REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 10 members and 85 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.
You are here: HomeForumFunky_monkey → View All Posts

View All Posts: Funky_monkey

12345678910 ... ... 272273274275276277278279280281282

» Funky Monkey's big smelly log..... (Go to post)16-01-2018 @ 09:41 
Train-wreck of a session yesterday. Asshat who takes 3 hours to do a basic workout was sat on the bench looking at his phone. He told me he's been training with weights for 10 years whilst using 10kg dumbbells (one set per 15 minutes). So I look at his weights with a forlorn look of disdain, and ended up pacing up and down whilst twitching and itching from a pre-workout.

Bench.
Bar x 3
50kg x 3
70kg x 3
90kg x 3
110kg x 3
115kg or 120kg x 3
115kg x 120kg x 3

Palms facing dumbbell bench, but on a step thingy as asshat was STILL on the f**king bench
20s x 8
25s x 8
30s x 8
35s x 10.

Looking at buying 40kg dumbbells, or olympic dumbbell handles.

2 sets of overhead tricep extensions.

Woman called me over to attach a handle that she was pretty much stepping on, complains that I don't give her enough attention then told her there's over 100 members, and I can't 1-2-1 all of them. I may go full retard on her and give her a 1 hour leg session so she can't walk for the rest of the week.
» The best space sci-fi film to date ? (Go to post)16-01-2018 @ 09:34 
I watched Interstellar. It was out of this world!
» Our home from afar (Go to post)15-01-2018 @ 21:21 
Wayne_Cowdrey said:I wonder if advanced aliens have solved some of these mysteries.

I wonder what percentage have killed themselves. "The reason why intelligent life hasn't made contact with us is because by the time they're able to make extra-terrestrial contact, they've destroyed themselves." Can't remember where I read rhst quote.
» Our home from afar (Go to post)15-01-2018 @ 20:34 
Wayne_Cowdrey said:
Funky_monkey said:
What are your thoughts on antimatter?

I've only been aware of it in science fiction. Any evidence of it actually existing?

80% or something of the universe is made up of dark matter, which not even Google knows what it's all about. Hawking believed the Higg's Boson, A.K.A the God particle, didn't exist. Even he was wrong about that.
» Our home from afar (Go to post)15-01-2018 @ 18:48 
Wayne_Cowdrey said:I've previously wondered if matter is disappearing from one universe and entering ours.

What are your thoughts on antimatter?
» Our home from afar (Go to post)15-01-2018 @ 17:46 
Post Edited: 15.01.2018 @ 18:48 PM by Funky_monkey
Wayne_Cowdrey said:Because more space is being created as we speak. There's a constantly moving 'edge' of the universe.

If it's constantly moving, it therefore CANNOT be finite. It's always expanding into something, until the rate of expansion is overcome by the cumulative force of gravity from surrounding matter.
» Our home from afar (Go to post)15-01-2018 @ 17:45 
Brainfart - what if our universe goes into another universe? Could we not be expanding into other universes, and other universes into ours? Space-time isn't 3 dimensional, and fk the fourth dimension.

Isn't it theoretically possible that wormholes are sucking in all the matter and farting it out into another universe?

This could explain WHERE we're expanding into.
» Our home from afar (Go to post)15-01-2018 @ 17:39 
Wayne_Cowdrey said:If matter and space are expanding out from the point where it all started, that says to me that it's finite, but growing.

How so? Why must it be finite?
» Funky Monkey's big smelly log..... (Go to post)15-01-2018 @ 11:12 
dannyboy73 said:Really nice squat and impressive shoulder flexibility I'm jelous!

Cheers, Dannyboy! How's Magnus? Want pics too.
» Funky Monkey's big smelly log..... (Go to post)15-01-2018 @ 11:12 
dannyboy73 said:Really nice squat and impressive shoulder flexibility I'm jelous!

Cheers, Dannyboy! How's Magnus? Want pics too.
» Our home from afar (Go to post)15-01-2018 @ 11:08 
Wayne_Cowdrey said:Is matter travelling outwards into empty space (that was there already?), or is space itself expanding?

Come on Sugden, I want a 10+ page debate on this, culminating in a train station brawl.

Thanks for the contributions so far Happy

I would presume the latter; I don't see how space that is already there can exist before a singularity expanded into said space. I would say that space itself is expanding.

The rate at which the universe is expanding is slowing down, as one would expect. Eventually, the constant that is gravity would overcome the energy required for expansion, and we would arrive at "the big crunch", where everything is once again a singularity.

Gravity will always be there, and as the gravity of an object is directly proportionate to its mass, eventually everything will amalgamate anyway, purely given enough time. This might be in 20 billion years. Time will never end.

What's to say there can't be another big bang, or there hasn't been one before?
» Our home from afar (Go to post)15-01-2018 @ 11:03 
Wayne_Cowdrey said:How does Stephen Hawking sign books?

With another person placing his thumb on an inkpad, then pressing it on the book. Try forging a thumprint!
» Funky Monkey's big smelly log..... (Go to post)15-01-2018 @ 10:50 
Deads

Sumo
60kg x 3
100kg x 3
130kg x 3
160kg x 3
180kg x 1
195kg x 3 belted, then grip went.

SLDL
140kg x 10, grip going big time.
140kg x 10, same as above.

Barbell rows on incline bench
80kg x 8
80kg x 8

Rope pullups, few pulldowns, seated rows.
Tried to do hammer curls but bicep wasn't happy.
» Our home from afar (Go to post)15-01-2018 @ 09:28 
Wayne_Cowdrey said:Question for Sugdeners - do you think space goes on forever, or do you think the universe is an enclosed system?

The universe is still expanding, as proven by light frequency of extra-stellar stars red-shifting. This basically means that they're getting further away. The universe is indeed expanding, but into WHAT it's shifting is something we're as close to understanding as what women want for dinner, or what's wrong when they say "nothing".

Also, I found out I've got a first edition copy of Black Holes and Baby Universes by Stephen Hawking, complete with dust jacket! If I were still in the UK, I'd go to have my book personally signed, but waiting for an e-mail back to confirm if my book will be signed. I know he does postcards.
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)12-01-2018 @ 22:35 
Mr Pete,

Have you considered using lifting straps to hold the bar whilst squatting in order to allow your shoulders to recover?

12345678910 ... ... 272273274275276277278279280281282

You are here: HomeForumFunky_monkey → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2018 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto