
Lovely ass Congrats.
Member 5958, 2315 posts
SQ 280, BP 170, DL 300
750.0 kgs @ 138kgs UnEq
The_Lone_Wolf said:
Should have posted, I only live round the corner. We could have have a bare knuckle brawl at Basingstoke.

Im in basingstoke next week. Fancy throwing fists?
IainKendrickIcon...17-06-2017 @ 20:17 
some nice relaxing jazz.
Member 77, 12599 posts
SQ 265, BP 165, DL 280
710.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
The_Lone_Wolf said:

Dam. You could have met me at Fleet Rail Station for some fisty cuffs! First person to chugg a 4 pack of tenents super gets the first blow!

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions