REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 16 members and 128 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.

Time for an u120kg weight class?

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

12345678910 ... ... 2728293031323334353637

General Bullshit is sponsored by Robert Baraban Power Products - Strong arms with handmade products.
drewIcon...14-05-2012 @ 23:08 
Avatar
I thought Joplin choked on a sandwich?
Member 616, 8405 posts
SQ 180, BP 130, DL 220
530.0 kgs @ 78.8kgs UnEq
Ben_F said:
A press event - 120 log for reps, from the shoulders (just for the lols)
A deadlift event - deadlift medley, 250-280ish. Axle/partial/frame/farmers. Not just once through. Max reps in the time allowed
A loading medley - daveys skip does sound good. Or a selection of impliments, 100-120kg, 15m run in. Sandbags/stone/natural stone/anvil/washing machine/bale of hay/roll of carpet
A running about event - 300 yoke 40m into 140 farmers 40m into 180 duck walk
Another running about event - sensible weight tire/20m into drag 20m
Tongue



Head to head where ever possible


That's my suggestion
Ben_FIcon...14-05-2012 @ 23:48 
Avatar
vegetarian with a big deadlift - who would have thought...
Member 340, 13299 posts
SQ 315, BP 190, DL 350
855.0 kgs @ 120kgs UnEq
drew said:
Ben_F said:
A press event - 120 log for reps, from the shoulders (just for the lols)
A deadlift event - deadlift medley, 250-280ish. Axle/partial/frame/farmers. Not just once through. Max reps in the time allowed
A loading medley - daveys skip does sound good. Or a selection of impliments, 100-120kg, 15m run in. Sandbags/stone/natural stone/anvil/washing machine/bale of hay/roll of carpet
A running about event - 300 yoke 40m into 140 farmers 40m into 180 duck walk
Another running about event - sensible weight tire/20m into drag 20m
Tongue



Head to head where ever possible


That's my suggestion


Doable, pretty much anyway and with at least 3 head to heads... but I wouldn't have 40m yoke/farmers... 20m each would be more than enough surely?
drewIcon...14-05-2012 @ 23:56 
Avatar
I thought Joplin choked on a sandwich?
Member 616, 8405 posts
SQ 180, BP 130, DL 220
530.0 kgs @ 78.8kgs UnEq
Ben_F said:
Doable, pretty much anyway and with at least 3 head to heads... but I wouldn't have 40m yoke/farmers... 20m each would be more than enough surely?


I just rememeber from my thread about lost events quite a few people (including a certain mr Hollands) wanted longer distances on their farmers

And don't call me Shirley
martinbIcon...15-05-2012 @ 07:27 
Avatar
Grass fed
Member 1147, 7710 posts
SQ 220, BP 185, DL 272.5
677.5 kgs @ 113kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 15.05.2012 @ 07:33 AM by martinb
drew said:
I just rememeber from my thread about lost events quite a few people (including a certain mr Hollands) wanted longer distances on their farmers
And don't call me Shirley


Yeah, but not on yoke AND farmers in the same medley, and certainly not with 140 farmers, are you mental!?
Again, good looking events
Ben_FIcon...15-05-2012 @ 07:38 
Avatar
vegetarian with a big deadlift - who would have thought...
Member 340, 13299 posts
SQ 315, BP 190, DL 350
855.0 kgs @ 120kgs UnEq
Oh, and I reckon the Northern Cross would have to get dusted off for it too!
martinbIcon...15-05-2012 @ 07:55 
Avatar
Grass fed
Member 1147, 7710 posts
SQ 220, BP 185, DL 272.5
677.5 kgs @ 113kgs UnEq
Ben_F said:Oh, and I reckon the Northern Cross would have to get dusted off for it too!


I am liking the sound of this comp

We have a 180 shield at IS that I have been itching to have the need to train on
Olli1990Icon...15-05-2012 @ 08:15 
Member 2424, 949 posts
SQ 280, BP 200, DL 300
780.0 kgs @ 130kgs UnEq
General_ill said:
What about Triple bodyweight dead for reps
Also stones starting at body weight like u90


Think a 360 dead and stones starting at 120 wouldn't be too bad

The opens are doing 420+ on deads and loading 200 kilo stones so this would be a stepping stone as everyone claims Happy
drewIcon...15-05-2012 @ 08:43 
Avatar
I thought Joplin choked on a sandwich?
Member 616, 8405 posts
SQ 180, BP 130, DL 220
530.0 kgs @ 78.8kgs UnEq
martinb said:
Yeah, but not on yoke AND farmers in the same medley, and certainly not with 140 farmers, are you mental!?
Again, good looking events


Just go faster Wink
Ben_FIcon...15-05-2012 @ 09:36 
Avatar
vegetarian with a big deadlift - who would have thought...
Member 340, 13299 posts
SQ 315, BP 190, DL 350
855.0 kgs @ 120kgs UnEq
Olli1990 said:
Think a 360 dead and stones starting at 120 wouldn't be too bad
The opens are doing 420+ on deads and loading 200 kilo stones so this would be a stepping stone as everyone claims Happy


Only best Opens in the world are doing that... what was the winning number of reps at 320 at the Euro quals? (Nothing wrong with starting with a 120 stone though).
martinbIcon...15-05-2012 @ 09:39 
Avatar
Grass fed
Member 1147, 7710 posts
SQ 220, BP 185, DL 272.5
677.5 kgs @ 113kgs UnEq
how long are you planning on building the suspense on these hypothetical events Ben!?
Happy
JCIcon...15-05-2012 @ 10:05 
Avatar
technical retard
Member 172, 36834 posts
SQ 310, BP 205, DL 335
850.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
I'd go for

120 axle for reps (belly clean only) -head to head
360 yoke/130 farmers medley - 20m each - head-head
loading medley - 100kg sandbag - 160KG anvil
stones - head-head
some kind of deadlift - head to head
something else you can run head-head

can have 5 of the 6 events head-head then...judgeing ny this thread, it would be a 30+ athlete comp
chaosIcon...15-05-2012 @ 10:10 
Avatar
An amazing human being
Member 2047, 17252 posts
SQ 262.5, BP 170, DL 300
732.5 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
JC said:I'd go for

120 axle for reps (belly clean only) -head to head
360 yoke/130 farmers medley - 20m each - head-head
loading medley - 100kg sandbag - 160KG anvil
stones - head-head
some kind of deadlift - head to head
something else you can run head-head

can have 5 of the 6 events head-head then...judgeing ny this thread, it would be a 30+ athlete comp


Sounds good - I'd have power stairs as other head to head Grin
Ben_FIcon...15-05-2012 @ 10:18 
Avatar
vegetarian with a big deadlift - who would have thought...
Member 340, 13299 posts
SQ 315, BP 190, DL 350
855.0 kgs @ 120kgs UnEq
chaos said:
Sounds good - I'd have power stairs as other head to head Grin


f**k me John, we're not all millionaires like you abnd your Saudi friends!
chaosIcon...15-05-2012 @ 10:21 
Avatar
An amazing human being
Member 2047, 17252 posts
SQ 262.5, BP 170, DL 300
732.5 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
Ben_F said:
f**k me John, we're not all millionaires like you abnd your Saudi friends!


I'm sure i could get some desert money over for a couple of steps Grin
Ben_FIcon...15-05-2012 @ 10:23 
Avatar
vegetarian with a big deadlift - who would have thought...
Member 340, 13299 posts
SQ 315, BP 190, DL 350
855.0 kgs @ 120kgs UnEq
chaos said:
I'm sure i could get some desert money over for a couple of steps Grin


Tell em to keep their mitts off Robin Van Persie and splash the cash on strongman instead.

12345678910 ... ... 2728293031323334353637

© Sugden Barbell 2017 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto