REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 213 guests
You are here: HomeForumhifilover → View All Posts

View All Posts: hifilover

12345678910 ... ... 127128129130131132133134135136137

» World's Strongest Man 2017 (Go to post)10-03-2017 @ 14:08 
93hopkinsonr said:I always enjoy it when people try and discredit pudz physical strength but yet say kaz would compete with today's top guys.

Also, regarding shaw; really he has 4 outright wins and a tied 1st and z has 3 and a draw. To continually call z the greatest of all time maybe premature, or at least not going to last. Shaw will win it 6 times. Savickas has won 4 of 12 appearances to shaws 4 of 9.

It's not just WSM though that Z has conquered; he did very well in IFSA and very well in the Arnolds...

As it stands; he has more accolades than any other WSM competitor

But... Shaw is the next generation, as is Thor, Hall and a few others...

Z, has unfortunately hit his prime and is probably on course to retire very soon... Shaws there to take over, fighting all the way with Thor and Eddie IMO
» Slingshot... (Go to post)08-03-2017 @ 13:27 
matthewvc said:
exactly. stability and good line to lockout under load is vital. many raw lifters are powerful off chest but fail quite high up.

Ya see, I'm strong off chest, strong on lockout, it's the middle third I seem to cock up... But currently, I think that's more to do with my shoulder niggle as it has a habit of trying to rotate mid-press... Doesn;t happen when I'm push-pressing OH or doing some jerks out of the rack, but anything strict, it haunts me more or less every heavy rep!

My benching is slow and methodical usually... No bouncing s**te

Double here with 180kg:

Single with 190kg a few weeks after (ignore the s**tty music haha):

» Slingshot... (Go to post)08-03-2017 @ 13:20 
matthewvc said:
it's easy to not lock out the last 3rd of ROM with slanger and use all rebound to push up big numbers for reps.
whilst good for impressing the 'it's all you bro' crowd, it defeats the purpose of overloading the top part.

Every rep is locked out and paused... No mega rep sets, no point as it'll be the slingshot doing most of the work

For me, it's all about overloading and getting used to the heavier weights in hand again
» Slingshot... (Go to post)08-03-2017 @ 13:04 
Post Edited: 08.03.2017 @ 13:19 PM by hifilover
matthewvc said:did 207.5kg paused all time PB last night
then promptly failed 225kg in slanger.
i'm truly awful at equipped lifting Grin
IIRC ed coan had a best raw of 550lbs and shirt 573lbs, so i'm not alone with this problem.

It actually takes me a few sets of benching with the slingshot before I get used to its 'line'

Monday I benched, did 6 triples with 145kg, 3x 2 with 155kg and 3 x 1 with 162.5kg... Slingshot on and did 3s with 170kg, 180kg and 185kg... The last set with 185kg were really the working set, first 2 sets were for me to get used to it, as it does take me into an off line to begin with...

Dropped back to 140kg without the shot and knocked out 11 reps, felt like 1o0kg on the bar initially...

What I don't want to happen is become dependent upon the slingshot, bit of an ego lifter, but while my shoulders are niggling as they are, I'll keep using it, when I see fit... Does that make sense?!
» Slingshot... (Go to post)06-03-2017 @ 11:31 
matthewvc said:
yes but not much. it allows me to practice maintaining stability and tightness holding big weights.
i found the best use was maintaining strength when i tore my pectoral.

Agree with this... Mine doesn't give me a huge 'plus' on top of my max poundages, but it does help me to overload and bench in my correct line, whilst taking pressure off my shoulders, which generally start to niggle when I go for heavy singles or doubles

I rarely use it for reps, max of 3 reps usually... But I don't pound out 8s etc like some folk do. IMO, then, it's doing the work for you
» Ray Williams - 477.5kg Squat (Go to post)05-03-2017 @ 15:53 
DeanW92 said:
Dont know how you could see s**t from that vid, his right leg which would of given the best view is blocked by the guys arm, cant see his hip crease at all

You can see enough on his left leg to see that the depth was borderline...
» 155kg bench (Go to post)05-03-2017 @ 14:50 
BaconWarrior said:Matched PB in yesterdays comp, delighted with it!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRQKyB0hlV8/?taken-by=rugby_lad

Ah... That's you, haha... Thought I recognised some of the lifting/weights mentioned on here Roll-Eyes

Solid press; loads left in the tank Wink
» The 2017 Arnold Sports Festival (Go to post)05-03-2017 @ 10:05 
Andy_f said:What are people's thoughts on Lalas?

He's a very likeable guy and I like to see him do well but this performance looks way off from the year he nearly won wsm. Also 3rd last year at arnolds and winner 2013.

Is he just not the same athlete after all the injuries?

Been left behind in the wake of everyone else since his injury... He's never got back to where he was at, never will do either IMO Unhappy
» Ray Williams - 477.5kg Squat (Go to post)05-03-2017 @ 10:04 
First vid here; different angle: https://www.facebook.com/pg/IronOplot/videos/?ref=page_internal

Is it me or did he only just make the depth, if made at all?

Not taking anything away from Ray; he's a scarily strong dude who's probably gonna break the 500kg squat soon enough... But just looks cut to me... Confused
» The 2017 Arnold Sports Festival (Go to post)03-03-2017 @ 22:31 
Radz out with injured bicep?!
» The 2017 Arnold Sports Festival (Go to post)20-02-2017 @ 12:44 
I don't understand it about Z either

But because he's fairly quiet and stays away from the camera a lot, more so in comparison to Eddie, Shaw, Thor et al, doesn;t mean he has zero personality

Plus... Apart from Pudz, Z HAS been the one to aspire to and beat!

I still stand by that Z is the strongest man to ever walk this earth! He follows in great suit after Kaz, JPS etc... Shaw may be the next; but he still has a fair bit to prove and this Arnolds and WSM could be the ones for him to say he's up there with the elite few already mentioned...

For me, Eddie has a lot to prove yet and needs to stop gaining static titles and actually get up there with Thor and Shaw. There are a few guys now that are snapping at the top 4/5 in the world's heels and they'll soon eclipse them IMO
» Biz z out of Arnold's (Go to post)19-02-2017 @ 14:42 
As per his FB page:

"With sadness I must announce that practicing superyoke got injury and not able to participate in the Arnold Strongman Classic 2017. Superyoke weighing 710kg squeezed my nerves and disconnect my deltoid muscle. Rehabilitation may take about 2 moths. I hope asap to return to competitions. Thank you to all my fans and I`am sorry that this Arnold appear. I wish for all the athletes good performance and prevent injuries. here my last training, warm up with 500kg superyoke"
» Deadlifting in oly shoes (Go to post)18-02-2017 @ 14:17 
I do all training and lifts in my oly shoes... Always have

Never found any difference from deadlifting in socks, flat trainers or oly shoes... Then again, I'm a s**t deadlifter Grin
» Strongman Shoes? (Go to post)18-02-2017 @ 12:35 
I use these and they're spot on: https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Shoes/adidas-Powerlift2-Unisex-Adults-Mu...

I've size 11 feet, bought 11.5 for that bit of a wider fitting, but they've been comfy from the off
» The 2017 Arnold Sports Festival (Go to post)16-02-2017 @ 19:29 
Yup... IMO this comps made for Shaw and Thor

It'll be a decent battle though

But agree, 430lb log is laughable... Always thought of the Arnold Classic to be the real strength test and WSM for the worlds strongest/fittest man...

12345678910 ... ... 127128129130131132133134135136137

You are here: HomeForumhifilover → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions