Who's Online - 1 member and 115 guests

Transition from Juniors to Open

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Fakeinjury17IconTransition from Juniors to Open22-06-2018 @ 23:27 
Member 6229, 67 posts
SQ 140, BP 150, DL 260
550.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 22.06.2018 @ 23:28 PM by Fakeinjury17
Have many Juniors transitioned well from junior strongman to national opens? I know of Paul Smith and the younger Stoltman (Tom?) But wondered if it is normal to expect a period when they stop competing and focus on getting stronger.

Interested as a good friend and former training partner has done UK Juniors and World's Juniors but the transition to national Opens/elite is ongoing (they have done the 'proper' UK Strongest once). Welcome anyone's thoughts on this. They seem to be going through a period of their body transitioning too as they have a lot of injuries, again wondered if this is the norm.

Finally (apologies for long thread) any advice on combining / managing work with trying to train for a high level, thoughts welcome. He's combining gym employment with door work at present.

Thanks in advance.
unit94Icon...23-06-2018 @ 00:13 
what is everyone's fran time?
Member 3986, 10443 posts
SQ 340, BP 200, DL 400
940.0 kgs @ 129kgs Eq
Generally guys who do well at junior level will take a few years afterwards to really get to a high level in the opens. It will be interesting to see who the next guy is to really push to national level from the juniors now me and Tom are out. Assuming you mean Ashton I think he just needs to really get himself sorted injury wise and then he'll quite quickly improve and be doing well at Englands etc
Fakeinjury17Icon...23-06-2018 @ 09:57 
Member 6229, 67 posts
SQ 140, BP 150, DL 260
550.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
unit94 said:Generally guys who do well at junior level will take a few years afterwards to really get to a high level in the opens. It will be interesting to see who the next guy is to really push to national level from the juniors now me and Tom are out. Assuming you mean Ashton I think he just needs to really get himself sorted injury wise and then he'll quite quickly improve and be doing well at Englands etc

Thanks for taking the time to respond Paul it's appreciated. Let's hope the injury saga ends like you say and can move on. Be good to see him on national level.
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions