The diet that worked for me!

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

SparrowIcon...16-03-2016 @ 21:42 
always lookIng for the extra UT2 work.
Member 9, 18279 posts
SQ 210, BP 167.5, DL 260
637.5 kgs @ 103kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 16.03.2016 @ 23:10 PM by Sparrow
Edit : I meant to say low carb diets aren't necessary.

Steve said:
Six years on it would seem opinions are changing!

I still don't think think they're necessary.

Low calories certainly are though...

www.examine.com/blog/really-low-fat-vs-somewhat-lower-carb/
FAT_SAMIcon...16-03-2016 @ 22:21 
more like 'FAT TROLL'
Member 984, 6331 posts
SQ 420, BP 260, DL 335
1015.0 kgs @ 165kgs UnEq
Six years on low carbers still look flat and perform like s**t. If you care about athletic performance of any sort you should be consuming carbs. What about the issue of intramuscular water loss from dropping carbs? This increases the risk of injury. And serotonin production and release in the body requires glucose. Serotonin is critical for optimal muscle contraction. And fats for energy ... ever eaten a fatty meal? All you wanna do is flake out and sleep. Next joke! Even for looks alone, you need carbs. Not even talking about performance. Bodybuilders are dieting to stage condition on 500g carbs a day. Those of you who hire a prep coach that gets you eating zero carbs and end up on stage looking flat as a pancake are the best, and no you didn't f**k up your 'water loading'. The anti carb brigade really grinds on me!
RobboIcon...16-03-2016 @ 22:37 
When I have enough cash, I get a deep tissue.
Member 465, 11029 posts
SQ 240, BP 175, DL 302.5
717.5 kgs @ 104kgs UnEq
FAT_SAM said:Six years on low carbers still look flat and perform like s**t. If you care about athletic performance of any sort you should be consuming carbs. What about the issue of intramuscular water loss from dropping carbs? This increases the risk of injury. And serotonin production and release in the body requires glucose. Serotonin is critical for optimal muscle contraction. And fats for energy ... ever eaten a fatty meal? All you wanna do is flake out and sleep. Next joke! Even for looks alone, you need carbs. Not even talking about performance. Bodybuilders are dieting to stage condition on 500g carbs a day. Those of you who hire a prep coach that gets you eating zero carbs and end up on stage looking flat as a pancake are the best, and no you didn't f**k up your 'water loading'. The anti carb brigade really grinds on me!

Grinds on me too!!! f**k low carbs!
Funky_monkeyIcon...17-03-2016 @ 00:08 
403 forbidden message
Member 160, 5121 posts
SQ 190, BP 137.5, DL 225
552.5 kgs @ 86kgs UnEq
You ate regular meals to keep your metabolism up, kept protein high and carbs low, coupled with a diet high in fibre and vitamins/minerals, and kept fluids high to keep yourself full. This resulted in a calorific deficit. You also lost weight from 26 stone, which is about twice the weight of an "average" male. Is this not a common sense thing? Would almost anybody not have lost weight whilst following this?
SteveIcon...17-03-2016 @ 06:49 
nothing to hide, please follow my life on webcam
Member 255, 3732 posts
Sparrow said:Edit : I meant to say low carb diets aren't necessary.
I still don't think think they're necessary.
Low calories certainly are though...
www.examine.com/blog/really-low-fat-vs-somewhat-lower-carb/...

I remember when that study came out there were a lot of argue dents for and against it and articles explaining it's design and statistical flaws. In the end can a study looking at 19 people for just six days really show anything worth while?
SteveIcon...17-03-2016 @ 07:10 
nothing to hide, please follow my life on webcam
Member 255, 3732 posts
Post Edited: 17.03.2016 @ 07:27 AM by Steve
FAT_SAM said:Six years on low carbers still look flat and perform like s**t. If you care about athletic performance of any sort you should be consuming carbs. What about the issue of intramuscular water loss from dropping carbs? This increases the risk of injury. And serotonin production and release in the body requires glucose. Serotonin is critical for optimal muscle contraction. And fats for energy ... ever eaten a fatty meal? All you wanna do is flake out and sleep. Next joke! Even for looks alone, you need carbs. Not even talking about performance. Bodybuilders are dieting to stage condition on 500g carbs a day. Those of you who hire a prep coach that gets you eating zero carbs and end up on stage looking flat as a pancake are the best, and no you didn't f**k up your 'water loading'. The anti carb brigade really grinds on me!

Despite this some top coaches/ nutritionist and elite athletes are now restricting carbs at times during their training? And competitors who require absolute concerntration are avoiding carbs?
CuddlesIcon...17-03-2016 @ 07:32 
Eat.Cycle.Sleep.Win
Member 2, 12511 posts
SQ 190, BP 150, DL 280
620.0 kgs @ 99kgs UnEq
Administrator

You do realise there are plenty of world class, professional athletes, that are relatively low carb, and cycle the carbs that they do consume?

and across a range of disciplines, many with significantly higher energy demands than lifting weights.
SparrowIcon...17-03-2016 @ 07:51 
always lookIng for the extra UT2 work.
Member 9, 18279 posts
SQ 210, BP 167.5, DL 260
637.5 kgs @ 103kgs UnEq
Steve said:
Despite this some top coaches/ nutritionist and elite athletes are now restricting carbs at times during their training? And competitors who require absolute concerntration are avoiding carbs?

I'm not arguing for a carb free-for-all.

But I think it would be foolish to ignore what we know about energy demands and carb effectiveness for professional athletes to actually attempt to eliminate / over-restrict them.
FAT_SAMIcon...17-03-2016 @ 07:56 
more like 'FAT TROLL'
Member 984, 6331 posts
SQ 420, BP 260, DL 335
1015.0 kgs @ 165kgs UnEq
Sparrow said:
I'm not arguing for a carb free-for-all.
But I think it would be foolish to ignore what we know about energy demands and carb effectiveness for professional athletes to actually attempt to eliminate / over-restrict them.

This.

People love low carb for dieting because of the initial water loss 'wow I lost 7lbs in a week', it isn't fat loss nor is this ideal for any sport IMO. I don't really understand how someone could focus mentally without carbs either.
AdamTIcon...17-03-2016 @ 10:13 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5206 posts
FAT_SAM said:
This.
People love low carb for dieting because of the initial water loss 'wow I lost 7lbs in a week', it isn't fat loss nor is this ideal for any sport IMO. I don't really understand how someone could focus mentally without carbs either.

I done a comp, low/zero carb and totalled way below normal. I did lose a fair amount of fat, but muscle too.

I think carb cycling I ok, if done correctly.
JackRevansIcon...17-03-2016 @ 10:18 
'There was also a sausage in my mouth.'
Member 2477, 16481 posts
SQ 190, BP 130, DL 235
555.0 kgs @ 83kgs UnEq
iv been thinking about this a lot recently. It is fairly evident that different, perhaps contradictory methods have worked extremely well for different people.
AdamTIcon...17-03-2016 @ 10:21 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5206 posts
FAT_SAM said:
This.

I done a comp, low/zero carb and totalled way below normal. I did lose a fair amount of fat, but muscle too.

I think carb cycling I ok, if done correctly.
FAT_SAMIcon...17-03-2016 @ 10:31 
more like 'FAT TROLL'
Member 984, 6331 posts
SQ 420, BP 260, DL 335
1015.0 kgs @ 165kgs UnEq
There are a small percentage of people that do better on high fat low carb. Then again there are people who survive just fine on 5hrs sleep due to a rare gene. Doesn't mean you should suggest getting just 5hrs sleep.
JackRevansIcon...17-03-2016 @ 10:33 
'There was also a sausage in my mouth.'
Member 2477, 16481 posts
SQ 190, BP 130, DL 235
555.0 kgs @ 83kgs UnEq
FAT_SAM said:There are a small percentage of people that do better on high fat low carb. Then again there are people who survive just fine on 5hrs sleep due to a rare gene. Doesn't mean you should suggest getting just 5hrs sleep.

oh i should have specified, with regards to any type of performance i fully agree with you. I was more talking about the trade off between performance and being aesthetic
FAT_SAMIcon...17-03-2016 @ 10:39 
more like 'FAT TROLL'
Member 984, 6331 posts
SQ 420, BP 260, DL 335
1015.0 kgs @ 165kgs UnEq
JackRevans said:
oh i should have specified, with regards to any type of performance i fully agree with you. I was more talking about the trade off between performance and being aesthetic

For pure fat loss keto works but for bodybuilding some carbs are better because full muscles are important. Depends what you're after. I like bread and pasta. And crisps :P

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions