REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 181 guests
You are here: HomeForumsexecute → View All Posts

View All Posts: sexecute

» concept 2 rowing times (Go to post)21-12-2011 @ 16:12 
I just became aware of this thread. Most of the guys on this board would be best suited to 100m rather than 500m. My apologies if somebody has mentioned this already but the British Record for 500m is down at 1.13. The World Record is 1.10 ! However, the WR is shrouded in some mystery because there is no video footage and it was done on a much older machine. Many speculate that it was faster than the modern versions. Pudzianowski did a 1.18 in a competition in Poland. It's on youtube. Apparently Svend Karlsen posted a 1.17 at some point in his life. I recently asked Brian Shaw had he tried it (at Bodypower last May) and he replied he didn't fit on the machine and instead used a skierg. He and Terry would probably produce better times due to their height than the Loz's and Marius' of this world. Height is very important in Concept 2.

In the 100m the British Record is 13.7, although this was done on race software and the best time by the same guy is apparently 13.2 without the software. This is the standard for the big boys to chase.

Also, in indoor rowing world there are two weight categories. Under 75kg (lightweight) and all others (heavyweight). For the record I'm 73kg with times of 16.1 and 1.30.4 for the 100m and 500m. Please add me to the times list. My mate (not a strongman and not on this forum), is 6ft 4 and about 105kg. He has times of 14.2 and 1.23 respectively. We are both ex track sprinters. He is not that strong for his weight, I'm not bad for mine. It's funny how strength does or does not apply to the concept 2. I would expect strong guys to do well in the 100m.

We are not rowers and have no background in it (other than in the last 12 months). However, we will be taking part this year in the English champs over 500m (Manchester in February). It is broken down in weight and age categories. We will also be taking part in the unofficial British Sprint Champs in Basingstoke next year. Anyone care to join us ?

p.s. If anyone hears of any strongmen events for u75kg let me know !
You are here: HomeForumsexecute → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions