REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 92 guests
You are here: HomeForumSkip → View All Posts

View All Posts: Skip

12345678910 ... ... 4546474849505152535455

» Flash A-ah (Go to post)28-03-2014 @ 23:09 
Ha, sorry mate! Im good thanks! I would love to come up to base for a few days of lifting, il have to arrange something with you and Hamster! If not then I'm hoping to compete at Midlands so will see you then i presume! Yeah a proper ball ache at the time to hold back but 100% worth it in the long run which is what its all about!
Training is good thanks, tough for a few months while i was starting work but finally back on track, have the Southern quals next sunday so fingers crossed for that! No outrageous highlights and my overhead is still appalling but slightly less appalling than this time last year! ha. Keep it up bro!

Flash said:
Skipton, welcome back to the journal and my life. How are you sir? When you coming up to train?
Yes, it is pleasing for me, with, as you say, all the setbacks I have had. But I think taking the time to rest and get them better has benefitted me in the long run. Don't get me wrong, it was aweful at the time, but now I'm glad I did it.
Hows training and life brother?
» England's Strongest man Southern qualifier under 105 (Go to post)27-03-2014 @ 14:40 
Its tomorrow Wink (need to confirm work for the weekend!)
Marc3824 said:Sunday weigh if you guys want you can also,weigh in on the saturday I post a time tomorrow
» Flash A-ah (Go to post)24-03-2014 @ 11:12 
Good work on Midlands comp bud! lovely to see after injures over the last few years coming back nice and strong!
» England's Strongest man Southern qualifier under 105 (Go to post)01-02-2014 @ 16:36 
Post Edited: 01.02.2014 @ 16:42 PM by Skip
Hi,

Count me in for this comp please as living down south this year.

Cheers,
Luke Skippon

Also (don't know how the southerns comp do it) is there going to be a 24hr weigh in? cheers
» Midlands u105 2014 (Go to post)03-01-2014 @ 18:39 
JH said:Hmmm will have to think about this one!!

Cummon John, be a sport Wink isn't your front squat pretty nice? Few months of training......

Will PM JT Happy
» Flash A-ah (Go to post)16-08-2013 @ 21:06 
Also those leggings are horrifically fantastic.
» Flash A-ah (Go to post)16-08-2013 @ 21:05 
Alright mate! Nice to see some squatting and pulling going on. Glad your getting back to it!
» Moving onward to 700+ RAW (Go to post)13-07-2013 @ 15:58 
My Vid from last weekend, not 100% sure of placings on events but roughly; Log - low placing, Farmers - top 1/3, Deadlift - mid table, Conans - 1st, Farmers, 3rd? Stones - top 1/3. Overall 4th and therefore 1st Reserve for UKs in a few weeks!

» England's Strongest Man Final 2013 & JNR's.Qualify to UK's Final in Belfast (Go to post)06-07-2013 @ 15:19 
Log;
Wayne 6
Luke 4
(I think)
» England's Strongest Man Final 2013 & JNR's.Qualify to UK's Final in Belfast (Go to post)27-06-2013 @ 18:06 
Luke Skippon

Presume its turn up and pay on the day?

Cheers
» Englands 105's Strongest Man 2013 (Go to post)16-06-2013 @ 19:05 
Hi guys for a variety of reasons, I'm out of this comp. Hopefully will qualify and compete next year. Good luck to all!
Luke Skippon
» ESM Training.... (Go to post)02-06-2013 @ 20:54 
Anyone know where the following are to go and train with? (around the Midlands area, Leicester/Nottingham)

Fingals finger
Blocks (100kg +)

Cheers
» Moving onward to 700+ RAW (Go to post)18-03-2013 @ 11:41 
ursus said:outragous conans and great work mate well done

Cheers Jay, arms are looking a bit battered today, but worth it!

Ben_F said:Cool vid, comp' looked great, and well done!

Thank mate Happy
» MIDLANDS U/105 COMP 2013 (Go to post)18-03-2013 @ 00:13 
Thanks to JT, Flash, Bish, Jay and Ben for today! Also TWG and others that were involved!
Had a great day and a good result, congrats to top 3 and well done to all competitors, lots of PBs today (Fong!)

My video of the day is on my journal if anyone wants to watch it.

Looking forward to next year already!
» Moving onward to 700+ RAW (Go to post)18-03-2013 @ 00:06 
Post Edited: 18.03.2013 @ 11:40 AM by Skip

Midlands Strongest Man 2013

Weighed in on Saturday 9am at 104kg, time to get my eat on!

On the day woke up in good time to get some meals down me and arrived at the Warehouse around 11am. Competitors briefing done by Bish and some final warm ups and the day got started!

120kg Farmers - 30m head-to-head
Change in plan with the farmers, was meant to be 120kg/140kg, but due to number of competitors this was changed, understand why this was done, but would have rather done the heavier weight. Out second and running again Hamson! He kept up very well which put me under pressure, fast drop and turn and straight back up to the finish line. 18.53 seconds - 4th.

111kg Axle FTOH 75 seconds
One my dreaded events, overheads a weakness but training had gone well and was expecting around 5 reps. Axle felt nice and light in the hands and everything clicked. Took my time between reps so to not waste any effort and produced 6 solid "power jerked" reps and came 4th with a few other people. Very happy with this considering top lads got 7 reps!

220kg Conans
This was one of my stronger events, training had gone very well for this so just had to replicate that on the day, which I did, strong pick up and jus went with it! Ended up doing 4.75 revs and came 1st.

Break here which was welcomed as my hammies were on fire, not ideal for the next event!

Car deadlift + ??kg
Car was meant to be around 80kg, but defiantly wasn't, which I didn't mind as meant I managed more reps! My target was at least 5, so when i got to 8 and had a breather I had no game plan, just squeeze out a few more reps and make sure that I didn't pull any half reps! Finished with 13 reps which I was happy about and came 8th

Loading Medley - Sandbag, Barrel, Chain Link and Battery
Was looking forward to this event, knew I could smash the first three in a quick time but had no idea what was going to happen with the battery, but when it came to it I managed to get it up relatively high on my chest and because I'm tall anyway it was a good enough height to be able to load it. Pretty happy with performance, could have been quicker between the link and the battery but didnt want to rush it. 4 implements in 33.43, coming 4th

Stones 80kg - 140kg
An event that played to my advantage with the very high platforms which, I think its fair to say, caused a lot of people problems. 80kg stone should have been easier but still good enough and same as with the battery, before the 140kg stone took a breather and re tacky'd so not to waste the lift. I was happy with this event. 5 stones in 46.12 seconds, coming 4th!!

Overall, 5th place with 81.5 points. Considerable improvement on last years performance and 0.5 points behind John in 4th place.

Great day and really enjoyed competing, learnt a few things and can now go and address these ready for the next comp! Nicely run by JT, Jay, Ben, Bish and Flash etc and TWG has a nice little set up (even if a bit of a leaky roof!).

Valdas was a great competitor, being strong across the board and very fast at farmers and deserved the win. Daz and Rich also very very strong across the whole comp. Nice to see such a big turn out of competitors too!

12345678910 ... ... 4546474849505152535455

You are here: HomeForumSkip → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions