REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 147 guests
You are here: HomeForumTurtle → View All Posts

View All Posts: Turtle

» Component Based Periodization (Go to post)12-09-2015 @ 18:38 
Absolutely; there is no trend other than rate of improvement, with intermediate and advanced improving FASTER than absolute beginners. Crazy or what....

Have you considered the reason the intermediate and advance progress quicker is because of the advanced GPP within the muscles. When I did the first squat session I was amazed at how hard the session was when looked at on paper (although I have to admit I really enjoy a bulls out squat session)
» Component Based Periodization (Go to post)12-09-2015 @ 18:10 
[quote)For reference, you are the 17th (out of 17) to make the same claim of a profound improvement on week 3 (over week 1); Something I would be quick to dismiss if it wasn't something I had experienced and seen with my own eyes.

100% success rate is excellent, you will be publishing a book soon - have you also looked at ages and experience to gage if there is a trend?
» Component Based Periodization (Go to post)12-09-2015 @ 15:16 
Just finished my first strength Meso and results are looking good. Over the 3 weeks I have improved in all 3 lifts but more importantly for me was how easy the first weeks totals became in week 3:

Box Squat - 180 week 1, 190 week 3.
Board press (3 rep board)- 140 week 1, 147.5 week 3.
deficit deadlift - 180 week 1, 195 week 3.
» Component Based Periodization (Go to post)01-09-2015 @ 22:00 
AMH_Power said:
From what I've seen, the most experienced lifters make the biggest jump in progress; not sure why although I could speculate. I need to test more with more people to make any bold statements on top of what I already am

I'm halfway through my first strength meso so ill let you know how i'm getting on at the end of each cycle.
» Component Based Periodization (Go to post)01-09-2015 @ 22:00 
AMH_Power said:
From what I've seen, the most experienced lifters make the biggest jump in progress; not sure why although I could speculate. I need to test more with more people to make any bold statements on top of what I already am

I'm halfway through my first strength meso so ill let you know how i'm getting on at the end of each cycle.
» Component Based Periodization (Go to post)08-08-2015 @ 11:27 
AMH_Power said:
I tend to do 1 strength, 1 weakness and 1 prehab/rehab
Or another great choice is 3-plane...
So on a pull day:
Shrug (upwards pull)
Bent over row (horizontal pull)
Lat pull down (downwards pull)
On a press day:
Ohp (upward press)
Dumbbell press (horizontal press)
Tricrp ext (downward press)
Such a set up is great when further away from comp as it will cover the most part....

Thanks, I will putting something together and start next week..
» Component Based Periodization (Go to post)08-08-2015 @ 10:51 
AMH_Power said:
I too am training 4 days a week and my gains are soaring....
Mon - Squat
Tue - Bench
Thu - Deadlift
Fri - Altered grip bench to stress weakness (wider grip at the min to fix weak pecs).
However.... I tend to do dead accessory after squat, and squat accessory after dead. This tends to allow me to go a little heavier on the supplementary stuff. Also, Fridays accessory I do all the nancy stuff like stretching

Sounds sensible, although I need to do a bit more of that nancy stuff now adays - the curse of going past your 40's.

How many accessory exercises would you recommend, would two to three on the main lift days be enough?
» Component Based Periodization (Go to post)08-08-2015 @ 08:36 
Aaron,

The program looks great, I can see now why you have been raving about it so much on Facebook and I will let you know how I get on with it. I'm currently hammering a West side variant at the moment but finding the 4 days a week draining (must be my age Happy )

Dave
You are here: HomeForumTurtle → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions