Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

12345678910 ... ... 6061626364656667686970

Robbo91Icon...11-07-2016 @ 22:56 
Doesn't like tall people very much.
Member 5708, 391 posts
SQ 260, BP 195, DL 275
730.0 kgs @ 137.5kgs UnEq
PeterDeLaMare said:
Suggest nobody reads the comments. There are some truly ignorant people around.

It's the classic response from a lot of people when faced with someone who can do things they can't.
I'm not overly strong on the grand scale but still people will ask how much I can squat, then follow my reply up with 'I bet that's not good for your knees' or 'yeah but how far can you run?'
The same thing that gets those people to ask gets the people on the Mail website to take time out of their day to comment negatively. Whatever happened to 'if you've got nothing nice to say then don't say anything' eh?
CAJIcon...11-07-2016 @ 23:16 
I recommend the track - Slut Machine
Member 6043, 955 posts
SQ 350, BP 195, DL 350
895.0 kgs @ 150kgs UnEq
Typical responses from people who just don't understand.

As much as the comments send me raging, these are the people we know, live amongst, work with on a daily basis.

They have no comprehension of this feat or it's significance, to them it means nothing it's just some bloke who is too big, risking his life to pick something heavy off the floor, they see it as stupid and pointless. There's also some down right f**kwits who as previously stated can't say anything nice because they've never achieved anything with their s**t, plain vanilla lifestyle and so they subconsciously project their hateful venom onto everybody else to make themselves feel justified and worth a s**t.

f**k these people. f**k the Daily Fail. Surround yourself with positive energy.
dannyboy73Icon...12-07-2016 @ 09:39 
Mask it or Casket !!
Member 4600, 8166 posts
SQ 240, BP 162.5, DL 255
657.5 kgs @ 90.5kgs UnEq
To quote Darren Brown when he asked an audience member what news paper do you read?

They responded 'Daily Mail'

'Oh' said Daren, 'strange, you don't look like a racist'.

PeterDeLaMare said:
Suggest nobody reads the comments. There are some truly ignorant people around.
AdamTIcon...12-07-2016 @ 10:21 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5206 posts
I wouldn't get too caught up with the masses. If you're not a fan/lifter, then it is hard to respect something like this.

My favourite sport is boxing, many find it barbaric and pointless.

If you don't understand something, or follow it! It's easy to s**t over it.
matthewvcIcon...12-07-2016 @ 15:16 
‘downsizing’
Member 5704, 3218 posts
SQ 280, BP 210, DL 320
810.0 kgs @ 96.3kgs UnEq
CAJ said:Typical responses from people who just don't understand.

As much as the comments send me raging, these are the people we know, live amongst, work with on a daily basis.

They have no comprehension of this feat or it's significance, to them it means nothing it's just some bloke who is too big, risking his life to pick something heavy off the floor, they see it as stupid and pointless. There's also some down right f**kwits who as previously stated can't say anything nice because they've never achieved anything with their s**t, plain vanilla lifestyle and so they subconsciously project their hateful venom onto everybody else to make themselves feel justified and worth a s**t.

exactly - the world is full people (to paraphrase david thoreau) 'living lives of quiet desperation'.
they never push themselves to any limit, or sacrifice anything to achieve something.
they're born, marry, maybe have some kids and that's it and when there's an opportunity to
snipe at someone who hasn't followed their conformist mondeo man life they come out in force to bring them down.

the daily mail is the worst of the worst for these f**kers.
SimeonIcon...12-07-2016 @ 16:42 
tight in the hole
Member 2057, 3121 posts
SQ 205, BP 140, DL 260
605.0 kgs @ 95kgs UnEq
CAJ said:Typical responses from people who just don't understand.

Well lets face it what Eddie did, whilst extremely impressive, is not important in any way. Why should anyone not interested in strength sports (i.e. the vast majority of people) find it interesting or significant?
CAJIcon...12-07-2016 @ 16:57 
I recommend the track - Slut Machine
Member 6043, 955 posts
SQ 350, BP 195, DL 350
895.0 kgs @ 150kgs UnEq
Simeon said:
Well lets face it what Eddie did, whilst extremely impressive, is not important in any way. Why should anyone not interested in strength sports (i.e. the vast majority of people) find it interesting or significant?

I'm not suggesting they should, I don't find football interesting in the slightest but that doesn't mean I'm gonna run my mouth about how much of a pointless overpaid wa**er ronaldo is next time he's on the news for some achievement I couldn't care less about.
rich_86Icon...12-07-2016 @ 16:59 
Member 1255, 806 posts
SQ 220, BP 135, DL 260
615.0 kgs @ 85kgs UnEq
Simeon said:

They find it interesting enough to make thoughtless, degrading comments about it, which is just irritating for people like us who can relate to and appreciate what he's done.
Miky111Icon...12-07-2016 @ 20:12 
Member 5729, 138 posts
SQ 350, BP 240, DL 360
950.0 kgs @ 150kgs UnEq
Simeon said:
Well lets face it what Eddie did, whilst extremely impressive, is not important in any way.

You can make such comments about literally anything.
Why should I run?
Why should I work? Why get out of the bed?
You only have to die really...

If someone finds pleasure in something and it's worth to him, then let him do his thing. As long as he's not hurting anyone else in the process
PikefingersIcon...12-07-2016 @ 20:22 
Squatting isn't doing my back any good.
Member 5108, 869 posts
SQ 170, BP 125, DL 210
505.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
Miky111 said:
Why should I run?
If someone finds pleasure in something and it's worth to him, then let him do his thing. As long as he's not hurting anyone else in the process

I think there is an argument to suggest that what Eddie did was significantly more important that what what see in most popular sporting or entertainment events. What Eddie did genuiniely pushed the boundaries of what we thought was possible for the human body. Up until a few days ago even the majority of this forum, which is frequented mostly by strength enthusiasts, thought that what he did was just not possible.
SimeonIcon...12-07-2016 @ 20:48 
tight in the hole
Member 2057, 3121 posts
SQ 205, BP 140, DL 260
605.0 kgs @ 95kgs UnEq
Miky111 said:
Why should I run?

Yea what I was trying to say is there's no point in getting one knickers in a twist over people not being interested in it, or even making ill informed comments about it.

12345678910 ... ... 6061626364656667686970

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions