REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 211 guests
You are here: HomeForumAMH_Power → View All Posts

View All Posts: AMH_Power

12345678910 ... ... 8788899091929394959697

» rep range for tendon strength (Go to post)21-05-2020 @ 17:40 
I forgot to ask, do you mean strengthen in a integrity type way; ie to prevent injury?

If so then as above.

If you mean from a stiffness/hysteresis and performance perspective, then plyometrics will probably supersede any other method... But they can be destructive to the joint itself so exercise caution.
» AMH_Power. Thank you. (Go to post)20-05-2020 @ 07:55 
You'll make me blush lads haha. I feel fraudulent getting praise for doing s**t that I feel we all should be doing anyway. Genuinely humbled. Thank you.
» rep range for tendon strength (Go to post)14-05-2020 @ 22:40 
WILLSAN said:
interesting! and counter intuitive. would very high reps be 10+?
I wonder if a combination of the two would work or better to stick to one or the other.

The stuff I read by zatsiorsky was 20 reps!
» rep range for tendon strength (Go to post)14-05-2020 @ 21:54 
Studies seem to show extremes work best...

ie very low reps with very heavy weight, OR very light weight with very high reps...

Tendons need large mechanical stress OR metabolic stress. The middle ground (eg 5x5) shown the slowest adaptations.
» one leg/pistol squat? lowedbody training with no weight recommendations? (Go to post)28-04-2020 @ 19:32 
If I had no space, I would buy 3-4 sets of heavy duty resistance bands (the 80kg ones). Id squat with these (creating a loop underfeet and base of neck/shoulders).

My training would probably look something like this:

Mon:
Resistance band squat (2-3 bands), 20x3, explosive as possible.
Resistance band good morning, 3x8
Resistance band press Up (2-bands), 3x8 slow eccentric, fast concentric

Wed:
Resistance band bulgarian split squat (stand on the band and hold both sides in hands), 3x8
Resistance band overhead press (1-2 bands), 3x8
Clap Press ups, 20x3

Thu:
Resistance band press Up (3-4 bands), 20x3 explosive as possible
Resistance band squat (1-2 bands), 3x8, slow eccentric, fast concentric
Resistance band seated rows (attach to door or get the doris to stand in it), 3x8, slow eccentric, fast concentric

Sat:
30m sprints (slight hill ideal; reduces knee stress)
Timed Ab work (plank, side plank)
Timed Glute work (glute bridges)

When I was in the military I used a very similar system while deployed on exercise and returned with very very minimal max strength loss, but my power production was immensely better which even to today, has stayed with all my lifts. The key is to make the fast s**t fast, and the higher rep stuff to really really focus on mind muscle connection...

and more importantly, progressive overload... week to week increase either reps, sets, speed, load... at least 60-70% of ALL progress can be attributed to progressive overload
» Getting desperate for online weights (Go to post)08-04-2020 @ 18:00 
samue1son said:
Woh. What's going on here then?
I will give a few packs of monster for that ^_^
I'm in a village called Yaxley, next to Peterborough.
How much is a courier?
Or rather, where doth thou dwell?

I'm in York mate. If you sort a courier you can have it. Happy to help; especially given that I have 2 other bars...
Drop us a PM if you want it Happy
» Getting desperate for online weights (Go to post)05-04-2020 @ 10:38 
samue1son said:Strengthshop are well and truly rinsed out.
I've been through a whole bunch of others too.

I'm after just the basics/classics.

20kg 7ft bar
maybe up to a 200kg set or even 140kg would get me by for some time.

Any ideas anybody?

I don't even need squat stands (yet).
Just resigned myself to deadlifts, cleans, presses etc.

Where you at mate? I've got a strength shop bas***d bar you can have. Needs a bit of a scrub but its decent. Collars spin like new etc. Cost you a can of monster though...
» SSB squats vs regular bar squats strength (Go to post)22-02-2020 @ 19:32 
DeanW92 said:Been using a SSB in my training since just after christmas, doing back squats once a week and SSB squats on a different day, it seems like my numbers are very close but I'm not sure why.

Just wondering how other peoples numbers compare between the two variations?

I usually have a high bar placement when squatting as i struggle to get the bar lower down my back without killing my elbows and my squat has always been my worst lift so maybe this has something to do with it.

I squat pretty high bar and narrow stance, but the safety bar is much harder for me.

On the flip side, a good friend of mine has a max squat of 300, and a max SSB of 330!
He low bar squats, has long legs and a very short spine... The opposite of me.

It seems that if you are 'built' to squat (short legs, long spine) then the SSB is harder. For those with short spines, the weight can sit in front which in turn allows them to remain more upright; allowing their numbers to be a bit closer to each other or in some cases SSB can surpass.

Just my observations...
» Non Alcoholic fatty liver disease (Go to post)23-01-2020 @ 21:48 
beza said:
Oh right lol, I can imagine. I’ve ordered it in capsule form so hopefully won’t taste anything

I have a two heaped t-spoons; you want 20mg a day (I've seen some capsules with very low quantity).

Also worth mentioning it increases power output, so 100% worth taking with creatine.
» Non Alcoholic fatty liver disease (Go to post)23-01-2020 @ 11:45 
beza said:
Thanks a lot for this mate, have ordered some, every little helps!

No worries mate. Save you puking, put it in apple juice and you can't even taste it.
» Non Alcoholic fatty liver disease (Go to post)21-01-2020 @ 22:53 
Post Edited: 21.01.2020 @ 22:55 PM by AMH_Power
Spirulina as been shown to outperform medication for this. Check on examine.com for the study references (search spirulina, then go down to human effect matrix).

Save your fingers:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20370930
» Effective Supplements. (Go to post)25-11-2019 @ 23:14 
jt said:
Man maybe this is not the supplement for me!
My wife kindly got me some from Holland and Barrett but it is 3 caps 3 times a day 30 mins before food never going to work for me. Is there a 1 a day available anywhere anyone know?

Powder form all day mate. Smash it in apple juice with creatine. Done
» Effective Supplements. (Go to post)20-11-2019 @ 19:50 
PeteHodgson said:50% off at bulkpowders. Literally just ordered spirulina and ashwaganda stuff. I'm desperate!

If you got Spirulina powder, unless you are some sort of twisted psychopath, you'll want to mix it with apple juice. It becomes non-distinct tasting; otherwise it's beyond horrific. Don't say I didn't warn you
» Effective Supplements. (Go to post)20-11-2019 @ 19:48 
danbaseley said:I use coconut fat as the scraping medium. Works great, smells good.

I'm game to give this a go for a few weeks. Will report back.
» Effective Supplements. (Go to post)20-11-2019 @ 19:46 
Post Edited: 20.11.2019 @ 19:47 PM by AMH_Power
The_Lone_Wolf said:
Where do you stand on the use of caffeine as a performance enhancer? And on that note, have you experimented with any nootropics?

ashwaghandha is a nootropic mate. Caffeine absolutely helps fight fatigue but I have a feeling you get accustomed to its benefit. I would imagine holding out until the most important lifting days would have the biggest effect (this is purely my own opinion which is subjective).

I've seen some super interesting peptide nootropics which increase intelligence and reduce anxiety, like Semax and Selank alongside some other health benefits. Not sure where they sit on the WADA side but I've not looked at them beyond generic interest.

I've seen some crazy stuff on C60(Fullerene) too which increases life span and alters DNA for the better, but only early trials etc.

That said, there are compounds that absolutely increase life span (clinically proven), and these are peptides too:

Epitalon
Thymalin
GHK-Cu

But this is all fringe science. I'd presume these 3 would be banned by WADA as 'catch all' statements given how they work (gene expression and telomerase activation). Still mega interesting stuff and useful to know if any of us was to ever be terminally ill (I hope this is never the case! But some sort of plan is better than no plan, right?)

12345678910 ... ... 8788899091929394959697

You are here: HomeForumAMH_Power → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions