REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 190 guests

Tyson Fury is back, but will it be a great comeback ?

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

AdamTIcon...11-06-2018 @ 21:26 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5206 posts
First fight back. He will vastly improve
PikefingersIcon...11-06-2018 @ 21:51 
Squatting isn't doing my back any good.
Member 5108, 869 posts
SQ 170, BP 125, DL 210
505.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
He will vastly improve, but I reckon that performance/ choice of opponent has done his as much harm as good. He’s not got the likes of David Price calling him out because he suddenly fancies the job. He will have given his future opponents confidence by letting them see him like that.
93hopkinsonrIcon...13-06-2018 @ 15:36 
Mr.Potato deadlift
Member 2675, 4628 posts
SQ 300, BP 200, DL 300
800.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
I didn’t think he looked great but I know he will improve. I still don’t fancy his chances against Joshua.

I don’t think Fury takes it seriously enough. Yeah he was only fighting Seferi but his big two rivals never take their foot off the gas. If he was scheduled to fight one of those two next he would obviously take it seriously but I don’t think it would give him enough time as they never let themselves get out of shape. He’s next fighting August 18th so hopefully it’s a step up in opponent and performance.

Only time will tell but I wouldn’t be surprised if Joshua and Fury never fought.
slimsimIcon...13-06-2018 @ 16:30 
My asshole is not watertight.
Member 2926, 6050 posts
SQ 217.5, BP 107.5, DL 225
550.0 kgs @ 86kgs UnEq
93hopkinsonr said:I didn’t think he looked great but I know he will improve. I still don’t fancy his chances against Joshua.

I don’t think Fury takes it seriously enough. Yeah he was only fighting Seferi but his big two rivals never take their foot off the gas. If he was scheduled to fight one of those two next he would obviously take it seriously but I don’t think it would give him enough time as they never let themselves get out of shape. He’s next fighting August 18th so hopefully it’s a step up in opponent and performance.

Only time will tell but I wouldn’t be surprised if Joshua and Fury never fought.

Whilst this is true, do you think that anyone fighting so below their standard would be able to train 100% with focus? If I fought a 12yr old then I doubt I'd kill myself preparing for it. Also, not having time to prepare for fights due to being out of shape between them isn't such a big issue is it? I mean, it never seemed to do Ricky Hatton much harm...........until Mayweather, but he'd have gotten spanked by TMT anyway, unfortunately,
93hopkinsonrIcon...13-06-2018 @ 18:15 
Mr.Potato deadlift
Member 2675, 4628 posts
SQ 300, BP 200, DL 300
800.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
slimsim said:
Whilst this is true, do you think that anyone fighting so below their standard would be able to train 100% with focus? If I fought a 12yr old then I doubt I'd kill myself preparing for it. Also, not having time to prepare for fights due to being out of shape between them isn't such a big issue is it? I mean, it never seemed to do Ricky Hatton much harm...........until Mayweather, but he'd have gotten spanked by TMT anyway, unfortunately,

Yeah good point, makes sense. I just can’t see someone getting so out of shape, coming back and beating the guys who’ve been constantly getting better and working hard. Maybe I’m wrong.

He was staying at a hotel near me for a couple of months before this fight. He was in McDonald’s about 2 or 3 days before the fight haha
slow_lift_joeIcon...13-06-2018 @ 19:22 
Interesting
Member 6186, 245 posts
Professional boxing is high level.

You can use cliché like hard work can beat talent when talent does not work.
Fury is talented, but Joshua and Wilder are professional and focused.

I cannot see Joshua or Wilder taking Fury for granted, so Mr Fury needs to up his game on all levels and get serious, he just does seem to have that focus. Maybe after your first million you lose the drive and the hunger, I do not know..
hunger and drive sometimes get diluted after you make money for life.
Sport can do that with big money.

For me he needs to get more serious and focus and show what he can really do in the ring, his boxing legacy is at stake.
Fakeinjury17Icon...17-06-2018 @ 14:47 
Member 6229, 67 posts
SQ 140, BP 150, DL 260
550.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
Warren won't rush him (presuming he stays with Warren). I wish he'd stayed with Peter Fury rather than Ben Davison. Davison isn't going to be able to challenge Fury like Peter did and in the one fight Davison worked with Saunders for, Saunders looked awful.

Be good to see Fury against a legitimate HW next time and a stone lighter. He's only young still though and has time. I think he's worse to watch but a damn sight more talented than both Wilder and Joshua.

Wish he wasn't on BT Sport though.

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions