REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 85 guests

Paul Savage training log

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

12345678910 ... 561562563 ... 617618619620621622623624625626627

PaulSavageIcon...13-09-2017 @ 13:53 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
Wayne_Cowdrey said:Your definition of 'natural' differs from mine, but good luck with it.

If you sign up 3 month before, and don't take anything while under contract, you are going by the rules. If they were to say nobody that's ever taken anything can compete then one, unless they have previously failed a drug test, they can't prove it anyway, and two, that's 100% encouraging them to keep taking drugs as they arnt allowed to compete in drug tested events.
PaulSavageIcon...13-09-2017 @ 14:04 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
Post Edited: 13.09.2017 @ 14:06 PM by PaulSavage
yiannis said:
That's like saying ' I'm not a wife beater! I've not hit my wife since last week so it doesn't count now'
Again good luck with it but I have to say I would class that as cheating as there are comps that allow you to compete Unnatural!

Is it f**k, I haven't taken anything since months before I signed up to the contract. I have been 100% accurate to the rules, not cheating at all. If you think it helps to have taken stuff in the past and then try without please go ahead and test that theory. Even if taken very little amounts like I did your prep will consist of having bouts of depression, extremely low energy to the point you can hardly think or move, never mind train, extremely slow recovery from the training you do manage to do, and then the cherry on top is you get fat as f**k.

Everybody that hasn't taken stuff seems to think you are superman for life the moment you take a drop of test and it just doesn't work that way. They actually made me weaker in grip, and i'm probably the strongest ive ever been or nigh on now without them, even with low test. Totally depends what you have taken yes, again ive taken very little, but whatever you have taken you will probably be suffering for a year or 2 before you get back to 'normal', if you ever do that is, that's best case scenario.
PaulSavageIcon...13-09-2017 @ 14:29 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
Post Edited: 13.09.2017 @ 14:35 PM by PaulSavage
Something else to note is there is loads of people in sports who knowingly take banned substances to purposefully cheat. You think Jon Jones only did it the times he got caught?? Of course not, same for loads of others. No doubt I will compete against some of these if I choose to go down this path and I will do nothing to cheat year round. They only tested the winners of the contests (so only a few of 50) at the contest and I don't know of anyone that's been tested out of competition so would have been very easy for people to cheat at least this year. I know they have joined with Olympic committee now so will have more funding. They did piss tests and blood tests by the way. Becca was tested immediately following the competitions. They wanted her to do test straight after the strongwoman comp but of course she had the grip comp to do so they followed her around the whole grip comp then piss tested her, which meant they watched her do it, wouldn't look away or search before going in etc was no way to cheat it so I thought that was good (though awkward as f**k obviously). She didn't get blood tested, think they had to catch flight or something as had to wait till after grip comp, but I know the others got blood tested.
KevC86Icon...13-09-2017 @ 16:10 
Member 5141, 4204 posts
SQ 300, BP 180, DL 350
830.0 kgs @ 130kgs UnEq
Unless the rules have changed (very possible, ive not looked in years) bnsf requires you to be drug free for 3 years prior to competing.
True, they cant test that far back, but entering when youve knowingly broken those rules is definitely cheating.
AMH_PowerIcon...13-09-2017 @ 16:32 
we ride at dawn
Member 4363, 1442 posts
SQ 310, BP 250, DL 320
880.0 kgs @ 104kgs UnEq
I posted earlier but it doesn't seem to post.

I appreciate everyones mileage differs in terms of basal metabolic rate etc, but to sustain a mass of 174kg @ 37C (without external acting forces or insulation), you'd need more than 2800 calories per 24 hours.

that means LIFE and movement aside, the simple sustaining of that temperature requires more. Basically, to keep a dead 174kg human at 37C, it would take ~2920 calories (given total R-value of human and a cal warming 1g of water by 1c)...

So given that she is very much alive, and has many metabolic processes on top of maintaining temperature, the calorie requirement would be much higher...

anyways, the point i'm making is, no way does she eat under 2200 cals and sit at 174kg; it would be like driving the M4 &rt; M5 &rt; M6 and then realising your fuel has gone up. Whereas everybody elses has gone down in varying amounts... she is 'over unity'.

If you have weight management goals for her, I'd revise how you are counting her calories as its innacurate.

Also, 174kg isn't a healthy weight for any human, no matter how much of it is lean and other habits. Blood vessels don't care, they harden to account for the pressure exerted by the heart to keep up with the volume of blood in the body.

I know you didn't ask for advice, but her strength accolades might not mean much if shes on dialysis by the time she's 30 or had heart failure. Sorry for the doom and gloom, but to claim 'healthier than most' is outright wrong.
PaulSavageIcon...13-09-2017 @ 16:45 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
KevC86 said:Unless the rules have changed (very possible, ive not looked in years) bnsf requires you to be drug free for 3 years prior to competing.
True, they cant test that far back, but entering when youve knowingly broken those rules is definitely cheating.

Again, I don't know but since they can't test that far back a rule like that wouldn't have any meaning. I don't even see it as a positive thing in terms of performance either, you need to factor in that your test is now lower, it works both ways. Cheating to me is getting an unfair advantage, not an advantage in the past but now when training/competing a disadvantage.
PaulSavageIcon...13-09-2017 @ 16:59 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
Post Edited: 13.09.2017 @ 17:03 PM by PaulSavage
AMH_Power said:I posted earlier but it doesn't seem to post.

I appreciate everyones mileage differs in terms of basal metabolic rate etc, but to sustain a mass of 174kg @ 37C (without external acting forces or insulation), you'd need more than 2800 calories per 24 hours.

that means LIFE and movement aside, the simple sustaining of that temperature requires more. Basically, to keep a dead 174kg human at 37C, it would take ~2920 calories (given total R-value of human and a cal warming 1g of water by 1c)...

So given that she is very much alive, and has many metabolic processes on top of maintaining temperature, the calorie requirement would be much higher...

anyways, the point i'm making is, no way does she eat under 2200 cals and sit at 174kg; it would be like driving the M4 &rt; M5 &rt; M6 and then realising your fuel has gone up. Whereas everybody elses has gone down in varying amounts... she is 'over unity'.

If you have weight management goals for her, I'd revise how you are counting her calories as its innacurate.

Also, 174kg isn't a healthy weight for any human, no matter how much of it is lean and other habits. Blood vessels don't care, they harden to account for the pressure exerted by the heart to keep up with the volume of blood in the body.

I know you didn't ask for advice, but her strength accolades might not mean much if shes on dialysis by the time she's 30 or had heart failure. Sorry for the doom and gloom, but to claim 'healthier than most' is outright wrong.

Oh i didn't realise you were a doctor that's health checked Becca, when did you do this? Did you get a different blood pressure result? The other two doctors got it to exactly 120 over 80 and both said she was in really good health from further tests. You are discrediting these doctors? What did your results show?

You are thinking of human being = human being, and it just doesn't work that way. Everybody is different, did you know a lot of Geoff Capes family have lived till 80+ and they are/were all overweight like him? Becca would be a big person no matter what, she was 170kg when I met her, now lot less fat and lot more muscle at 175kg. Yes she is going to be cutting now, no she doesn't eat more calories than I said she does. Surprisingly I have figured out how to count a calorie 14 years after getting my btec level 3 in nutrition..
AdamTIcon...13-09-2017 @ 17:21 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5206 posts
Btech? Now you're taking me back. We must be similar age.

Good luck to both. And good on Becca. You're doing a good job with her.
AMH_PowerIcon...13-09-2017 @ 17:24 
we ride at dawn
Member 4363, 1442 posts
SQ 310, BP 250, DL 320
880.0 kgs @ 104kgs UnEq
PaulSavage said:
Oh i didn't realise you were a doctor that's health checked Becca, when did you do this? Did you get a different blood pressure result? The other two doctors got it to exactly 120 over 80 and both said she was in really good health from further tests. You are discrediting these doctors? What did your results show?
You are thinking of human being = human being, and it just doesn't work that way. Everybody is different, did you know a lot of Geoff Capes family have lived till 80+ and they are/were all overweight like him? Becca would be a big person no matter what, she was 170kg when I met her, now lot less fat and lot more muscle at 175kg. Yes she is going to be cutting now, no she doesn't eat more calories than I said she does. Surprisingly I have figured out how to count a calorie16 years after getting my btec level 3 in nutrition..

I'm commenting out of concern. If my girlfriend was 174kg and a doctor told her she was healthy, I'd get another doctor.

This is going to go full circle one more, but instead of everybody saying "told you that you wouldn't do 300x10", sadly it will be about your girlfriends health.

As for "it doesn't work like that", it really does.

We have three scenarios:

1. She is exempt from the laws of thermodynamics
2. You can't calorie count
3. She's a sneak eater

I'm happy to take bets it isn't number 1. That puts you in a bad place mate, she's deceiving you or your BTEC is invalid.

Naturally number 2 and 3 are an impossibility in your head, so do you really think she is exempt the laws of thermodynamics!???

It wouldn't surprise me, you seem to believe you are exempt newtons laws of motion; 300x10.

Paul, she is morbidly obese. That is irrefutable and is not healthy. If you think she is healthy, then the same institute which educated your doctor is pushing out bogus stats.
KevC86Icon...13-09-2017 @ 18:00 
Member 5141, 4204 posts
SQ 300, BP 180, DL 350
830.0 kgs @ 130kgs UnEq
PaulSavage said:
Again, I don't know but since they can't test that far back a rule like that wouldn't have any meaning. I don't even see it as a positive thing in terms of performance either, you need to factor in that your test is now lower, it works both ways. Cheating to me is getting an unfair advantage, not an advantage in the past but now when training/competing a disadvantage.

Breaking the rules is cheating. Clear as day.
AAS use is a performance enhancer, the drop in natural test levels doesnt begin to balance the scales. That comes not only from the science, but from the fact ive used on and off over the years myself.

Would you honestly rather cheat and win a natty title, than do untested and lose?
PaulSavageIcon...13-09-2017 @ 18:57 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
AMH_Power said:
I'm commenting out of concern. If my girlfriend was 174kg and a doctor told her she was healthy, I'd get another doctor.
This is going to go full circle one more, but instead of everybody saying "told you that you wouldn't do 300x10", sadly it will be about your girlfriends health.
As for "it doesn't work like that", it really does.
We have three scenarios:
1. She is exempt from the laws of thermodynamics
2. You can't calorie count
3. She's a sneak eater
I'm happy to take bets it isn't number 1. That puts you in a bad place mate, she's deceiving you or your BTEC is invalid.
Naturally number 2 and 3 are an impossibility in your head, so do you really think she is exempt the laws of thermodynamics!???
It wouldn't surprise me, you seem to believe you are exempt newtons laws of motion; 300x10.
Paul, she is morbidly obese. That is irrefutable and is not healthy. If you think she is healthy, then the same institute which educated your doctor is pushing out bogus stats.

It was over two doctors. She doesn't sneak eat. You are coming with all this science but you don't have enough brain power to realise peoples genetics can very different, this is extremely obvious. Do you think Andy Bolton being able to deadlift 300kg no training is the same under his skin as me being able to do 60kg no training? Nope, not even close, may as well be a different species. You think Becca is the same as you? Nope. Everybody is different.
PaulSavageIcon...13-09-2017 @ 19:04 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
Post Edited: 13.09.2017 @ 19:13 PM by PaulSavage
KevC86 said:
Breaking the rules is cheating. Clear as day.
AAS use is a performance enhancer, the drop in natural test levels doesnt begin to balance the scales. That comes not only from the science, but from the fact ive used on and off over the years myself.
Would you honestly rather cheat and win a natty title, than do untested and lose?

Again I would not be cheating, I have zero advantage over others, actually a big disadvantage in that my genetics are s**te compared to the likes of Michael Allen (not to take anything away from him or anyone else). I could take all kinds of all sorts and still not be even close to = to some on nothing. Look at what Becca has accomplished in one year from my coaching drug free, that's not because she tries harder, she doesn't, i actually put more effort into her getting results than she does. The reason is because she has much better genetics than me. This is what is the biggest factor, drug tested or none tested, nothing will really be fair and even, its impossible.

I have never been on ped's in any sporting contest ive done, even when competing untested, and would never take peds while under drug free contract. Test me, I will pass - this is how drug testing works. Lots are not life time drug free and lots do take banned substances when under contract. That is what cheating is and its something I would never do.
AMH_PowerIcon...13-09-2017 @ 19:10 
we ride at dawn
Member 4363, 1442 posts
SQ 310, BP 250, DL 320
880.0 kgs @ 104kgs UnEq
PaulSavage said:
It was over two doctors. She doesn't sneak eat. You are coming with all this science but you don't have enough brain power to realise peoples genetics can very different, this is extremely obvious. Do you think Andy Bolton being able to deadlift 300kg no training is the same under his skin as me being able to do 60kg no training? Nope, not even close, may as well be a different species. You think Becca is the same as you? Nope. Everybody is different.

You completely miss the point.

I'll use a different analogy:

Person A, takes water out of the bath with a small cup, and takes 1000 scoops of water to empty the bath (slow metabolism).

Person B, takes water out of the bath with a large jug, and takes 10 scoops of water to empty it (fast metabolism).

THIS is individual differences, both are doing work but different biology between them sees one is more efficient.

Now, Becka, it doesn't matter how many scoops she takes out the bath and has no regard of the volume of the container she is doing it with... her bath is filling up regardless.

This, is pretty much what you are telling me. As a person who understands thermodynamics, in particular with regards to entropy, it's hard to even hold a discussion with you as your personal belief is that the laws of thermodynamics don't apply to your girlfriend.

Did you not read the calorie requirement to maintain a DEAD 174kg human at 37C? But yet yours is very much alive and requires even less! I can't word it any better than this.
KevC86Icon...13-09-2017 @ 19:11 
Member 5141, 4204 posts
SQ 300, BP 180, DL 350
830.0 kgs @ 130kgs UnEq
Your view of cheating varies hugely to the rest of the world then.

The rules say no drugs within 3 years. Breaking that rule is cheating.
There is no ambiguity or grey area.

That said since your use is public knowledge id hope you wouldnt be allowed to compete anyway so it should never become an issue.
ben66Icon...13-09-2017 @ 19:21 
Why get fat to look big?
Member 1330, 4797 posts
SQ 300, BP 200, DL 305
805.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
Paul, regardless of your delusions, she's almost 400lbs....however you spin it, that's not healthy.

12345678910 ... 561562563 ... 617618619620621622623624625626627

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions