REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 162 guests
You are here: HomeForumJack5r → View All Posts

View All Posts: Jack5r

» 75kg Strongman Cat : ? (Go to post)20-07-2011 @ 01:06 
I'd be up for 75kg or 80kg.
» Teenage Strongman Comp (Go to post)13-09-2009 @ 12:14 
I'd be up for this. Never done any kind of strongman stuff so this would be great fun. 67.5kg atm.

Do you have a general idea of the date?
» Mini Viking u90kgs Comp @ Olympic Gym (Go to post)16-05-2009 @ 00:59 
Any chance of an under 80kg strongman Grin

Looks fun.

Hopfully be some more of these in a few years once I'm strong enough!

Good luck to those competing.
» Power Snatch help. (Go to post)22-04-2009 @ 12:34 
paj_mccarthy said:
Jack5r said:
I don't remember the name but I'll find out for you. All I can remember is he doesn't get on with Peter May (or his brother, can't remember) lol, ex british lifter.

You're over here too, mate...how's it going?

Can't comment on your form as I have no idea how to snatch - I might have a go tomorrow at the gym actually.

Yeah. Been a member for a while but havn't posted untill now. Try find the number on the internet and phone them to make sure they have an Oly coach around. I think they are there from like 12-4.
» Power Snatch help. (Go to post)21-04-2009 @ 23:55 
I don't remember the name but I'll find out for you. All I can remember is he doesn't get on with Peter May (or his brother, can't remember) lol, ex british lifter.
» Power Snatch help. (Go to post)21-04-2009 @ 22:06 
Cheers Kev.

Well I've only been coached once before and I recon the guy would happily chuck a 20 at my head. He verbaly abused us none stop through out the session haha. My mate who has been coached by him in the past said he was an ex British champ and is a very good coach. He's 60-70 now, 5'2. Will be coached by him again I hope when I go back to the weightlifting place (I'm based at a normaly gym atm).
» Power Snatch help. (Go to post)21-04-2009 @ 19:42 
Post Edited: 21.04.2009 @ 19:59 PM by Jack5r
Ello.

Will be posting here some more as I should get more responses than muscletalk.

Any idea why that is happening mish/little A? Is it because the bar isn't close enough to my body so it's pulling me forward? Also, as my hips push through, should the bar hit against my thighs as it leaves contact with my legs or just leave them with no hitting (it is as if my quads hit into the bar and push it up/forward as I jump. Is this ok?) I can't really clean/snatch without a little hit off my quads (well it doesn't feel right anyway), but this is probably pushing the bar forward. Hmm?
» Power Snatch help. (Go to post)21-04-2009 @ 17:14 
I know there are a few Oly lifters on this forum so any pointers on my power snatches would be helpfull. Cheers.

Also, I seem to move forward a little and do with this power cleans to. Why? Is this ok?
You are here: HomeForumJack5r → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions