REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 154 guests
You are here: HomeForumAMH_Power → View All Posts

View All Posts: AMH_Power

12345678910 ... 11 ... 8788899091929394959697

» Rep pb... (Go to post)22-05-2018 @ 21:01 
jedi said:Very nice!
We need to get you a bit more of a following on Instagram.
Not only because you deserve it ....but also so you can attract some of the 'free advice' crew to your comments section. I was genuinely disappointed there was no-one telling you that you should squat low-bar
Tongue Wink

haha I love them guys!
» Rep pb... (Go to post)22-05-2018 @ 09:38 
jon1234 said:300 should be no problem

I did 300 in comp last November, just lazy updating numbers hahs
» Rep pb... (Go to post)21-05-2018 @ 16:58 
Managed to grind out 250 for 7 on squat. No mean feat but I am really, really s**t at reps so this puts me in a good place. Also it's my insta which I've started using for videos as youtube is a pain in the tits and fb is just drama after drama.

[url=]https://www.instagram.com/p/Bi7cllOBxJ3/?taken-by=the_amh_power[/ur...
» 260kg deadlift PB (Go to post)21-05-2018 @ 16:55 
jedi said:
Thanks mate.
Really appreciate your input because I have the utmost respect for your lifting, coaching and programming.

Thank you mate! Really appreciate that
» 260kg deadlift PB (Go to post)20-05-2018 @ 20:12 
boom well done mate
» Type 2 Diabetes (Go to post)17-04-2018 @ 19:17 
matthewvc said:there's a supplement, alpha lipoic acid that is supposed to be good for managing blood glucose and improving insulin resistance. 'R-alpha-lipoic acid' or 'R-ALA' is the more potent form

This!
» Type 2 Diabetes (Go to post)17-04-2018 @ 19:17 
I didn't think sugar was the cause of it?

Anyways...

I've seen a study on BPC157 regenerating beta cells and a damaged pancreas.
I've also seen a study showing Epitalon halting any progress of the disease and increasing insulin sensitivity...

As for over the counter / drug free:

Alpha-lipoic acid increases insulin sensitivity
Magnesium also ^^
Spirulina increases sensitivity, lower triglycerides and does loads of other magic.

HIIT shouldn't affect strength levels if programmed in correctly and can also play a big role in resetting how TGLUT cells work; further increasing sensitivity.

Obviously the standard stuff is drastically revising your macros so that high GI foods are eaten post workout where TGLUT can clear a vast percentage of blood sugars without insulin and can plead ignorance to insulin resistance.

The elephant in the room is compounds you may/may not be taking which is causing it...
» Blood Pressure (Go to post)17-04-2018 @ 10:41 
danbaseley said:
If this is the case, then you are most likely not a hypochondriac - as you inferred in your previous post.
You may, however, suffer from self-deprecating hyperbole.
Grin

Pmsl! Touche. Touche
» Blood Pressure (Go to post)17-04-2018 @ 09:26 
danbaseley said:
That's great news.
But, coupled with your being on first name terms with the reception staff at your local GP, I would advise that you avoid extraneous, or "I wonder if I could possibly have 'x'?" visits to the doctor and/or hospital - and keep off WebMD.
You are a fit, strong, able young man.
Getting yourself into a routine of visiting the doctor to find out if something (ANYTHING!!) is wrong with you now does not bode well for the future.
Also, you are paying for the NHS through taxes, buy psychologically you might view the consultation process as "free" (barring the prescription fee). If you were to pay for each speculative consultation there and then, your bank balance and desire to visit the doctor on a whim would probably both shrink exponentially.

Sorry mate I disagree. I've never claimed a single benefit in my life, and worked my entire life. I work for the NHS.

I agree it would be a waste, but:

I spent 3 years putting off a doctor's visit when i felt something wasn't right... I had Lyme's disease.

If I have something I feel is wrong, I'll get it checked out, especially when my Dad, grandad, and great grandad all died pre 35...

Been to the doctor's maybe 5x in the last year. One was because my appendix blew up, one was to revise my Crohn's disease medication, and the other 3 was for relevant tests to do with my heart after explaining my concerns with the doc.

Who are you to tell me how much I'd value my bank account over my health concerns?

I spent long enough getting rocketed and shot at in Afghan for this country, I'll go to the doctor's with or without your blessing mate.
» Blood Pressure (Go to post)16-04-2018 @ 21:14 
So just as a follow up, I decided to get my bloods done (lipids/liver function/triglycerides bla bla)...

Everything normal except slightly low (but nothing concerning) fasted blood sugar. Rest is bang in the middle of normal ranges; HDL-C a little elevated, but total serum fine. This could be from spirulina though so, and from my understanding HDL is good.
» Blood Pressure (Go to post)14-04-2018 @ 17:16 
John said:I've always assumed ppl who strength train would generally have a higher BP,just because of the whole anabolic training and stuff, a non scientific assumption based on no knowledge what so ever :/ does anyone else here hold their breath while sleeping?

If I'm having anxiety, I will sometimes get this as I'm falling asleep, but not while asleep; it makes me jump.
» Blood Pressure (Go to post)14-04-2018 @ 12:35 
Fatpete said:
I would have said more of a valetudinarian
Happy

I concur!
» Blood Pressure (Go to post)05-04-2018 @ 13:37 
LessThanLuke said:
You seem like a bit of a hypocondriac
Grin
Complete opposite to me. I just assume I am always gonna be good.

I categorically am a hc.

Everytime I go to the docs I can see the look on the receptionists face, it reads something like "not this f**king guy again"...
» Blood Pressure (Go to post)04-04-2018 @ 21:18 
I've sussed it, basically I didn't realise just how much different positions and body temperature can affect it!

So basically:
crossing legs +
unsupported back +
arm lower than heart level +
feet unsupported +
cold temp +
crossed legs +
need a piss +

It's pretty consistent now if I sit same way and same time of day... 120-125 morning/evening, 136ish afternoon.

I need to stop google doctor... has me thinking I'm past expiry.
» Blood Pressure (Go to post)03-04-2018 @ 21:58 
Any of you guys with abnormal blood pressure readings?

I seem to get crazy variations in readings; I can literally feel my pulse start pounding in my face as soon as the cuff starts inflating, self induced illogical panic.

My Systolic ranges from 118 to 152!

Typically, it will be 144 until I chill out, and after a couple of measurements it's usually 125-132ish.

Diastolic is always normal, although bottom end of normal if lying down.

Anybody else have such fluctuations and/or have issues with a straight cuff fitting a non flat arm (tri/bi curve)??

12345678910 ... 11 ... 8788899091929394959697

You are here: HomeForumAMH_Power → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions