REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 165 guests
You are here: HomeForumN987 → View All Posts

View All Posts: N987

» which plates? and anyone want a tyre? (Go to post)14-05-2012 @ 21:47 
The tyre is actually 400kg, not 550kg. I made a mistake
» which plates? and anyone want a tyre? (Go to post)14-05-2012 @ 20:56 
plonker said:could want the tyre.. 550.. sounds big.. tough to flip?? where in cambridgeshire?

well i cant budge it hence getting rid of it. when i did use it i used to drop it onto a couple of tyres so i wasnt picking it from the ground.
i live near st ives.
» which plates? and anyone want a tyre? (Go to post)14-05-2012 @ 19:41 
General_ill said:
In that case. If your deadlifting onto rubber matts and not dumping them from the top the try grip ones should be fine.
Edit : what about eBay

thanks. ill have another scout through ebay before ordering but that price was pretty good last time i checked.

does anyone know if the 20kg tri-grip plate is standard size, i think 45cm is standard, is that right?
» which plates? and anyone want a tyre? (Go to post)14-05-2012 @ 19:34 
General_ill said:
Have you spoken to Buzz about a bulk order ?
Might be worth a try. He might just shout abuse at you though, he is Scottish

I did yea, its too small of an order for a bulk discount.
» which plates? and anyone want a tyre? (Go to post)14-05-2012 @ 19:33 
Rico said:I have bodypower plates and if i remember correctly, a 20kg plate isn't as wide (diameter) as say an eleio plate. The 25kg plates are though.

cheers, that was a concern of mine.
» which plates? and anyone want a tyre? (Go to post)14-05-2012 @ 19:11 
im ordering just under 300kg worth and works out bout £20 in it. if i could afford strengthshop ones i would go with them but these are alot cheaper. I'm wanting to go with the fitness superstore ones but am worried the design wouldnt be up to deadlifting with.
» which plates? and anyone want a tyre? (Go to post)14-05-2012 @ 18:52 
Post Edited: 14.05.2012 @ 21:46 PM by N987
http://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk/olympic_weight_plates/body...

or

http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/bodymax-olympic-cast-iron-...

They'll be used for squat/dead/bench.

I also have a 550kg tyre free to anyone who wants to collect it from cambridgeshire area. Pm me if interested.

thanks

Edit- the tyre is actually 400kg, not 550kg
» bar advice (Go to post)03-05-2012 @ 13:23 
thanks for all the replies, texas bar sounds like the best option. how about benches then, what everyone got? and has anyone used these tri grip designed plates? are they as strong as a traditional plate?
» bar advice (Go to post)02-05-2012 @ 13:16 
how about benches and plates, im looking at the adjustable bench from gymratz at £340 and the tri grip plates from fitness superstore.
any advice on another bench to consider or plates, fitness superstore has 20kg plates for £25, i couldnt find any cheaper but am concerned with the design and whether they would break when deadlifting.
» bar advice (Go to post)02-05-2012 @ 10:56 
hi, im after some opinions..
setting up a home gym and need a bar on a budget. i was after the texas power bar but it eats up alot of my cash, can anyone advise on a cheaper alternative. it will mainly be used for squat dead and bench but occasionally for some cleans.
» chocolate milk does it again... (Go to post)04-03-2011 @ 11:31 
Vanilla shake with nutmeg, cinneman and Ginger added.
» LCL pain (Go to post)16-01-2011 @ 18:48 
No just when wrapped.
» LCL pain (Go to post)16-01-2011 @ 18:44 
lateral collateral ligament. I'm know expert, I had to google for a while to find out.
It's the ligament that runs down the outside of the knee........ I hope/think..
» LCL pain (Go to post)16-01-2011 @ 18:01 
After my 2 previous squat sessions my LCL has been sore. I have a feeling it's from the knee wraps and it feels like the ligament has been crushed, but there is no pain when wrapping or when squatting, just after.

Has anyone else had this and how did you solve it? Is it normal?

I use a standard spiral technique to wrap with 2m wraps. There is no pain anywhere else in the knee.
» Starting strength (Go to post)13-01-2011 @ 14:20 
Thanks for the replies. As far as my training goes Im not a novice, been training for years and have a good idea what works for me.
I'm not looking to lift in equipment, just wanted to learn a bit about it beyond common sense stuff like a shirt provides rebound.

You are here: HomeForumN987 → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions