Who's Online - 0 members and 225 guests

Your 2012 in Review

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

General_illIcon...19-12-2012 @ 19:03 
3rd place Europes strongest man 2016 U90kg
Member 1239, 13275 posts
SQ 280, BP 155, DL 310
745.0 kgs @ 89kgs UnEq
Well pretty solid 1st proper year for me I recon.

Started with the epic road trip to st Ives with my dad bro in law and John. We nipped out for some tea which ended up with me getting smashed the night before the comp and a £200 bill for fire extinguisher abuse Grin

Comp went well and I finished 7th (Youngy ruined my chance of 6th)

Onwards to northern Quals,

This was probably my favourite comp mainly because on the lads involved we had a blast and I finished third pulling a massive PB deadlift and winning the Yoke (in your face Shane and Pagan)

[IMG]http://i363.photobucket.com/albums/oo73/Winston_69/9cd00fc1.jp...

This qualified me for ESM u90

I was a bit worried about the farmers as I'd mainly focused my training for the qualifier not training farmers AT ALL
Training went well and I was expecting to nail them (I never, I f**ked it up Unhappy ) I did however squat a PB and nailed medley which I was also worried about not finishing.

Finished 8th missing out on Bsm or so i thought !

Dragons

Training wasn't going great around Dragons but I was just using the comp as a day out with the boys, a fun un serious days strongmanning I did want to nail a log PB aiming for 110x3, I managed this and also had a good (for me) Stone run finished 7th.

Then 5wks out i got a chance to compete at BSM u90k

I trained the log as much ask could but just couldn't nail the 125k required. All training was focused toward this comp I really wanted to do well.

I had a really great comp was second after 3 event (couldn't believe this) narrowly missing out on winning the truck pull by 1/2 cm Eek
And nailing a double on the log(this was my highlight of the comp)

I then completely made a balls up with the sand bag load and dropped 2 places. I managed to keep my head and performed good in the rest of the comp and kept 4th until the end.

I was properly please with this and think it finished the year in style.

I've literally loved every minute of all the comps I've done this year, even whilst puking loads at BSM I was smiling

[IMG]http://i363.photobucket.com/albums/oo73/Winston_69/6520e459.jp...

TEAM NORTH FOREVER
CuddlesIcon...20-12-2012 @ 07:39 
Eat.Cycle.Sleep.Win
Member 2, 12511 posts
SQ 190, BP 150, DL 280
620.0 kgs @ 99kgs UnEq
Administrator
Been a strange year training wise as it is probably the first in 14 years that I haven't been lifting for sometihng or at least rehabbing so that I could be lifting for something.

Managed to take a lot of weight off and get myself in fairly decent shape cardio wise.

Highlight was completing LEJOG in July and raising £2k+ in the process, an experience I will treasure for the rest of my life.

If the weather improves then I hope to clock 8000 miles before the year is out.
mrbeigeIcon...20-12-2012 @ 11:00 
I was being a spaz!
Member 2961, 1580 posts
SQ 195, BP 120, DL 255
570.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
2012 has been a bit crap. Was out with knee and shoulder injury for 5 months, lost a load of strength and about 8kgs. Any kind of condition was lost and I started smoking again! All in all a bit s**t. To top it all off, took voluntary redundancy in November, with the promise of work elsewhere, that never materialised. Hence motivation is at an all time low, as are funds for the ever increasing list of equipment that I need for my garage gym (can't afford to go to any gyms).

However, it's not all bad. Knee still not brilliant but getting there, but shoulder back to normal. Managed to get my 3 main lifts pretty much back to where they were pre injury, with a little PB on squat. Hoping for a lot more progress next year, hence...

Goals for 2013:
  • Quit smoking
  • Compete in several novice comps
  • Acquire some more equipment - log, farmers, kettlebells etc.
  • 270 deadlift
  • 225 squat
  • 110 pushie
  • 125 bench
  • Sort diet properly and train with more intensity
robpalmer1Icon...20-12-2012 @ 19:53 
Am I elite?
Member 1674, 306 posts
SQ 350, BP 250, DL 305
905.0 kgs @ 93kgs Eq
I said:Enjoyed 2012.

Won EPF Europeans @ 83
Won GBPF British @ 83
Broke the British squat record @ 83 (330.5kg)
7th @ IPF Worlds @ 83 (bit gutted with that, got well and truly spanked)
Broke British squat record again though 332.5kg
Broke Squat(340),bench(245)and Total(880) records at 93. Happy with that.

As for next year, will lift at a few comps at 93. Will make a decision on the Europeans in march as to which weight class.
Would be good to win a Europeans in two weight categories. But they are strong mothers!
Short term targets
Squat 360@93
Bench 255 @ 93
Deadlift 320 @ 93

Change of plans, just found out today that I have been nominated for the World Games in Columbia next year!
New goals

Squat 360@83
Bench 250@83
Deadlift 310@83
All in competition

Gonna give the Russian stimulation a good crack as well, the research is all wallet positive regarding strength gains, just hurts like a b**ch and your quads feel like they will explode.

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions