REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 100 guests
You are here: HomeForumAMH_Power → View All Posts

View All Posts: AMH_Power

12345678910 ... 798081 ... 8788899091929394959697

» Electronic Scales with BF Measurements? (Go to post)26-04-2014 @ 22:37 
Muscle amount doesn't correlate to body fat, but it does correlate to a lower body fat percentage.

If both of them had 5kg of fat, but one was much heavier as he had more muscle, then he must have a lower bodyfat percentage.
» Walker Power (Go to post)26-04-2014 @ 22:04 
Nice work mate
» Electronic Scales with BF Measurements? (Go to post)26-04-2014 @ 21:14 
Post Edited: 26.04.2014 @ 21:15 PM by AMH_Power
Steve said:
Do elite marathon runners actually have a higher bodyfat % than sprinters?

Yes as elite marathon runners are usually (if not always, presuming they are elite) very high in slow twitch fibres which get the majority of its size from triglycerides which is a stored form of fat.

Sprinters are predominantly fast-glycolytic/fast-oxidative-glycolytic fibers who's mass comes from glycogen... a stored form of glucose.

So not only on a 1:1 scale are the sprinters less fattier, but the sprinters usually have more mass, which further increases the gap between their relative body fat.

So although they may have the same amount of surface fat, not only are the marathon runners muscles smaller, but they are fattier. Endurance athletes rarely are 'solid, thick, tight', unless there is a strength component (crossfit...maybe.)
» Electronic Scales with BF Measurements? (Go to post)26-04-2014 @ 20:47 
brownbear said:
Listen to Dr gay bear 2 here and f**k them s**te scales right off! Walkers said they vary by 4% in one day!! That tells me they're f**king gash

lol fair one. I didn't get them for the % thing, just needed some new scales and that was a bonus, just a bit shocked @20%! But that's pretty normal.

I'm still investing in some decent ones though, just for if I diet from low calorie or low carb, I can see which impacts muscle/fat ratio the hardest as I know everyone is different in this resepct, and although the values on the scales aren't absolute, they are still relative be it increasing or decreasing.

The mirror isn't always the best judge, look at marathon runners.. pretty lean but they have high BF% as opposed to their sprinter counter parts due to the energy they store, even though they measure/weigh very similar. (minus the odd beefcake sprinter).
» Electronic Scales with BF Measurements? (Go to post)26-04-2014 @ 19:17 
kirkynick said:I have some Tanita ones and they are very accurate if you want to track progress over time, and if you follow the recommendations: weigh yourself at the same time, check water intake, clean feet, clean scales etc.

Thanks for advise, definitely an investment!
» A case for acceleration! (Go to post)26-04-2014 @ 17:47 
Sparrow said:Interesting read!

I wish I could apply my Sports Science degree to my training like you seem to be able to do - I remember learning about Golgi Tendon Organs and the like years ago...

Cheers mate! I find sport science really interesting, I can't exist and not know how I work!
» Electronic Scales with BF Measurements? (Go to post)26-04-2014 @ 17:45 
walker said:I read a lot about them before buying some Tanita ones which aren't cheap, and aren't even that accurate for athletes.. Cheapo ones are way off on some of their readings so I wouldn't be overly concerned!

On mine I can range between 24-28% bodyfat depending on the time of day and how much water I've drunk etc. It usually says I'm higher in a morning straight out of bed and dehydrated.

I'm going to invest in some daddy ones I think, probably worth it to know if I'm over/under calories etc...or dehydrated
» Electronic Scales with BF Measurements? (Go to post)26-04-2014 @ 17:35 
So...

Anybody have a set of these? Got some from the supermarket today, only to be told I'm turbo fat!

Anyway, here's what they had to say:
Weight 97.4Kg
Body Fat 21%
Muscle Mass 42%
Bone Mass 10%
Water 27%

It also gave a calorie reading of 5375, does anyone know what this is? Is this maintenance weight?

I'm taking it with a pinch of salt as they weren't much more than new batteries for my old scales!

Be good to see others typical results... and how they change morning/evening pre training and post training!

Bit of a shock to think I have a 20kg disc equivalent of fat! I might start including these on my log to see if volume/intensity effect the results on a consistent diet.
» A case for acceleration! (Go to post)26-04-2014 @ 17:10 
Post Edited: 26.04.2014 @ 17:13 PM by AMH_Power
DeanW92 said:do you apply this to squats etc? e.g when you see eric lilliebridge warming up with 60,100,140kg etc you will see him accelarate through the full motion causing the bar to leave his shoulders. most people will try explode out of the hole then slow down midway.

I certainly do, and the bar does leave my shoulders, especially warming up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr5rX_igRik

My last third is always that fastest part of my lift, especially on bench!
This is purely a biproduct of this movement pattern/visualization, most prevelant on my last rep, if I didn't practice what I preached, this would've failed at the mid point when it nearly stopped, but it actually built up more speed.

Thanks for reading
» AMH's training log. Goal, 800+ Raw @100kg. (Go to post)26-04-2014 @ 14:50 
Today's session, week 2 bench session 2.

Bar x 10
100 x 2

160 x 2
160 x 2
160 x 2
160 x 2
160 x 2
160 x 2

Light bent over rows purely for muscular balance, 3x8.

Was really easy but no where near as fast as I want it to be.

Cheers
» AMH's training log. Goal, 800+ Raw @100kg. (Go to post)26-04-2014 @ 14:46 
MrSmall said:Quick question there Aaron.
How long would you do your 80% of target day? As in how many weeks ofthat same session with same weight. What was your opinion on belts, i remember you mitht have mentioned them but not sure. On the other squat day if you were doing 2 a week, could you do the daily max + down sets?

Yes defo. Also the 80% time is usually a long one, sometimes up to 6 months, but until it's silly easy and rapid.... It's probably no longer 80% at this stage!

With my standard routine I'm doing now, it will stay at 80% until I'm hitting new maxes at 1x1.
» Paul Savage training log (Go to post)26-04-2014 @ 13:24 
Tom_Martin said:Alright ladies calm down, you're BOTH very pretty...

You do know I'm only 5'8 on a good day and don't have too much hair right?
» Paul Savage training log (Go to post)26-04-2014 @ 13:23 
JackRevans said:
especially when the insults were all on a public forum for all your mates to see and the apology is in private. Its like at school when someone tries to look cool by bullying the weird kid in front of the popular kids and then saying "you know im only joking right?" when they've all gone

Absolutely agreed Jack, and it's this reason why I opened my PM by asking him to publicly copy it to the forums on my behalf as I had a block on how many posts I can send.

I have no drama in holding my own, and admitting that I was in the wrong to try win one over on Paul at every opportunity for no reason at all other than I was being a tit.

We do have conflicts in ideologies, as is the nature of being human, and these differences somehow became an unnecessary bitterness. Paul genuinely has my utmost apology.

But, in all honesty, please don't try belittle my efforts to make amends on a public forum, you are passively trying to undo what I'm trying to fix... it's hard enough.
» Paul Savage training log (Go to post)26-04-2014 @ 12:58 
Post Edited: 26.04.2014 @ 13:00 PM by AMH_Power
PaulSavage said:Ok so Aaron just messaged me (he used too many posts in 24 hours to do it here), he said sorry and said reading over his posts, for every awesome post (his words lol) he makes, he also makes a bellend one. I of course did not accept his sorry like he asked, why would i? All he's been to me is a bellend. I have not seen any 'awesome'.

He also said the axle was over 200 but he does not know how much by and it sounds like he's done a partial deadlift against his thighs (to be confirmed by video).

I can post from my phone but not pc for some reason. The quote above was from the axle owner who witnessed me do it, he said it was over 200 but he can't remember the exact number.

I've apologised, and you told me to f**k off. It wasn't a simple sorry, I was as humble as I could be. With the 'awesome' I was referring to the feedback and responses, so don't try play devils advocate with how my wording was.

I will video the axel, and like I said, it's on a fixed unit with wheels/tires so the starting height is noticeably higher than a normal bar. I admitted at the start I know nothing about strongman, and don't claim to. But I achieved what I said on the bar I said.

I'm going to try conclude here as I am portraying myself as a full on tit, and have no place commenting on people's goals regardless of their attainability.

I shouldn't have being dragged into a pissing contest, and I fully respect Pauls achievements in grip, but I took to heart his comment about me never achieving anything, which was irrational.

A man can only give a sincere apology, other than sucking his dick which is not going to happen, id rather do some calf raises.

I'll leave it that, I don't expect any repair to be done, but it's a start in damage control.
» Paul Savage training log (Go to post)26-04-2014 @ 00:22 
PaulSavage said:
You also said you have one hand plate pinched three wide 15kg disks. You understand this is putting the plates smooth/flat side out, three together and picking them up?

The discs are slightly ridged, so would have to source smooth ones and retry

12345678910 ... 798081 ... 8788899091929394959697

You are here: HomeForumAMH_Power → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions