REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 198 guests
You are here: HomeForumBerniebelle → View All Posts

View All Posts: Berniebelle

» Army Push PUll (Go to post)17-07-2011 @ 20:30 
This is a combined comp, Police against the army. I'm competing at it, it should be a good one.(BTW I'm Mrs Buzz and I'm not competing for the army)lol Cool
» Unit 20 Novice Competition - Sat 4th September (Go to post)08-09-2010 @ 23:35 
Post Edited: 08.09.2010 @ 23:36 PM by Berniebelle
Perhaps 'novice' is indeed the wrong terminology used for the basis of this comp. At the risk of upsetting those people who have an obvious chip on there shoulder regarding the under 90kg strongman category (i.e. those opposed to people competing in the 90kg category as opposed to the 105kg's that they were running, yeah you know who you are). Like myself, there is a very limited scope for competition for the guys in Scotland for Strongman and I applaud those guys that travelled from near and far to compete on Saturday which was a resounding success and we have had nothing but positive feedback. The level of the competition was accurate and not every one was 'glory hunting'. I, on the other hand, have given up competing on the strongwoman scene due to the lack of structure, competitions and empty promises and I believe that comps such as this should be promoted rather than criticised. I know certain people will accuse me of being biased but I hope these people can get over themselves and begin to promote the sport in Scotland as opposed to criticising it when they see fit. The sport needs to be supported at the grass roots, there is little or no funding for the sport and will the critics be appeased if we simply changed the name of 'novice'?.....I very much doubt it. I personally would have had a problem with the competition had Lee Butler, the current Scottish 90kg Champion had competed and have vocalised this previously, however, he didn't. If it is going to get petty and going by the previous posts it will, questions have to be asked about the winner of the competition Scott Taggart ( whose current body weight is approximately 150kg a significant difference to the 90kg weight category under debate), and training partner of the illustrious and 'unbeatable I am going to bench press 320kg)' Andy Cairney who won by a compelling 13 point and had previously competed in a BSM 'natural' competition and a former international rugby player. Please note that this is not a criticism of Scott as he was a worthy winner on the day, however, I could count on the one hand how may of his "training partners" came to support him on the day.Gloves off boys, f**king grow up and support the sport at all levels, not everyone is designed to be a champion and just do it for the enjoyment of the sport. We need all the help we can get.
» The Plan (Go to post)01-11-2008 @ 15:53 
I'm glad you know your place bhoy and acknowledge just who the Boss is!!Grin Grin
» The Plan (Go to post)31-10-2008 @ 17:37 
Oh s**t, I posted that and didn't realise Brian was still logged on. But for the record i'm still going to kick his ass!!Grin Grin
» The Plan (Go to post)31-10-2008 @ 10:34 
there is no need 4the pharma crack pipe mr brian its just pure talent and skill! I suppose u have the advantage over me in the strongman/woman training while i train 4my worlds so im expecting u 2reduce the 8secomd lead i have over u in the car carry 2at least 7seconds!xx
» The Plan (Go to post)30-10-2008 @ 04:15 
Im glad that the programme is working well for you (It took me a long time to convince you that it was actually worthwhile)Grin Grin but can you please wisen the hell up with hitting the pb's because it just means I have to work even harder when I return to my strongwoman training to kick your arse!!Grin Grin Grin
You are here: HomeForumBerniebelle → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions