REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 227 guests
You are here: HomeForumAMH_Power → View All Posts

View All Posts: AMH_Power

12345678910 ... ... 8788899091929394959697

» AMH's training log. Goal, 800+ Raw @100kg. (Go to post)12-01-2022 @ 07:36 
Nimble said:Great stuff all round.

Strange that you've got more knowledge and more practical credibility than a lot of people that make quite lucrative careers out of this stuff... and here it is shared on an obscure forum for free. A lot of books on these sort of subjects only really have 2-3 pages of info in them too, its just stretched out over 100.

I could absolutely stretch it out to 100 pages haha. Thanks mate
» AMH's training log. Goal, 800+ Raw @100kg. (Go to post)11-01-2022 @ 22:28 
Post Edited: 11.01.2022 @ 22:29 PM by AMH_Power
danbaseley said:Thanks very much for that Aaron.

I think I will have a little play around with this (by way of the SDE, SPE and GPE) for Bench, Squat and Deadlift.

My knees - and the rest of me - has never liked the "typical" block periodisation of multiple sets a la 5 sets of 6@75%.

I feel so beaten up - and so inflamed - from that type of work, that I can never finish.

The biggest realisation for me of the last few year was that high rep sets with the comp lifts are FAR from optimal.

Address the skill that's lacking, or address the muscle that's lacking.

Granted, the competition lifts will make the weakness graft hard, but it adds fatigue to the rest of the system that doesn't need to exist, which f**ks up the rest of training.

I'll never, ever, ever do greater than 3 reps on normal bench press again... and I'm nowhere near as good as I'm going to be.
» AMH's training log. Goal, 800+ Raw @100kg. (Go to post)11-01-2022 @ 22:23 
danbaseley said:
Eek Eek Eek Eek

Correction, he's now 14 as of Xmas day... But he did the above lifts prior. Also he likes to tell people he's 90kg, he's more like 89kg, on an evening, full dressed...

Anyway, give him a follow if you are on insta:

https://www.instagram.com/fin_lifts/
» AMH's training log. Goal, 800+ Raw @100kg. (Go to post)11-01-2022 @ 22:13 
Post Edited: 11.01.2022 @ 22:17 PM by AMH_Power
danbaseley said:So:

6 weeks/20 sessions: Prep Block

6 weeks/20 sessions (exercise group A) + 6 weeks/20 sessions (exercise group B): For two separate Development Blocks

Acquisition Block.

Would the Acquisition Block be shorter: 2-3 weeks?

sooo without complicating s**t, instead of sequential development blocks, you can actually create two sessions (session A, session B) and alternate between them to create 40 sessions in total.
I recommend this AFTER a normal block to confirm TTP.

Basically, your TTP will be pretty much identical to the prep block, and you'll know it because you'll have 3 s**t SFE lifts in a row (the single @8).

for example, my SFE log does this:

1@185
1@195
1@190
1@200
1@200
1@195
1@210
1@207.5
1@210
1@212.5
1@205
1@210
1@215
1@220
1@210
1@225
1@205
1@205
1@200
1@205

So my personal TTP is 16 exposures; I'd align this up with my acquisition block. My 16th session would be the meet/test. Note that my log here; the TTP isn't where it was highest, its where it was GOOD before it failed to improve over 3-4 sessions. I've repeated 20 exposures multiple times now and I know for sure that my TTP is 16, as 17/18/19/20 just drops or stagnates. I'd always use a third confirmation 's**t' session to be sure, then repeat on the next block for a bigger confirmation.

So for me, a prep block would be 16 exposures, a dev block 16/16/16 exposures, and then the acquisition 16 expsosures.

My step son has a TTP of 27 exposures. He recently benched 125kg@84kg, 13 years old (squatted 205, and deadlifted 215kg).

Also, deadlift and squat have a unique TTP unlinked to bench. So you may get more dev cycles of one lift in vs the other... I'd just work them all backwards from a comp date.

My training literally cycles:

Squat
Bench
Dead
Bench...

Some weeks I'll see 3 sessions, others as much as 6 subject to how I'm feeling, stress etc. Unlinking fixed days is great, means if life prevents a session, you dont miss out, you just rotate through.

*edit, or ammend training frequency so TTP aligns with the test, even if it means increasing or lower frequency randomly on random weeks to ensure alignment. The TTP doesn't change even with higher or lower frequency; what does is the size in improvement (little and often, vs large less so often).

If someone fails to improve on their test set of each session, then (providing exercise selection is valid):

They are feeling good... increase total sets
They feel s**t... decrease total sets.

Revise. Act on the data
» AMH's training log. Goal, 800+ Raw @100kg. (Go to post)11-01-2022 @ 21:27 
As promised. 14 years of learning on 3 pages of A4.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1C82_nkK1vjKZuYzrvGyiSuHnrWfxnfR_/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=105250859069022658005&rtpof=true&sd=true

Largely accredited to Bonadarchuk(structure) and Fred Hatfield(selection concepts).

Happy to answer any questions
» AMH's training log. Goal, 800+ Raw @100kg. (Go to post)11-01-2022 @ 20:30 
Post Edited: 11.01.2022 @ 20:31 PM by AMH_Power
93hopkinsonr said:
Yeah, please share!

f**k it, going to make an actual document and share it. The format/limit of this is a bit limiting. Give me 15 mins.
» AMH's training log. Goal, 800+ Raw @100kg. (Go to post)11-01-2022 @ 19:26 
Funky_monkey said:250kg raw, at a lighter bodyweight, drugs tested. Things are just getting silly. Can we all chip in to buy you drugs and KFC to get you the biggest raw bench in the UK?

Haha I think my elbows are in agreement that its getting silly. Happy to document how I built to this (well, technically I didn't 'build' to it), if anyone is interested.

On a side note, I think I'll see 270+ in 4 years still PED free. I've always always progressed, just sometimes 2 steps forward and 1 back.
» AMH's training log. Goal, 800+ Raw @100kg. (Go to post)11-01-2022 @ 15:24 
thanks lads, there's that many feds and weight classes, full power, single lifts etc... I'm not sure. I'm not getting caught up in other people so much now, just making progress and the end goal is what it is
» AMH's training log. Goal, 800+ Raw @100kg. (Go to post)10-01-2022 @ 22:50 
EDCLARKE said:Holy s**t that's a massive bench ! Congratulations that must be the biggest ever bench in the uk at that bodyweight . And congratulations on not dying as well!

Everyone that woke up today didn't die, so I can't take the credit for that one! Thanks for the kinds words regarding the bench though!
» AMH's training log. Goal, 800+ Raw @100kg. (Go to post)10-01-2022 @ 22:03 
Been a while since I updated this, had a couple of hurdles to jump regarding health and s**t.

Anyway, managed a 250kg bench @ 100ish this week which is a big win. I tried this same weight just before health issues and failed, so to hit this 4 month after nearly dying, I'm happy. Squat and deadlift are being built up from the bottom though, but we move.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYb-jqpA7ay/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_lin...
» VBT Guide (Go to post)19-09-2021 @ 22:57 
Henk said:
Very nice Aaron.
I bought a Texas Instruments BLE sensortag (£20) a while ago that contained an accelerometer and gyroscope amongst other sensors - my aim was to attach it to the bar and transmit the movement data to a phone app for immediate analysis (velocity, bar path etc).
I guess as you have a 3D image you can do bar path too.
Are you intending transmitting the data to an app?

Potentially! This would negate the need for the secondary display unit. It would just be the lidar.

With regards to accelerometers, unless you aren't accelerating it doesn't know displacement; you could accelerate up to 1ms, carry this on for a mile, and until you decelerate it wouldn't know!
You have to use integration to work out the area under the curve, but sadly isn't too accurate. I went down this route... Basically unless you are over 97% accuracy, the whole concept becomes moot.

But yeah, defo keen to look at the app side, you familiar with the API? Would you want the raw captures then do the processing of the data on the receiving device, or would you want to receive the processed data already? The pro to the former is not needing a powerful microcontroller... Would bring price down more and battery life up!
» VBT Guide (Go to post)16-09-2021 @ 18:56 
BigMacca said:
That looks awesome dude!
For £120, you can put me down for one!

on it!
» VBT Guide (Go to post)16-09-2021 @ 13:02 
Post Edited: 16.09.2021 @ 13:04 PM by AMH_Power
I've started to make my own velocity sensor which uses LIDAR (basically like RADAR, but Lasers instead of radio waves).
It's already fully functional, and rivals the accuracy of my Flex sensor (1000hz polling vs. the flexes 50hz). They are always within 0.01m of each other (I dare say this discrepancy is from the lockout height of left vs right side of the bar!).

It's accurate to 2mm within 4m.

It's currently only on a breadboard and using an Arduino Uno for processing. The final product is going on an Arduino Nano V3 (lower power consumption), will have a li-po battery (will take 10 hours to charge, but will only need charging every 1000 hours!).

I've had a quote for making a milled aluminium case with thick gorilla glass to make the thing bullet proof. It has no buttons beyond on/off, I want it simple as s**t (and cheap!)

I'm keen to get a laser accurate (literally) to lifters for under 120 quid.

Here's the prototype showing behaviour/code:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uGIvJAQ9iIWkHXAk0bsFgGVOE59BcMGt/view?usp=sharing

The last few days of learning has been STEEP. But it will be worth it in the end!

Keen for suggestions...

ps. If anyone is wondering, it sits on the floor, builds up a 3D image of everything above it, and then uses the lowest point of the image as the reference (will always be the bottom of the disc or the bar in absence of the disc). The sensor has a 25 degree field of view; so its very accurate even in the presence of lateral(x/y) movement of the bar despite tracking z.
» VBT Guide (Go to post)13-09-2021 @ 09:18 
EDCLARKE said:thanks for this very interesting , and best wishes for a speedy recovery and return to lifting.

Thanks mate!
» VBT Guide (Go to post)12-09-2021 @ 10:32 
Wayne_Cowdrey said:Really sorry to hear about your health issues Aaron. I wish you a full and speedy recovery.

Sympathy didn't help anyone mate but I appreciate your kind words! Just a bit frustrating as I can deal with the stroke no drama, it's the dissection which can take up to 6 month to fully repair which means no straining etc.

So it's not even a physical limitation (well, my balance is a bit f**ked and one side of my body can't feel temperature, so it feels like permanent frost bite). But other than this I'm keen to lift heavy, I just don't want to go for my follow scan to be told its not healed and have to have another 6 month out after surgery as that would be the solution if it doesn't auto resolve.

Side note, just from what I saw in ICU and the COVID ward in hospital; the virus didn't seem to give a s**t about vaccine status in young people. The majority of people on the ward was within +/-10 years of me. The majority in there was vaccinated (I was the only one in the communal room that wasn't). Scary stuff.

Anyway, we ride at dawn. I've still got a 900+ to get

12345678910 ... ... 8788899091929394959697

You are here: HomeForumAMH_Power → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions