REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 105 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitWSM 2016?

WSM 2016?

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

12345678910 ... 11 ... 8889909192939495969798

General Bullshit is sponsored by Robert Baraban Power Products - Strong arms with handmade products.
MJGIcon...18-07-2016 @ 08:07 
Avatar
Member 5560, 595 posts
Post Edited: 18.07.2016 @ 08:11 AM by MJG
cowie said:Luke Stoltman now appears to be IN


Great news if true. The question would be is he in because one of the GB lads is injured or are we taking 6 guys?

Or is he just going as a reserve?

It's definitely happening around the 15th of August and the athletes seem to know when and exactly what the events will be. Just nothing is getting leaked to us!

EDIT -

I've just found this over on Iron Mind -

So, some details have emerged in the last few weeks. We know it's in Botswana, from August 13-20. The rumored final events are the following:
-Frame carry
-Circus barbell press
-Kettlebell throw
-Max deadlift
-Plane pull
-Atlas stones

I wish they would shake the final up a bit.
NimbleIcon...18-07-2016 @ 08:23 
Avatar
woefully weak
Member 4748, 843 posts
SQ 147, BP 122, DL 237
506.0 kgs @ 99kgs UnEq
MJG said:
I've just found this over on Iron Mind -
So, some details have emerged in the last few weeks. We know it's in Botswana, from August 13-20. The rumored final events are the following:
-Frame carry
-Circus barbell press
-Kettlebell throw
-Max deadlift
-Plane pull
-Atlas stones
I wish they would shake the final up a bit.


Yep. Disappointed with kettlebell throw (don't think it's really a "strength" event) and max deadlift (two already this year!)

-Frame carry
Loz, Shaw, Thor

-Circus barbell press
Hall, Radz, ?

-Kettlebell throw
Thor, Shaw

-Max deadlift
Hall, Shaw

-Plane pull
Shaw, Hollands, Thor

-Atlas stones
Shaw, Thor, Hall

Looks like Shaw will have this wrapped up.
MJGIcon...18-07-2016 @ 09:09 
Avatar
Member 5560, 595 posts
Nimble said:
Yep. Disappointed with kettlebell throw (don't think it's really a "strength" event) and max deadlift (two already this year!)
-Frame carry
Loz, Shaw, Thor
-Circus barbell press
Hall, Radz, ?
-Kettlebell throw
Thor, Shaw
-Max deadlift
Hall, Shaw
-Plane pull
Shaw, Hollands, Thor
-Atlas stones
Shaw, Thor, Hall
Looks like Shaw will have this wrapped up.


Not sure about that. Thor could beat him on Frame, Stones, Kettle bell and Truck pull. Eddie could win if he can beat Shaw on stones and gets a few people between himself and Shaw/Thor in the overhead.
Robbo91Icon...18-07-2016 @ 09:15 
Doesn't like tall people very much.
Member 5708, 391 posts
SQ 260, BP 195, DL 275
730.0 kgs @ 137.5kgs UnEq
MJG said:
Not sure about that. Thor could beat him on Frame, Stones, Kettle bell and Truck pull. Eddie could win if he can beat Shaw on stones and gets a few people between himself and Shaw/Thor in the overhead.


It depends if it's for reps or a medley like recent years. Shaw cleans very well and at lighter weights will probably beat a lot of people despite not being a great presser.
blinkiIcon...18-07-2016 @ 10:09 
Member 5256, 54 posts
With those events Eddie should be top 3. Probably third but if he does ok on the frame, gets a few get between him and Thor/Shaw on deadlift and/or press then Thor and Shaw do fairly even on the other events, it's quite open
PaulSavageIcon...18-07-2016 @ 10:21 
Avatar
my goals are none realistic
Member 2775, 6134 posts
If the barbell is reps ed could possibly win if he does well on Kettlewell throw. I've never seen him lose grip on anything as far as I can think of so he should be 1-2 on frame then and Shaw has always done bad at it. Might be hard to get back points.
lukiIcon...18-07-2016 @ 11:52 
Avatar
Member 5517, 706 posts
SQ 125, BP 100, DL 175
400.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
Never seen circus barbell. Is it a barbell with metal balls on the end like dumbbell?
KevC86Icon...18-07-2016 @ 12:12 
Avatar
Naps, family time and good food.
Member 5141, 2110 posts
SQ 300, BP 180, DL 340
820.0 kgs @ 125kgs UnEq
PaulSavage said:If the barbell is reps ed could possibly win if he does well on Kettlewell throw. I've never seen him lose grip on anything as far as I can think of so he should be 1-2 on frame then and Shaw has always done bad at it. Might be hard to get back points.


Frame will almost certainly allow straps, they did in america and at Europes, so grip wont be a factor. And as much as i like Ed i cant see him getting top 2 in a moving event against Thor, Shaw and quite possibly Loz and Hollands.
drex50Icon...18-07-2016 @ 13:35 
Avatar
I want passion
Member 5901, 676 posts
KevC86 said:
Frame will almost certainly allow straps, they did in america and at Europes, so grip wont be a factor. And as much as i like Ed i cant see him getting top 2 in a moving event against Thor, Shaw and quite possibly Loz and Hollands.


WSM never use straps on frame carry

In my opinion Edd need to be 10-15 kilos down to be competitive in moving events, but he migth surpise just like he did with deadlift record.
I think Shaw will win it comfortable, very good events for him, max dead, kettlebell, heavy plane pull. He has no bad event here.
The_Lone_WolfIcon...18-07-2016 @ 13:42 
Avatar
I eat a lot of meat
Member 5124, 2321 posts
SQ 245, BP 130, DL 275
650.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
drex50 said:
WSM never use straps on frame carry
In my opinion Edd need to be 10-15 kilos down to be competitive in moving events, but he migth surpise just like he did with deadlift record.
I think Shaw will win it comfortable, very good events for him, max dead, kettlebell, heavy plane pull. He has no bad event here.


I agree RE Brian. He can consistently pick up good points and event wins in all of these events listed.
MJGIcon...18-07-2016 @ 14:18 
Avatar
Member 5560, 595 posts
The_Lone_Wolf said:
I agree RE Brian. He can consistently pick up good points and event wins in all of these events listed.


But would the same not apply to Thor?
scruffmcbuffIcon...18-07-2016 @ 14:38 
the new longest serving member without a tagline
Member 5958, 2063 posts
SQ 280, BP 170, DL 300
750.0 kgs @ 138kgs UnEq
MJG said:
But would the same not apply to Thor?


valid point but watching his truck pull last year he seemed to struggle and safe to say he wont beat baby shaw on deadlift.
That all sounds very negative but i still believe he has a very very good chance of a podium finish.
MJGIcon...18-07-2016 @ 14:46 
Avatar
Member 5560, 595 posts
scruffmcbuff said:
valid point but watching his truck pull last year he seemed to struggle and safe to say he wont beat baby shaw on deadlift.
That all sounds very negative but i still believe he has a very very good chance of a podium finish.


That still puts him in with a chance of winning 3 events - Frame, Kettlebell thow and Atlas stones.
scruffmcbuffIcon...18-07-2016 @ 14:47 
the new longest serving member without a tagline
Member 5958, 2063 posts
SQ 280, BP 170, DL 300
750.0 kgs @ 138kgs UnEq
MJG said:
That still puts him in with a chance of winning 3 events - Frame, Kettlebell thow and Atlas stones.


Very true, I didnt consider that.
Maybe this year it might be close enough points wise that the athletes actually battle out on the stones like they used to!
BenvieIcon...18-07-2016 @ 14:56 
Avatar
embarrasingly poor bench
Member 2684, 4043 posts
SQ 240, BP 135, DL 275
650.0 kgs @ 103kgs UnEq
MJG said:
Great news if true. The question would be is he in because one of the GB lads is injured or are we taking 6 guys?
Or is he just going as a reserve?


He's definitely not a reserve this time. Dunno about whether it's instead of another brit or if 6 will go.

12345678910 ... 11 ... 8889909192939495969798

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitWSM 2016?
© Sugden Barbell 2017 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto