REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 193 guests
You are here: HomeForumRobbo91 → View All Posts

View All Posts: Robbo91

12345678910 ... ... 1718192021222324252627

» Operation 700 - Get better at deadlift or cripple myself trying (Go to post)29-06-2016 @ 09:01 
Looking very strong lately mate,
Keep up the good work.
» Square one for one square (Go to post)28-06-2016 @ 15:34 
Glad to hear you've come out of this alive.
Best wishes to you and your family going forward. Can't imagine what you've been through.

Good luck with the high calorie diet, might turn out to be fun.
» EU vote (Go to post)25-06-2016 @ 15:56 
scruffmcbuff said:https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics...

British people have no f**king spine. Atleast have the front to stand by your choice.
No just s**t your pants and panic because it hasnt turned in to a bed a roses the second the vote came out.
Oi vay.

I agree, it also shows the lack of knowledge of the subject that people had before voting.
» EU vote (Go to post)24-06-2016 @ 12:27 
Boar said:how pompous !

Yeah you're right, let me clarify a bit.

It just annoys me when I've heard people saying 'I'll just vote for the top option whatever that is' and equally as daft reasons.
Everyone has a right to an opinion and I don't have to agree with them, but if they are based on any form of logic or good reason I will respect them. But for me too many people just don't take it seriously. I am very much for democracy, I just wish people would appreciate it a bit more and do a bit of thinking before voting.
» EU vote (Go to post)24-06-2016 @ 09:59 
StevenFatty said:The biggest argument against democracy is a conversation with your average voter.

Spot on.
» World Deadlift Championship Predictions (Go to post)23-06-2016 @ 19:52 
Post Edited: 23.06.2016 @ 19:52 PM by Robbo91
Nothing yet for me that suggests he's much better than last year. Last year I thought he looked like he could've pulled 480kg, nothing to say he's any better than that this year yet (that 457.5kg without a belt was hugely impressive).

I think Eddie will pull a very easy looking 465kg, making it look a lot simpler than everyone else and then fail to pull 500kg all the way.
» Physiotheraphy vs Osteopathy (Go to post)22-06-2016 @ 17:02 
I've had a very positive experience with my osteopath. I had lower back pain for over a year and had tried sports therapists and masseuses to little to no results. 3 sessions with the osteopath and I was miles better, 18 months down the line in pain free and go back only if I act like a dickhead in the gym and hurt myself again.

However I will say, and there's every chance this is resulted purely to my individual osteopath, he never really explained what was wrong and the adjustments he makes seem a bit 'one size fits all'. He does the same thing to me, a 21 stone weightlifter, and my wife who is 10 stone and a swimmer.

But I don't have pain anymore so it has worked. If you've got the money then go for it. I had health insurance that covered it because 50 quid a time for a few weeks running adds up quite quickly.
» World Deadlift Championship Predictions (Go to post)20-06-2016 @ 17:48 
chalk said:
I went that year and if I remember rightly, quite a lot of the ESM competitors got injured before or during the competition proper as a result of the deadlift. That said, the deadlift competition made for an excellent day out

Yeah I was there as well. Lalas got injured. Loz tore a lat. Eddie pulled out after that 461. Wildauer never finished. Only 5 out of 10 finished the comp I think.
» World Deadlift Championship Predictions (Go to post)17-06-2016 @ 17:37 
FAT_SAM said:
Biggest muscular arms in the world... They are f**king huge gotta be 25 inches.

I saw a photo on his twitter a while ago measuring them at 25"
» World Deadlift Championship Predictions (Go to post)16-06-2016 @ 23:21 
AdamT said:Other than grip and risk of injury, do straps benefit deadlifts? Can you lift more?

I haven't wore straps.

If you're aren't going to blow your hand apart you can pull faster off the floor.

Also I think figure of 8s can shorter your RoM slightly if you can get the bar right on your fingertips. Eds 461 showed that if I recall correctly.
» Best deadlifter (Go to post)15-06-2016 @ 20:31 
scruffmcbuff said:
did it work??

No, not even slightly.
» Best deadlifter (Go to post)15-06-2016 @ 17:59 
Miky111 said:
the reason why they are so much stronger is because their brain doesn't limit them like ours does
we subconsciously aren't allowed to use our full strength so we don't get injured or tear our tendons and muscles
but that's why you also have cases of humans displaying superhuman strength in times of distress, where the brain basically says "f*** it"

I had an old training partner who went to a hypnotherapist to try and learn this exact thing. He wanted to 'be able to go full orangutan' in his own words.
» Muscle ache on waking up (Go to post)06-06-2016 @ 18:45 
I've had a similar thing despite smashing water in me non stop. Been on these High 4 Zero electrolyte tablets for the last few days and it's helped massively. Cheers Sam.
» WST, strongest team? (Go to post)06-06-2016 @ 11:21 
LaTuta said:
Off the floor he is a little bit weak BUT
He is near unbeatable at deadlifts like hummer tire etc

True, ridiculously strong lower back.
» WST, strongest team? (Go to post)06-06-2016 @ 10:44 
LaTuta said:
Mark Felix has pulled over 420kg.
He has pulled that years ago when 420 were really big.

I've seen him do 420, didn't know he'd done more than that. I saw him do it at Europes a couple of years ago when Benni pulled 461, I thought he failed 420 last year.

He's obviously a great deadlifter, but has always been better at reps than top end weight.

12345678910 ... ... 1718192021222324252627

You are here: HomeForumRobbo91 → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions