REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 151 guests
You are here: HomeForumMadjock → View All Posts

View All Posts: Madjock

» Dot Shaw passed away! (Go to post)13-06-2017 @ 09:21 
Just heard that Dot Shaw passed away, she was an awesome lifter in the BPC and GPC and a real unforgettable presence, condolences to her family and may she rest in peace.
» Equiped to raw (Go to post)09-09-2016 @ 10:32 
When you are slow off the chest it is usually due to weak pecs, particularly the external part that links into the deltoids, you need to use super wide grip flat bench using moderate rep ranges, no less than 5 and up to 12 reps per set, maximum of 4 intense sets but not to failure to build these muscles.
You also need to learn to expand and stretch your ribcage as you slowly lower the bar to build tension.
That is what I have done with a great deal of success and the bar flies off my chest like lightning, it's just the lockout now that gives me problems! anyway I hope this helps
» Age is just a number in the strength/body game.... (Go to post)05-08-2016 @ 21:21 
Yep its all about that thing called talent or genetics, the accident of birth.and thats the hard fact.no matter what folks want to believe about gear intake,(and response an tolerance to that is a genetic thing too) the folks who have all those advantages will always be the best even if they are getting older.
look to Greg Knuckolds stuff for a bit of realism
» Egg PB (Go to post)17-03-2016 @ 13:14 
Back in the late 80s I used to eat 36 eggs a day along with 9 pints of milk every day after reading Vince Gironda's stuff.
I did this for 6 months along with the Peary Rader breathing squat training and got from 10.5 stone to 12.5, you can't keep many friends though due to the horrendous farts and I was never off the toilet.
» wraps (Go to post)23-02-2016 @ 06:57 
Yep Inzer iron red and black best for all up to about 350kg or so.
» 352.5kg bench. (Go to post)28-07-2015 @ 12:53 
Isn't that Ed Coan judging on the left?
» best belt?? (Go to post)21-05-2015 @ 13:19 
Buy an inzer single prong 13mm, much more versatile than a lever belt,you can get them from ,www.inzershop.de/ I would say a Safe USA belt, but they got taken over by Titan and are not a patch on the originals, Had mine for 15 years now and it's as good as any new one.
» how do you actually get strong? (Go to post)26-10-2014 @ 16:21 
Read this: http://gregnuckols.com/2014/09/16/what-it-takes-to-break-world...

I know it's about breaking world records but the message is kinda, that the first key to getting strong is to chose your parents.
But almost any of the non-fancy type of routines featured here,coupled with enough rest,staying injury free will get you as strong as your genetics will allow,yes some drugs will help but won't turn an average person into a champion beater.
I speak as someone who started training at 24 weighing 10 1/2 stone unable to squat with 40kg I have tried every type of training going but made my best gains from the years 38-45 using versions of the Western periodisation system, that is decreasing reps as weight increases over 8-10 week cycles training each body part once per week max of 4 training days and only ever maxing out in competitions.I eventually over that time achieved the lifts I post at the bodyweight of 96kg 15 1/2 stone and done alright however numerous times I got outlifted on the day by some young genetic superior who'd only been haphazardly training for a couple iof years.
» Wrist Wrap recommendations (Go to post)21-10-2014 @ 10:17 
I have a pair of Inzer irons I have used since 2000 and they are still fine
» How does this belt looks like ? (Go to post)01-08-2014 @ 10:16 
That looks like the aircraft rivets used by Inzer on their Forever belts
» Safe (Titan ) Contender Squat boots (Go to post)16-07-2014 @ 10:20 
Thanks for that chaps, It's strange that it's so difficult to find anything that feels as secure as my very old work boots,I did look at the Metal boots but a couple of the lads I know who used them said they fell to bits very easily, could be they treated them a bit too harshly. My feet are size 9 so yours would be a bit too big, but thanks for the offer.
I think I will order some contenders from Titan and give them a try.
Thanks for all your help guys.

Cheers
» Safe (Titan ) Contender Squat boots (Go to post)15-07-2014 @ 07:53 
Post Edited: 15.07.2014 @ 07:54 AM by Madjock
Hi there, has anyone got any experience with the , what used to be Safe USA Contender series Squat boots? specific question being, are the soles really incompressible?
The reason I ask is that my 12 year old work boots with the rock hard soles are now knackered and I need an alternative that can be used in any powerlifting Fed.
I have tried the Inzer pillars, which are supposed to have incompressible soles but they feel like sponges under my feet with any more than 240kg on my back..likewise Converse hightops, so they are no good either. I own a pair of the old style £170 Adidas Adistar Olympic shoes with the wooden soles and they feel really good for energy transfer but are a little too high on the heel for my sitting back and medium wide style. Now if the Safe Contenders do have a hard enough sole to give the the same kind of energy transfer as the Olympic types the could be ideal for my needs, but I have never had a pair in my hands, never mind on my feet. So can anyone enlighten me?
» best PL coaches in britain? (Go to post)25-04-2014 @ 10:12 
Andy Bolton...for all 3 lifts, I know of numerous folks including experienced lifters make progress using his coaching and advice
» OPINION - Ed Coan NOT the greatest powerlifter (Go to post)09-04-2014 @ 10:21 
Coan began powerlifting as a 181-pound lifter. He squatted and deadlifted 780-pounds and bench-pressed 485-pounds. He got bigger in his early twenties and at 198lbs Coan squatted and pulled 863-pounds while bench-pressing slightly over 500-pounds.

As a 220-pound lifter, he set over seventy world records and became the lightest man to shatter the 2400 barrier. When he shattered the 2400-pound barrier, nobody was even close- the second best 220-pound powerlifting total was 2102.Coan exceeded the all-time powerlifting total with an historic 2463-total. He became the all-time greatest powerlifter in the history of the sport. Coan not only dominated his weight class but he dominated the giants in the super heavy weight classes- Not only did he beat the 350lbs giants but he destroyed them! Even though, he weighed nearly 200lbs less then the greatest super heavy weights of all time his best numbers were in the same exact ballpark as greats like Kaz and Paul Anderson.
I think they say he's the greatest because of the era in which he done all of the above
» Powerlifting equipment sizing charts - Inzer - Titan - Metal (Go to post)01-04-2014 @ 10:18 
Hi there Meatfish,
I have had numerous Titan suits I weigh 96kg and have always had to go down to a size 40..3 sizes lower than the chart and the same goes for most of the powerlifters I have kitted up. Titan suits do stretch even the latest type..Oh and the straps are nearly always too long and need to be adjusted..My advice is not to go any higher than the recommended as even they are likely to be loose..I will probably get caned for this advice but only trying to help.

You are here: HomeForumMadjock → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions