REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 163 guests
You are here: HomeForumBenvie → View All Posts

View All Posts: Benvie

12345678910 ... ... 260261262263264265266267268269270

» WSM 2016? (Go to post)20-08-2016 @ 15:56 
AdamT said:
Consistency is the key. Thor is a beast. He will win next year, if he stays hungry.

I can see thor giving up strongman to concentrate on acting now. It'll be a shame if he does though as i like him and want to see him get at least one win before he retires.

How long do people think Shaw will keep going? Will he stop at 6 titles to go past mariusz or keep going as long as he can?
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)20-08-2016 @ 15:28 
fatter_tomorrow said:Brian WSM
Thor 2nd
Eddie 3rd

Says on the spreadsheet

Well done to Hall, I didn't think he'd make it after his disaster on the frame and looking so ropey at the end of the press but he pulled it back well.

Can't help but feel a bit sorry for janashia for doing so well right through but missing out in the podium. Must be weird for him as I'm sure if he got offered fourth place at the start of the comp he'd have been over the moon but now has to be disappointed to miss out on the podium.

Those scores also show the difference between the top two and everyone else, they are in a class of their own at the moment.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)20-08-2016 @ 14:10 
Mikeneto said:
Lower platforms and heavier stones. Shaw is far better at heavier stones.

The heaviest is still only 200kg though, if there was a 220 or 230kg stone I think it might favour Shaw but with the top one being 200kg I think thor has the edge. Bit of a moot point though as thor would need two between him and Shaw which I don't see happening.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)20-08-2016 @ 13:59 
Mikeneto said:
He is on for a podium after a disastrous event.

A bit premature saying he's on the podium when there is still an event to go and janashia still leads him by a point. Him exceeding expectations on the kettlebell toss has put him in a much better position though and he has a good chance of making it onto the podium.

The title has to be shaws now. Thor might have caught him if he'd only been a point behind but short of a disaster like poundstone had in 08 Shaw isn't going to let a three point lead slip.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)20-08-2016 @ 12:55 
Ramsay777 said:Has Janashia competed at WSM before? I don't remember seeing him, was watching some videos of him on youtube earlier, he looks massive!

No this is his first time at wsm but he has been on the go for a while and has done a few giants live comps before. I'd seen him compete a few times before and thought he was decent but never expected him to put in a performance like this.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)20-08-2016 @ 12:52 
Wayne_Cowdrey said:
Would you fancy breaking the news to him?!
You would come away from the encounter with an additional anus.

I certainly wouldn't want to be the one breaking the news. I was thinking of Glenn ross actually, I believe he was told he couldn't compete in a comp back in the day as they were so concerned about his health. Dunno how much of that was genuine concern for him and how much was political as it was back In the Dougie Edmunds days and I know they don't get on.

I do think that the organisers would have to be careful not to leave themselves open to getting sued if there is sufficient concern over a competitors health and they still let him compete.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)20-08-2016 @ 10:29 
93hopkinsonr said:
Proving my point. None of these men are 'trying'

I'm not sure I get what point you're trying to make then.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)20-08-2016 @ 10:04 
93hopkinsonr said:
As is Janashia

The fact that he hasn't been outside the top 4 on every event so far would tend to suggest otherwise.

He has been a strongman for years and tends to do well on moving events.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)20-08-2016 @ 09:41 
Post Edited: 20.08.2016 @ 09:44 AM by Benvie
MJG said:For all the talk of Eddie he is still only 6 points off Shaw.

Against Shaw 6 points is an awful lot. It's like others have said, Shaw just doesn't have any real weaknesses. Him and Thor, and to a slightly lesser extent janashia, are showing that consistency is the key at the final.

Hall will be happy that Martins didn't do great on plane pull though as he was looking like he might overtake Hall into fourth at one stage.

Edit

I see the guy above beat me to it.

As an aside I'm quite impressed with Eddies plane pull. I thought he might gas a bit before the end.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)20-08-2016 @ 07:22 
drex50 said:dont advocate Hall

if he doesnt make dramatic change about bodyweight and fitness he will die in a 2-3 years

for what

for nothing

i dont give a fuyck about him, but he has family and kids

i care about them

every kid needs a father

Have to agree with this. It seems like pretty poor show taking such crazy risks with your health by walking around at that weight when you have kids.

I get what people are saying about that documentary that showed he was fairly fit for his size but he looks to have put on a heap more weight since then and seems to he on the verge of passing out after just about every event now.

I wonder where the competition organisers stand on this. Does it get to a stage where they can't allow him to compete due to their duty of care to him. Hopefully it's right enough that he is trying to drop a heap of weight now he's done the 500kg pull.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)19-08-2016 @ 18:05 
FAT_SAM said:If ed wins plane pull and stones can he win still?

I can't see how ed will win the plane pull. Thor and Shaw are both heavier and drastically fitter.

I also think he will haemorrhage points on kettlebell throw.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)19-08-2016 @ 17:18 
Janashia is playing an absolute blinder. I think thor will overtake him for second but he has to be the favourite for third place now as all of the day two events suit him.

Thor must be kicking himself now, he could have really done with another point from deadlift. It will be tough but I certainly wouldn't say it's all over for him. If he wins all 3 events tomorrow that should get him the win on countback assuming Shaw is second on everything.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)19-08-2016 @ 14:32 
Mikeneto said:I assume thor did it in a two part movement(powerclean + press) and Ed did a continental clean and press making it 3 part?

Yup, that's correct.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)19-08-2016 @ 14:10 
There's a video of thor and Hall on the barbell press on Facebook (Tom stoltman just shared it). Thor looked better than Eddie, he ran out of time but Eddie looked totally gassed at the end and was just about passing out again.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)19-08-2016 @ 13:54 
FAT_SAM said:Ffs

Come on eddie win on dl win on truck win on stones!!!!! Not over yet!

At this stage it would be a shock for Eddie to get on the podium let alone win. I don't see him beating thor and Shaw on truck pull either and thor will win the stones.

12345678910 ... ... 260261262263264265266267268269270

You are here: HomeForumBenvie → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions