REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 2 members and 133 guests
You are here: HomeForumpowerhungry → View All Posts

View All Posts: powerhungry

» Rob Palmer 857.5kg @ 82.5kgs GBPF South Mids (Go to post)05-12-2010 @ 19:23 
Iam glad i was present today ,to see this historic performance!
Congratulations rob!Happy
» I Know It's Only Bench... (Go to post)28-03-2010 @ 21:38 
It was in my old loose shirt, been working on a new one, will be looking for the magic 200kHappy
brynevans said:Good lift though I'm surprised nobody has given the shirt any credit for the lift yetTongue
» I Know It's Only Bench... (Go to post)27-03-2010 @ 22:50 
Cheers martin, im trying to catch up with u m8, your on fire lately!
Martin1956 said:...but Cliff Haynes (Powerhungry) benched 181 today to beat Steve Walker's British M2 Bench record in the 75s. Well done mate, you've been after that for a while. Happy
» I Know It's Only Bench... (Go to post)27-03-2010 @ 22:20 
Yes it was at eddie pengellys old gym in bethnal green , it was extra special for me ,because ed was watching me ? His portrait was looking right at me as i layed on the bench. Eddie was a legend and a close friend, last time i visited the gym was in 1986
Martin1956 said:...but Cliff Haynes (Powerhungry) benched 181 today to beat Steve Walker's British M2 Bench record in the 75s. Well done mate, you've been after that for a while. Happy
» GBPF Northwest Counties Bench Press Championships (Go to post)06-10-2009 @ 23:02 
Yes ill be helping him prep.
Martin1956 said:I understand Pinda Singh will be opening at 270 on Sunday. If successful, a 10K improvement on the British record! Should be good to watch! You don't often see someone bench pressing more than Cleggie can btn press.Eek
» nw bench (Go to post)06-10-2009 @ 22:56 
Im sure me and pinda will have cracking day at the nw bench.Look forward to meeting everyone.
moz said:
no way! Pinda Singh is a cracking lifter and nice chap. Hes very welcome at our divisional! Whats his current record? hes in the 110kg class isnt he?
Btw powerhungry theres already a NW bench thread Wink

Happy
» nw bench (Go to post)05-10-2009 @ 13:30 
Pinda singh is going to lift, as a guest, and told me he is going to have a go at breaking his british equipped record!!Happy
» The Road To a 500K Total @ 75K UE (Go to post)22-06-2009 @ 23:33 
Post Edited: 22.06.2009 @ 23:33 PM by powerhungry
Welcome paul,
Keep training hard and eating well.
Ive found that you can go at least 2kg overweight and then refine down , without loseing strength.

"what dosen`t break us, makes us stronger!!"
Good luck. Happy
paul_richards said:
cheers guys Happy , some of you may know me from MT under a different guise.
» high squats and low squats in strongman (Go to post)11-06-2009 @ 17:33 
High squats with heavy weights are called sissy or half squats , they are a totaly different excercise.

High squats and walkouts work the quads and can be usefull ,but much more benefit comes from full squats done properly.
Most of the people i watch squat in the gym( i work as an instructor)need to take some weight of the bar and start to learn the proper technique, to be able to squat deep and heavy.
Theres no quick path to be an elite squatter.

Full squats work the glutes ,hams and quads completely and only untill you do them properly will you reap the incredible benefits they can give..Happy squatting folks..Happy
» Increasing your squat (Go to post)09-06-2009 @ 20:05 
you nailed it porkpie
b15ape1 said:
PorkPie said:
I would not advocate Smolov or any other fancy routine. I'm of the old school, I'm afraid.

The squat is made up of strong back, quads and hammys - depending on your structure one of these muscle groups will predominate the other two - but all three need to be strong.

You have to give all three areas a good thrashing once a week, with nothing more complicated than heavy weight training. Do heavy fives for a bit, then some heavy threes and doubles for a few weeks and then go back to the fives - cycle your training in this way.

My squats are done with assistance work around hamsrings via straight leg deadlifts and hamstring machine, a variety of deadlifts and lots of squatting. Its really very easy. Box squatting is all the rage and I have tried it and found it okay, try that as well.

Don't overcomplicate things, train hard and consistently, rest and eat well.

PorkPie has nailed it there in all fairness...for technique tho ive found that s**tting in a bucket and keeping in the squat position hanging over the bucket until all s**tting has stopped will improve all round suppleness and form.I s**t you not this formula is tried and tested

Grin

Happy
» All guys with good Deadlift: Race to 3.5x BW (Go to post)09-06-2009 @ 20:03 
I tend to train differently for off season than for comp.
#I like 4 days between heavy squats and deadlifts and try to bench in the in between bit, this tends to suit my recovery.I prefer to add higher reps on the bench ,going up to 8, but still cycle down to singles before comp.
Out of season i pyrimid up to a final workset, and almost go flat out on the final set.
Near comp i try to do 3 worksets.
I like to throw in at least 3 assistance exercises with a main lift, doing about 3 sets of 8reps.
If i go for 5, 3`s and 2`s on the main lift, i need a deload week now and then to avoid overtraining or sore joints.
turbokid said:
powerhungry said:
I said:
My goal is 600k raw and 700k equipped..Its going to be a lot of commitment ,but i love this great sport of ours..
turbokid said:
powerhungry said:
Ive pulled 260k with straps at 73k bw,
Hopeing to pull 272.5 k this week at 74k bw. Which would break the 3.5 x bw by 10k..chConfused

wow your totals mind blowing nearly 700kg eq at 74kg what can u do raw mate impressive Happy and this new lift will it be a suited lift????

there the same goals that i have power hungry just that your bout 3 months off achiveing yours Happy impressive do u just train ye main lift and do u do assistance work and whats ye rep renge mate just would like to know so i just mainly gain strength and not useless musclemass
» all guys with shit deadlift: RACE TO 250KG (Go to post)09-06-2009 @ 19:43 
Sorry in wrong thread , good luck
Paul_D said:
Powerhungry: You've got a good deadlift then. Get the hell outta this thread! Grin

Can I enter as a "long termer" Joni?

Best All Time: 220kg Current: 220kg Difference: 30kg

Hopefully I can get this by 2017....

Paul
» Increasing your squat (Go to post)08-06-2009 @ 22:21 
I said:
Everybody has different body types ,with different bio mechanics.
We all recover at different rates, depending on many factors.
So basically listen ,and watch others at the top of there game who have a similar body type.

when u find the best way ,that suits your body type stick with it.
Keep flexible by practicing light squats a couple of times a week, this way u keep improving your technique.
I find i have to stretch the muscles used to keep supple, to stay in the groove.

Never squat heavy when suffering doms, this is when we risk injury..ch..
"HAPPY SQUATTING EVERYONE" CH
PhilKlidaras said:
hell,

what PP said worked for guys like Coan, Furnas and Karwoski......and a host of others, so thats good enough for me and should be for most folks

Happy Happy
» Increasing your squat (Go to post)08-06-2009 @ 10:58 
Post Edited: 08.06.2009 @ 22:23 PM by powerhungry
Squat
» The Race to 600lbs (Go to post)08-06-2009 @ 10:32 
Attempted the "magic" 600lb (272.5kg) deadlift at 74kg bw on thursday , but didnt quite make it this time, but got a 265k pb..
Will keep training hard and get it next time.ch..

"WHAT DOSEN`T BREAK US , MAKES US STRONGER" CH...
I said:
Im going for the 600bs deadlift this week weighing under 75kg...chHappy

Tongue

You are here: HomeForumpowerhungry → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions