REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 277 guests
You are here: HomeForumNutritionHache Steaks

Hache Steaks

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

McMuffin_GainsIconHache Steaks23-01-2016 @ 22:06 
Help me rescue my Insulina.
Member 5366, 1090 posts
Does anyone use these? How do you cook them?

Have ordered some from MF and I am hoping I may get away with whacking them in the oven along with my sweet potato chips as it would save on washing up and my hob is s**t anyway at the moment.

As they are more of a burger than a steak I seem to think they wouldn't dry out like a steak would and unlike steak I would have to cook these fully, I know it says to cook like a steak but something about leaving a burger 'pink' in the middle just seems wrong to me although probably fine.
JamesHIcon...23-01-2016 @ 22:16 
my buttocks hurt
Member 337, 2119 posts
SQ 300, BP 140, DL 305
745.0 kgs @ 125kgs Eq
I presume they are the same as 'steak hache' served in France - basically a steak made of minced up beef. I am not sure of the cut used, but I think it may well be different than that used over here in mince (usually clod.

I would cook it as a steak. Let it sit at room temperature for an hour before cooking, then cook it quickly/sear, rest, then eat. Don't overcook it, and make sure to have chips with it!
little_aIcon...24-01-2016 @ 09:00 
still a devious weightlifting bastard
Member 43, 14374 posts
Beef haches are quite pleasant although I only have them as part of a bundle and wouldn't go out of my way to get them. Tried turkey ones and ended up giving them to the dogs.
The_Lone_WolfIcon...25-01-2016 @ 12:50 
I eat a lot of meat
Member 5124, 2996 posts
SQ 245, BP 130, DL 275
650.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
I usually grill them mate, come out well.
JamesHIcon...27-01-2016 @ 21:16 
my buttocks hurt
Member 337, 2119 posts
SQ 300, BP 140, DL 305
745.0 kgs @ 125kgs Eq
little_a said:Beef haches are quite pleasant although I only have them as part of a bundle and wouldn't go out of my way to get them. Tried turkey ones and ended up giving them to the dogs.

Turkey hache sounds just dire.
WesIcon...28-01-2016 @ 07:38 
31.6 and Obese !! Get in....
Member 869, 1355 posts
SQ 320, BP 200, DL 310
830.0 kgs @ 97.5kgs Eq
On't Foreman grill mine go.
MF Hache steaks are delish.
McMuffin_GainsIcon...31-01-2016 @ 18:24 
Help me rescue my Insulina.
Member 5366, 1090 posts
Thanks for the replies chaps,

I tried in the oven the other day as I was cooking something else anyway. Cooked for 30 minutes at 190 conventional and they came out great, retained all moisture and size, very beefy tasting, like a nice posh burger. Shame there a bit pricey otherwise they may become a staple!
The_Lone_WolfIcon...01-02-2016 @ 10:02 
I eat a lot of meat
Member 5124, 2996 posts
SQ 245, BP 130, DL 275
650.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
McMuffin_Gains said:Thanks for the replies chaps,

I tried in the oven the other day as I was cooking something else anyway. Cooked for 30 minutes at 190 conventional and they came out great, retained all moisture and size, very beefy tasting, like a nice posh burger. Shame there a bit pricey otherwise they may become a staple!

This.

They used to be cheaper, but MF are great at marketing and putting up prices on the sly. I only ever get chicken from them now, and some mince when it is on offer. The chicken is sourced from eastern Europe and I'd rather buy British meat, so may stop using them all together to be honest.

I had a delivery from MF on Friday just gone and 3 out of 4 bags of chicken breasts were split. Marvelous!

I get my steak and beef from Great British meat these days. All the meat they sell is British yet the chicken is a touch more expensive. It is crazy that it is cheaper to import chicken from Europe like MF do than it is to buy it from the UK.

I purchased 10kg of bavette steak from Great British meat the other day as it was on offer for £5.90 per kilo. It is so good!
JamesHIcon...02-02-2016 @ 23:51 
my buttocks hurt
Member 337, 2119 posts
SQ 300, BP 140, DL 305
745.0 kgs @ 125kgs Eq
The_Lone_Wolf said:
This.
They used to be cheaper, but MF are great at marketing and putting up prices on the sly. I only ever get chicken from them now, and some mince when it is on offer. The chicken is sourced from eastern Europe and I'd rather buy British meat, so may stop using them all together to be honest.
I had a delivery from MF on Friday just gone and 3 out of 4 bags of chicken breasts were split. Marvelous!
I get my steak and beef from Great British meat these days. All the meat they sell is British yet the chicken is a touch more expensive. It is crazy that it is cheaper to import chicken from Europe like MF do than it is to buy it from the UK.
I purchased 10kg of bavette steak from Great British meat the other day as it was on offer for £5.90 per kilo. It is so good!

Bavette is sold over here as beef skirt. For whatever insane reason, we don't seem to go for it in the UK, whilst it's very popular in France.

I think it might actually be my favourite cut. Fibrous and tasty - real meat should need to be chewed I feel!
The_Lone_WolfIcon...03-02-2016 @ 10:49 
I eat a lot of meat
Member 5124, 2996 posts
SQ 245, BP 130, DL 275
650.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
JamesH said:
Bavette is sold over here as beef skirt. For whatever insane reason, we don't seem to go for it in the UK, whilst it's very popular in France.
I think it might actually be my favourite cut. Fibrous and tasty - real meat should need to be chewed I feel!

Exactly.

http://www.greatbritishmeat.com/meat/beef/bavette.html#.VrHa1t...

The price has gone up on this recently, but it is still under 9kg per kilo, and if you spend over £50 on the site, delivery is free and you can use a code to get 10% off... So it's a great win.

I love this cut, so good.
You are here: HomeForumNutritionHache Steaks
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions