REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 87 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.

Ox's Journal Of Insanity

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

12345678910 ... ... 520521522523524525526527528529530

Training Journals is sponsored by Savage Strength - Best in strength equipment.
OxmanIcon...23-10-2017 @ 16:38 
Avatar
Likes tight rubber
Member 2981, 10294 posts
SQ 235, BP 185, DL 320
740.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
jon1234 said:your bench has gone bananas..surely 200kg can't be too far off at this rate? PBs dropping like flies.


Thanks mate, appreciated Happy
I think 200kg is a little way off yet, I have 3 weeks of this strength cycle left, i'd like to finish off with 187.5kg-190kg if possible before heading into an 8 week hypertrophy cycle to give my body a little rest lol.
OxmanIcon...23-10-2017 @ 16:39 
Avatar
Likes tight rubber
Member 2981, 10294 posts
SQ 235, BP 185, DL 320
740.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
nails said:NICE SQUAT! No longer a poverty squatter mate that's for sure.

Looks like you need to push your hips back more on those RDLs. Once you "find" your hamstrings you'll know you've got them right. Forget about the bar up and down bit, instead think about hips back and forth. So you start the rep from the top, push you hips right back (which lowers the bar). When they are back and you have a good old stretch in the hammies, push the hips forward again (which raises the bar). I hope that makes sense. I've only done RDLs a few times so take everything I say with a pinch of salt.


Haha, cheers mate...its been a bloody long time coming!

Ok mate...I will give that a go, think the weights too light too so will try 220kg next time, see if I can add some meat to my hamstrings!
OxmanIcon...23-10-2017 @ 16:40 
Avatar
Likes tight rubber
Member 2981, 10294 posts
SQ 235, BP 185, DL 320
740.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
nails said:NICE SQUAT! No longer a poverty squatter mate that's for sure.

Looks like you need to push your hips back more on those RDLs. Once you "find" your hamstrings you'll know you've got them right. Forget about the bar up and down bit, instead think about hips back and forth. So you start the rep from the top, push you hips right back (which lowers the bar). When they are back and you have a good old stretch in the hammies, push the hips forward again (which raises the bar). I hope that makes sense. I've only done RDLs a few times so take everything I say with a pinch of salt.


Haha, cheers mate...its been a bloody long time coming!

Ok mate...I will give that a go, think the weights too light too so will try 220kg next time, see if I can add some meat to my hamstrings!
OxmanIcon...23-10-2017 @ 16:42 
Avatar
Likes tight rubber
Member 2981, 10294 posts
SQ 235, BP 185, DL 320
740.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
Really not in the mood for this session...3 hour drive back from Devon, tired despite a ton of rest last night, I could have easily sacked it off but I don't have long left on this strength cycle so went in hoping to bench 170kg x 2...
 
Bench Press
 
60kg x 20
80kg x 20
100kg x 10
120kg x 5
140kg x 3
160kg x 1
170kg x 3 rep pb
175kg x 1 paused
140kg x 10 rep pb
 
Warm ups felt bad until 140, felt tight and bar not moving very well at all but 140 moved well and so went to a single with 160 to gauge where i'd be at today and it flew up so loaded 170kg. 2 moved well and I knew I had a third there so did a triple...another 5 kg onto my best triple Happy It felt really good and the weight felt light in the hands despite it being an off day. I'm thinking I may have a 187.5kg maybe a 190kg before I have to tap things off. Put on another 5kg a did a comfy paused rep and that was enough heavy work for the day so stripped back to 3 plates and try to get that elusive 10th rep and today it went...just. Double figures with 140 feels good.
 
Barbell Strict Press
 
60kg x 3
80kg x 3
100kg x 2 rep pb
105kg x 1
110kg x 1 PB
 
Pleased with that, despite fatigue and lack of practice its all moving nice, I think fresh I may have a 115kg in me but that was enough for today.
 
Barbell Push Press
 
100kg x 1
120kg x 1 Lifetime PB
130kg x f x f lol got too cocky but not a million miles away.
125kg x 1 Lifetime PB
 
Not done in a very long time but was very happy here, 120kg has eluded me for years but was easy today and was sure 130 would fly but I was too fatigued and too out of practice, oddly didn't feel heavy though. Dropped 5kg down and nailed a 125kg to finish off though.
 
Incline Hammer Press
 
120kg x 12 rep pb
120kg x 9
120kg x 8 volume pb
 
Strength up on these again despite previous work, chest is hit really nicely from these.
 
And that was enough today, big deadlift session tomorrow and needing rest and food. Really pleased with hitting the numbers I have today despite feeling shattered.
 
Vids




Wayne_CowdreyIcon...23-10-2017 @ 19:35 
Avatar
Ripped anuses heal quickly in my experience
Member 400, 18538 posts
Great stuff!

As a strict press lover I'd particularly like to congratulate you on the 110kg Happy

You don't look built for pressing or squatting, but it's not holding you back.
OxmanIcon...23-10-2017 @ 20:33 
Avatar
Likes tight rubber
Member 2981, 10294 posts
SQ 235, BP 185, DL 320
740.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
Wayne_Cowdrey said:Great stuff!

As a strict press lover I'd particularly like to congratulate you on the 110kg Happy

You don't look built for pressing or squatting, but it's not holding you back.


Thanks Wayne, very kind of you. Yes I have always struggled with everything apart from deadlifts tbh so its really nice to actually be getting somewhere with other things!
stephen9069Icon...23-10-2017 @ 20:35 
Avatar
Frequents the HOUSE of GAIN.
Member 3836, 3773 posts
SQ 225, BP 200, DL 300
725.0 kgs @ 119kgs UnEq
You need to change your journal title to: "Ox's Journal of PB insanity" lol

your beasting it mate
JohnIcon...23-10-2017 @ 22:54 
Member 5263, 2530 posts
SQ 220, BP 180, DL 250
650.0 kgs @ 130kgs UnEq
stephen9069 said:You need to change your journal title to: "Ox's Journal of PB insanity" lol

your beasting it mate


An accurate discription here Happy

12345678910 ... ... 520521522523524525526527528529530

© Sugden Barbell 2017 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto