REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 5 members and 120 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.

Time for an u120kg weight class?

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

12345678910 ... ... 2728293031323334353637

General Bullshit is sponsored by Robert Baraban Power Products - Strong arms with handmade products.
craigmancIcon...27-05-2012 @ 22:41 
Avatar
not much fun
Member 374, 3172 posts
Hows about a 121kg weight class
Wayne_CowdreyIcon...27-05-2012 @ 22:45 
Avatar
Ripped anuses heal quickly in my experience
Member 400, 18235 posts
u99 would suit me.
MarkIcon...28-05-2012 @ 00:28 
Member.
Member 2171, 1612 posts
How about an under 6' class?!
GATESIcon...28-05-2012 @ 11:34 
Avatar
What's your thoughts on one legged drills?
Member 1725, 4343 posts
SQ 250, BP 125, DL 272.5
647.5 kgs @ 111kgs UnEq
Ben_F said:
brownbear said:
300 16" deadlift
130 axle, 130 log, 100 block
150 stone for reps
350 yoke
?


A) Those were not the advertised weights.

B) There was a Novice comp' first and an Open comp' third... I think the one inbetween was Intermediate by virtue of this.


by your logic your right but by looking at the weights its a "light" open

like JC said its not too far from the uksc comp

i dont know how this effects the 120 clas mind
Ben_FIcon...28-05-2012 @ 11:40 
Avatar
vegetarian with a big deadlift - who would have thought...
Member 340, 13299 posts
SQ 315, BP 190, DL 350
855.0 kgs @ 120kgs UnEq
GATES said:
by your logic your right but by looking at the weights its a "light" open
like JC said its not too far from the uksc comp
i dont know how this effects the 120 clas mind


How do you differentiate between a light open and heavy intermnediate comp?

I was looking at the Junction Summer Sizzler and thinking if that was billed as an open comp' I would do it but having placed in light opens and 105 comps and I can't really say I am an intermediate and if I did enter would it make me a glory hunter? Its all become very confusing... I'm not even sure how I stand on the 120 class anymore! lol
GATESIcon...28-05-2012 @ 11:47 
Avatar
What's your thoughts on one legged drills?
Member 1725, 4343 posts
SQ 250, BP 125, DL 272.5
647.5 kgs @ 111kgs UnEq
Ben_F said:
How do you differentiate between a light open and heavy intermnediate comp?
I was looking at the Junction Summer Sizzler and thinking if that was billed as an open comp' I would do it but having placed in light opens and 105 comps and I can't really say I am an intermediate and if I did enter would it make me a glory hunter? Its all become very confusing... I'm not even sure how I stand on the 120 class anymore! lol



the summer sizzler is billed as a inters. I think the 140 farmers in that comp for 30m is too heavy for a inters too.

I dont think it makes you a glory hunter doing inters comp. The winter one we did had kingham, si j and robbo in it an no one batted a eyelid i dint think they was glory hunting an that was very similar weights.
JCIcon...28-05-2012 @ 11:50 
Avatar
technical retard
Member 172, 36834 posts
SQ 310, BP 205, DL 335
850.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
GATES said:
the summer sizzler is billed as a inters. I think the 140 farmers in that comp for 30m is too heavy for a inters too.
I dont think it makes you a glory hunter doing inters comp. The winter one we did had kingham, si j and robbo in it an no one batted a eyelid i dint think they was glory hunting an that was very similar weights.


Inter, open, light open...its all a load of bo***cks

Look at the weights, if they are challenging for you, then its your level

If they are f**king peanuts too you, then dont do that comp!
GATESIcon...28-05-2012 @ 11:52 
Avatar
What's your thoughts on one legged drills?
Member 1725, 4343 posts
SQ 250, BP 125, DL 272.5
647.5 kgs @ 111kgs UnEq
JC said:
Inter, open, light open...its all a load of bo***cks
Look at the weights, if they are challenging for you, then its your level
If they are f**king peanuts too you, then dont do that comp!


i agree with this statment but alot people abuse it as you know
martinbIcon...28-05-2012 @ 11:53 
Avatar
Grass fed
Member 1147, 7710 posts
SQ 220, BP 185, DL 272.5
677.5 kgs @ 113kgs UnEq
GATES said:
the summer sizzler is billed as a inters. I think the 140 farmers in that comp for 30m is too heavy for a inters too.
I dont think it makes you a glory hunter doing inters comp. The winter one we did had kingham, si j and robbo in it an no one batted a eyelid i dint think they was glory hunting an that was very similar weights.


IMO you are right, 140 farmers are a bit heavy

also, I think at that sort of weight, glory hunting is a bit of a silly concept

a 150+ guy with a massive press may way struggle to get more reps on the press than an athletic, smaller guy

stone carries seldom suit the really heavy guys

if it was say 130 farmers, someone like Gates may well beat someone like Cuddles

IMO comps like that are wide open, and give smaller guys a good chance of beating bigger/stronger guys
GATESIcon...28-05-2012 @ 12:02 
Avatar
What's your thoughts on one legged drills?
Member 1725, 4343 posts
SQ 250, BP 125, DL 272.5
647.5 kgs @ 111kgs UnEq
yeah i told the organizer but fell on death ears.

i aint that arsed as i can pretty much run with 140's but am guessing alot of guys will struggle
Wayne_CowdreyIcon...28-05-2012 @ 12:07 
Avatar
Ripped anuses heal quickly in my experience
Member 400, 18235 posts
JC said:
Inter, open, light open...its all a load of bo***cks
Look at the weights, if they are challenging for you, then its your level
If they are f**king peanuts too you, then dont do that comp!


Exactly!

Why do people want to do comps that are way too easy for them? Confused

I'd much rather come last in an open (and be proud of my efforts) than win a novice!
GATESIcon...28-05-2012 @ 12:09 
Avatar
What's your thoughts on one legged drills?
Member 1725, 4343 posts
SQ 250, BP 125, DL 272.5
647.5 kgs @ 111kgs UnEq
Wayne_Cowdrey said:
Exactly!
Why do people want to do comps that are way too easy for them? Confused
I'd much rather come last in an open (and be proud of my efforts) than win a novice!


but like we said before not every body lives by them rules
martinbIcon...28-05-2012 @ 12:09 
Avatar
Grass fed
Member 1147, 7710 posts
SQ 220, BP 185, DL 272.5
677.5 kgs @ 113kgs UnEq
Wayne_Cowdrey said:
I'd much rather come last in an open (and be proud of my efforts) than win a novice!


so, you would rather no rep 6 events and come last, than do 15 reps on an OH and deadlift?

how is that possibly fun?
Ben_FIcon...28-05-2012 @ 12:12 
Avatar
vegetarian with a big deadlift - who would have thought...
Member 340, 13299 posts
SQ 315, BP 190, DL 350
855.0 kgs @ 120kgs UnEq
GATES said:
the summer sizzler is billed as a inters. I think the 140 farmers in that comp for 30m is too heavy for a inters too.
I dont think it makes you a glory hunter doing inters comp. The winter one we did had kingham, si j and robbo in it an no one batted a eyelid i dint think they was glory hunting an that was very similar weights.


Okay mate, I might put my name down... afterall, my PB on axle at 120kg is 3 reps and that stone run would rape me big time! PB to 54" is 135kg.Roll-Eyes
Wayne_CowdreyIcon...28-05-2012 @ 12:20 
Avatar
Ripped anuses heal quickly in my experience
Member 400, 18235 posts
martinb said:
so, you would rather no rep 6 events and come last, than do 15 reps on an OH and deadlift?
how is that possibly fun?


I'd choose comps where I'd have a chance of doing something on the events.

12345678910 ... ... 2728293031323334353637

© Sugden Barbell 2017 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto