Who's Online - 0 members and 191 guests
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsPhil's Log

Phil's Log

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

PhilSmyth94IconPhil's Log13-12-2012 @ 16:09 
Member 4197, 4 posts
SQ 187.5, BP 115, DL 205
507.5 kgs @ 87kgs UnEq
So I'm sitting on my sofa, up to my eyes in co-codamol. Two days ago, a surgeon was rummaging around in my nose lopping bits off and I don't exactly feel great for having the experience.

To pass the time between my pill-popping, I'm going to copy up my log on here for whoever wants to have a look at it and tell me how much strength I'm gonna lose over the next 3-6 weeks not lifting.

I started training in September 2011. Age 20, weighing in at 75kg, 5 feet 11 inches tall, I was already a monster, the expert noob that I was decided a rough plan of a 3 day split with Bench, Squats, Deadlift was the right way to go, and would aim to run this twice a week while trying to put some weight on the bar and some weight on me.
Funky_monkeyIcon...13-12-2012 @ 17:19 
403 forbidden message
Member 160, 5121 posts
SQ 190, BP 137.5, DL 225
552.5 kgs @ 86kgs UnEq
You're going to put a log on here but you're not lifting :S

Thank god you're only on Co-Codamol and not Tramadol!

Would be good to see how you're progressing, we're roughly at the same level at the moment.
PhilSmyth94Icon...18-12-2012 @ 15:31 
Member 4197, 4 posts
SQ 187.5, BP 115, DL 205
507.5 kgs @ 87kgs UnEq
September to December I trained in my university gym 4 days a week, usually in the mornings before my lectures which took up 9am-5pm most days. I spent too much time going in clubs and other late night activities, but I didn't take any days off training that weren't completely necessary.

I didn't keep a log but I just ran the same program trying to make new rep PRs and going for a max every so often.

I wasted loads of time not eating enough/the right food; doing abs, flyes and calf raises; and pretty much every noob mistake possible but by the end of the christmas term I weighed 79kg- a 5kg mostly lean weight gain.

All of my information came from the internet- sites like Tnation, Elitefts, and lots of powerlifters on Youtube.
PhilSmyth94Icon...18-12-2012 @ 15:50 
Member 4197, 4 posts
SQ 187.5, BP 115, DL 205
507.5 kgs @ 87kgs UnEq
Funky_monkey said:You're going to put a log on here but you're not lifting :S

Thank god you're only on Co-Codamol and not Tramadol!

Would be good to see how you're progressing, we're roughly at the same level at the moment.

I hope to be back lifting as soon as possible after christmas. Ill have my progress so far summarised by then, and ill be able to work straight on here, hopefully with some videos too.

I appreciate the interest, thanks!

By the way, the co-codamol was strong enough! the first few days after the operation I had the 30/500 tablets and I was just sitting in a daze all day, hence the lack of progress on the log
PhilSmyth94Icon...18-12-2012 @ 16:14 
Member 4197, 4 posts
SQ 187.5, BP 115, DL 205
507.5 kgs @ 87kgs UnEq
I tested my 1RMs when I was at home (Northern Ireland) over Christmas because I was training with my cousin who trains powerlifting and he was there to spot me.

My results from the Christmas 'meet'- 135kg squat, 95kg bench and 170kg deadlift.
I got a powerlifting belt for christmas, before this i had been using the old, thin, worn out leather lifting belts at the gym.

With my new maxes I decided I needed to try and tighten up my programming, so it was a toss up between Skeiko and 5/3/1. The volume of Sheiko appealed to me so the next week I began Sheiko number 29. 1 week in, I thought it was too easy and I didn't like training only 3 days per week, so I decided to run Sheiko 'CMS prep' (I hadn't realised at the time what this meant, and I know this will look stupid to anyone who knows anything about Sheiko. However, I have absolutely no regrets.)
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsPhil's Log
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions