REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 130 guests
You are here: HomeForumBig_Nel → View All Posts

View All Posts: Big_Nel

» JUnction Gym Summer Sizzler (July) (Go to post)16-03-2012 @ 20:51 
Gra_Bul said:
Not what you said about him in that email to Neil Wink

HAHAHAHAHA

Lee I said you could still do it so whats the issue after all i will kick your ass!Grin
» EUROPEAN STRONGEST MAN 2012 GIANTS LIVE (Go to post)28-12-2011 @ 20:13 
Gra_Bul said:Just to put things straight and it will be the last thing I say on the matter.

This competition is from the hard work of Darren Sadler, I was asked a couple of days before xmas to be organiser of the competition, and we have the ideal location at the Junction gym, however this could have easily been held at Salt Ayre or any other suitable location so the location is irrelevant, Im sorry its upset people but as a promoter I have to keep a profesional attitude and after all this is not my baby im a small cog in a big machine on this one, I may be the face of the comp but the decisions still have to be made as fairly as possible, im sure if I had picked every competitior in the competition or put it to comittee we would have ended up with the same list of athletes and the same arguments.
During initial disussions I was informed of certain criteria that I as an organiser had to adhere to, this was that this was a show to find Englands strongest athelte to go to the final, based solely on performance over the past 12 months,and the show had to be a classice test of strength.

This is not a show to find the ''next big thing'' its a wonderful oppurtunity for lads with a proven track record, decided by placings in 2011, to step up to a new level as a competitor in Europe then the World, there is a great number of shows, like uk's, ESM, and other big recognised regional shows for other very strong lads to highlight their capabilities, and prove thier place as one of the strongest men in the country, this will then lead onto shows such as this one and the WSM quals.

I have tried to approach this with a professional attitude and use the only means possible to decide places and that is the competition results from last year there are a number of other lads that would be easily in this comp if injuries had not hit them in 2011, such as Dean Slater, however this is not the case, this is a new show and has to be started on solid foundations and use a reasonable selection process in order to ensure a quality competition, I have no doubt that some other lads would push certain lads in this comp for placings, but all I can say is do the business in 2012 and you will be highlihgted as a contender and will have earned a place at this qualifier next year.

Please dont let this competition distract or dis hearten people from the their main goals this year i.e winning/placing at uk's and ESM, this is a qualifier to earn a place at Europes strongest man to go up against the likes of BIG Z, Terry and Loz, lets not lose sight of the fact that this a world class event and should be treat as so, it needs to be seen as a carrer high for someone to make the final not make the numbers up in the qualifier just for the sake of competing, the uk's and ESM are quality comps and highlights uk talent, and is a huge stepping stone to bigger things such as this.

I hope this clears up my position, this competition has nothing to do with friends or who knows who either, its simply a great new event and has to start on the right foot and build momentum from there, its fantastic that in these sad times of recession that people are creating new oppurtunities for us all and new platforms for athletes to showcase their talents, this is not a one hit wonder event, there will be establised set routes to gain entry to this and that is simple become or be placed as one of the strongest men in the country through the existing routes and you will have the oppurtunity to qualify for Europes through this comp next year simple, obviously if you are of outstnding strength and talent and siply miss out by 1 point then you will also be considered.

Lets not take anything away from the lads that have been selected, it wasnt names out of a hat, these are extremely strong profesional and well rounded athletes of the highest standard, with proven track records, lets get back on track on give this competition and the athletes the respect and support that it needs.

Thanks for reading.

Graham

Jesus christ! How long has this tread gone on for!

To clear up I (Neil Junction Owner) did mention to Gra about putting Steve in has a wild card as i think (from seeing him in gym) he is strong enough to be competitive at the comp but didnt realise that it was based on 2011 result which is completely fair!

The thread went on far too long! lets just enjoy the event as all the competitors deserve their place!

I wlll put my name out there and say Steve will do well next year and thats why I will be sponsoring him along with a few others from gym!

Regards (and Happy New Year)
Neil
» EUROPEAN STRONGEST MAN 2012 GIANTS LIVE (Go to post)28-12-2011 @ 14:11 
Gra_Bul said:Peer pressure is a mother f**ker ; ) all is to be decided by all involved but your words aren't falling on deaf ears and most of the names mentioned have already or are all ready being discussed

We should have a wild card from the gym nudge nudge wink wink!
» Champions of The Future 2. (Go to post)22-11-2011 @ 10:25 
Is there a 1st, 2nd and 3rd in each category then?
» The Junction Gym Winter Warmer nov 13th (Go to post)13-11-2011 @ 19:23 
spam_up said:did anybody press that stone?

Nobody attempted it pal!
» The Junction Gym Winter Warmer nov 13th (Go to post)13-11-2011 @ 18:52 
Just to confirm Lee did come 7th over Pagan on count back! Scorer will be geting a slap!!!

Neil
Junction GymGrin
» Champions of The Future 2. (Go to post)01-11-2011 @ 15:09 
DomRedshaw said:im happy for the carrying event to remain anonymous if everybody else agrees???
gives it abit of a surprise element then, n nobody can practice so playing field is fair as can be.

got another question. on the log/barrel OH do you have to press them in order, ie barrel then log. or can u press them like log, barrel (1st rep) then barrel, log (2nd rep) n so on.

Dom from when I watched Dragons it was alternate so log, barrell, log barrell probs same!
» Champions of The Future 2. (Go to post)30-10-2011 @ 20:42 
RSP said:Are there still spaces for u90kg? Very interested in doing it and will send my cheque tomorrow. Events look good!

Andrew Dodd will be going into U105s so will free up one space in u90's!
» Champions of The Future 2. (Go to post)28-10-2011 @ 16:42 
Terminator said:
are you competing in the u105's??

Yes mate! Subject to losing 7kg!
» Champions of The Future 2. (Go to post)28-10-2011 @ 15:06 
granty said:
Yeah i guess my numbers are above the standards you would expect of a first timer, and by then hopefully they will be higher. So on reflection it will probably be best to try a different comp Happy

Thank god for that, you would have put me even lower on pecking order!!!

Bring on my Mankini!Grin
» Champions of The Future 2. (Go to post)27-10-2011 @ 16:54 
granty said:This comp sounds awesome, i will get a cheque together and put it in the post along with my details etc.. No idea if i will be 105 or 90 kg yet, but will decide later Happy

SQ BP DL Tot BW Date
250 202.5 292.5 745.0 102 21.06.2011

Yeah sorry Granty but by the looks of your strengths above not really a first timer! Maybe try WSM haha!!!!
Grin
» Champions of The Future 2. (Go to post)20-10-2011 @ 14:08 
MarkClegg said:Athletes PAID

Under 90kg

fctilidie - Paul Daubney
Dominic Redshaw
Usama Amir
Jack Revans

Under 105kg

Terminator - Jamie Spedding
Simon Stocker
Richard Gillison
Andrew Holden
Chris Astle

Open

MkSHREK - Mike Edwards

Money sent yesterday five 5 of us from The Junction Gym looking forward to proping the comp up from bottom Grin
» The Junction Gym Winter Warmer nov 13th (Go to post)30-08-2011 @ 18:12 
ursus said:Ill be down for the challenges mate , do you need to pay to have a go ?

£2 with a prize of 10 entry credits for gym (prize subject to change)!
» The Junction Gym Winter Warmer nov 13th (Go to post)30-08-2011 @ 18:02 
Please make Cheques payable to The Junction Gym Ltd!
» Winter Novice Competition (Go to post)29-08-2011 @ 15:23 
Graham (Gra_Bul)Bulmer would be picking all weights and events as I want to enter!!!

You are here: HomeForumBig_Nel → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions