REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 3 members and 192 guests
You are here: HomeForumdannyboy73 → View All Posts

View All Posts: dannyboy73

12345678910 ... ... 535536537538539540541542543544545

» alternative we are (Go to post)21-06-2022 @ 16:51 
Post Edited: 21.06.2022 @ 17:01 PM by dannyboy73
No you are exactly right sir.

we intend to start making our own alcohol. Its on our to do list (although long, getting smaller...)

The stocking up on spirits is to use for barter if the economy nose dives before we have time to implement distilling or alcohol becomes probate or hard to come by.

This links back to my first post. We are preparing to be physically ready for anything, - we feel like we have been psychologically prepared for a long time now.

Nice link by the way....

Oh, and we got 2 punnets of ripe strawberries from the garden today for the kids. Half of my dinner tonight we have grown.

luki said:With all your fruit and veg would you not invest in a home alcohol distiller instead of buying alcohol? You make a recipe like this hard cider, then distill the cider to make apple snaps. You can follow the same directions for cherry, pear, peach, plums, berries.
If you use vegetables you make a wort like beer instead of a wine. Distill this and you've got poiteen. High starch veg means you've to add less sugar to get alcohol eg potato, turnip, swede, beets, corn, radish...

It's a great way to reduce waste by using up peels and windfall. Make sure to add campten pills to stop natural yeast making your cider vinegar.

www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/allotment/2011/oct/06/allo...

https://m-eur.vevor.com/water-distiller-c_10700?sort_by=price&order=asc
» alternative we are (Go to post)19-06-2022 @ 09:33 
My amazing wife has become highly skilled in a short period of time.

Her next goal is to learn how to jar food safely and start buying in the equipment.

Oh, and other good news, Ive started a new site decient rates and have been placed on the technical facework with a good fella as a buddy. So no more heavey blocks for me Happy
» alternative we are (Go to post)19-06-2022 @ 09:27 
yet another top up.

Woke up feeling spooked.

So, I'm off to the shops with 1k to spend on tinned food and have decided to purchase some spirits to barter with latter...

Oh, and chain saw has been serviced.
» alternative we are (Go to post)18-06-2022 @ 18:00 
like the cut of this mans jib.

» Put myslelf back together-AGAIN (Go to post)18-06-2022 @ 14:35 
Me and the twins did well in our grading, Magnus failed. This took the shine off the results.

couple of hip kettlebell thrusters

good mornings
43k x 10
63k x 6
68 x 5
73 x 5
78 x 3
83 x 3
88 x 2

slds
upto 123k x 5. back a bit twinge, left it there.
» alternative we are (Go to post)18-06-2022 @ 14:30 
caulies all harvested and replacing with purple broccoli in this bed.

beetroot 3 inches across to be harvested today. we have had about 12 ripe strawberries so far, they seem to prefer being in pots and above the ground in hanging baskets. will rig up a new system for next year.
» Put myslelf back together-AGAIN (Go to post)15-06-2022 @ 20:12 
some light hammers upto 30k x 12
some light ez curl ss with standing french press upto 40k x 12
some forearm work

had grading last night. didnt go well, lets see how we all get on tomorrow with the results.
» alternative we are (Go to post)14-06-2022 @ 17:40 
Post Edited: 14.06.2022 @ 17:41 PM by dannyboy73
we have a ripe strawberry already

we are harvesting all our caluies before they go bad or get attacked as they are all about 6-8 inches across...we plan to blanch and freeze most of them

I am also helping a workmate to build a poly greenhouse in his garden.
» alternative we are (Go to post)14-06-2022 @ 17:37 
Post Edited: 14.06.2022 @ 20:59 PM by dannyboy73
GB new mate.

Since December its like the ropes have been cut, like theyve been given the green light to speak freely.

Mark Steyn is under investigation from Offcom - for having vaccine injured victims/ relatives affected by vaccine injured family on his show...But GB news still havent pulled his show and hes getting bolder, as they all are.

AdamT said:
I am surprised he is till being given a platform to speak?
» alternative we are (Go to post)13-06-2022 @ 18:24 
shes lucky to have you as a grandson.

Youve got your priorities right. Rare in this day and age mate.

Funky_monkey said:

"My elderly gran has fallen over twice in the last week after an eye operation. Her vision is good in one eye so she has depth perception issues". İt's all true apart from the last week bit. She fell over twice in April. I'll be claiming about 5 hours work a day. Leaving Thursday night.
» alternative we are (Go to post)13-06-2022 @ 17:00 
Post Edited: 13.06.2022 @ 17:01 PM by dannyboy73
This whole working at home can only result is wages going down[

hope you get to get away with it though Wink

quote]Funky_monkey said:After looking at the daily growth of my daikon radishes, I've decided I won't be bothering with normal varieties any more. Tuesday last week they were the size of a cigarette butt, 6 days later they are the size of a large thumb, and lord knows how much is growing below the ground.

Might be going to Cyprus in the next couple of days - bit of time relaxing fishing, fixing the gym a bit (guttering and pouring some concrete for my gazebo underneath the grape vines). Have to see if I can convince my boss that I can work there, but there's no internet at mine so i might have to hang out at my neighbour's house and at my friend's house.
» alternative we are (Go to post)13-06-2022 @ 16:59 
Might give this a whirl sir.

luki said:I've been eating bbq cauliflower with buffalo sauce (ketchup, tobasco and white wine vinegar) lately. Makes a nice change from cauliflower cheese.
Radish and celery goes well with it dipped in mayo, gorgonzola and sour cream sauce. Better eating than chicken wings.
» alternative we are (Go to post)13-06-2022 @ 16:57 
scruffmcbuff said:Uk fertiliser factory shut down

Let the big brother I wish I have respond...

» alternative we are (Go to post)12-06-2022 @ 10:42 
So...

we pulled back the leaves and saw that the caulies are approx 6-8 inches accross.we harvested one today and some broccoli.

Will replace with purple as we go.

we wont be starving Grin
» Whatever happened to the mentally disabled guy who'd throw bands on stuff (Go to post)12-06-2022 @ 10:39 
Lol just seen this post

Classic sir

Funky_monkey said:
Have you read the bible?

12345678910 ... ... 535536537538539540541542543544545

You are here: HomeForumdannyboy73 → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions