REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 289 guests
You are here: HomeForumMon → View All Posts

View All Posts: Mon

» Royal Counties Festival presents England's U90kg Final and Novice (Go to post)27-05-2015 @ 15:57 
Cheers Craig
» Strongman Sanctuary Men's Summer Comp 1st August Nr Dartford Kent (Go to post)26-05-2015 @ 21:08 
Yeah me too. Trying to find a novice comp or two for this summer and this looks bang on.

Cheers
» Royal Counties Festival presents England's U90kg Final and Novice (Go to post)26-05-2015 @ 21:05 
Hi Craig,

Whereabouts is this being held mate? Quite fancy the novices.

Cheers

James
» Anyone here Carb Backload? (Go to post)20-03-2014 @ 19:39 
shanejer said:
So you don't carb backload ......

It's carb backloading to me. :-)

Anyway, that sort of carb 'balancing' works well for me and some others. Regardless of definition, it's an option to consider.
» Basingstoke's Strongest Novice (Go to post)19-03-2014 @ 18:31 
Hi Smiffy,

Is there still room in this comp?

Cheers

James
» Anyone here Carb Backload? (Go to post)17-03-2014 @ 19:46 
I see and often use carb backloading in a more simple way:

- Limit carbs in the morning, eating an abundance of protein and fats.
- Introduce carbs later, either around mid-morning or midday on training days (whichever is after training) or just whenever later on if I don't train.
- Eat an abundance of carbs and very few fats later in the day and in the evening.

For me, mixing carbs and fats is more of an issue. Lean burger with cheese, bacon and cheese omelette, steak and eggs - fine. Weetabix, milk and honey, whey and oats, fruit, chicken and oats - fine.

All the tasty stuff - pizza, peanut butter and cheese sarnies, roast potatoes in beef dripping with pulled pork - bad.
» BodyPower Weekend events (Go to post)17-03-2014 @ 18:14 
Is there any space on the first timers or novices for this still?

If not, is there space on the reserve list?

Cheers
» Suffolk Strongest Man novice (Go to post)27-07-2013 @ 07:29 
Thanks mate, ill send it through.
» Novice/First timers comp in London (Go to post)26-07-2013 @ 19:38 
Hi mate, is there any room left on this one?

Thanks

James
» Only the Strong Will Survive Novice Show (Go to post)26-07-2013 @ 19:31 
Hi mate,

Is there any room left in this one? Sounds awesome.

Cheers

James
» Suffolk Strongest Man novice (Go to post)26-07-2013 @ 19:28 
Is this full yet, mate? Sounds local and appropriate for my standard.

Cheers

James
» Deadlift advice (Go to post)17-12-2012 @ 18:55 
I've often come to notice the following:

Those that start fast with a rounded upper back get it off the floor ok but struggle to lock out as they then have to shrug the thing.

Those who keep their shoulder blades retracted from the start have it easy above the knee needing only to stand up but struggle off the floor as they have to dip lower at the core/legs and have less chance for grab and pull speed.

So I can only imagine that a possibility for the former is to work on keeping the scapula retracted from the start as well as working on power shrugs from knee height and high pulls to build trap strength, as well as rack deads to practice pulling with scapula back. Whereas the latter need to work on hamstring flexibility, speed from depth with lighter speed reps, explosive leg and pull strength with power cleans and snatches, and deep box squats with a pause to get that tension and drive.

What do you reckon? By the way my deadlift is rubbish - due to injury in the past and so a lack of work on it - but I'm working on it now - and I fit into the latter group. Hard off the floor, if I get it to knees its a guaranteed up.
» Gyms in driving distance to Southend with strongman stuff? (Go to post)17-12-2012 @ 18:46 
That'll do nicely. Cheers bud. Reflexions is closest and now you mention it that's the place with the odd comp too is it not? I'll check it out. Is it easy from the bridge?

If any others spring to mind for anyone, please drop em in too.
» Gyms in driving distance to Southend with strongman stuff? (Go to post)17-12-2012 @ 17:09 
Hi,

Anyone know any gyms not too far from Southend with axles, farmers, logs and stones etc?

Ie around Essex, East London and Northern Kent?

Thanks!

Monbeef.
» BDFPA EAST MIDLANDS - january 20th (Go to post)17-12-2012 @ 17:00 
Don't suppose the BDFPA cheap end of year membership ends in Feb does it Glen?!

You are here: HomeForumMon → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions