REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 135 guests
You are here: HomeForumBenJW → View All Posts

View All Posts: BenJW

» WSM 2019 (Go to post)16-06-2019 @ 23:41 
Post Edited: 16.06.2019 @ 23:49 PM by BenJW
Well if the chat is correct the newest trend in fitness is going to be oranges and saying the latter half of your name as a shout then. all seriousness hell of a way to cement your win.
no confirmation.

*edit CHART*
» WSM 2019 (Go to post)16-06-2019 @ 23:16 
PeterDeLaMare said:Results starting to come through for stones now.

I couldnt have picked a worse time to write some bo***cks to fill out the time waiting for em haha.
» WSM 2019 (Go to post)16-06-2019 @ 23:15 
It's been an odd comp.

Seems like they were throwing ideas at the wall the problem is with strongman new clever ideas can get people badly hurt I like more variety in events because strongman is in danger of getting a bit boring but f**k anyone who gives their guys a week to be ready for a 600kg yoke.

I also hate the last man standing as much as i am happy for the guys who got through kearny and novikov were basically the better men though cant complain as they knew the comp coming up.

But seriously a single event is the worst thing because they take so much skill to git gud at and always favours certain people imagine being 2nd in heats and 20 pts ahead or something and having to deadlift hold against glenn ross. may as well start the car and drive out...

Interesting the guys who prepared by working much more on conditioning and such are the ones showing through.

Please that Bish and the stoltmans made it to the finals all three just get that bit better each year im hoping hixxy will join them next time.
» Former World's Strongest Man Magnus Samuelsson still looks pretty strong (Go to post)08-06-2017 @ 08:35 
His Hand / Gripping strength has always been among the very best in the world honestly if there's anywhere id say he'd still beat most people its with grip.

Well him and Joe Kinney.
» World's Strongest Man 2017 (Go to post)28-05-2017 @ 16:52 
Post Edited: 28.05.2017 @ 16:54 PM by BenJW
So happy for Eddie to win, great to see the title come to the UK for the first time since 1993

yiannis said:Brilliant for ed so made up for him!

Ive said it before and I'll say it now (probably get some stick) I don't think Thor will ever win a wsm title!
He has everything he needs to win and I would love him too but something tells me he will be the strongest man never to win it!

Riku Kiri syndrome: When you can Beat anyone for a title but for some reason don't. (well outside of the fact that if there was an Arnold back then Kiri would have more likely won that and he beat every great strongman of the 80's and 90's in comps at one point or another but yeah...)

Still Big Z got 3 second places before he started winning so Thor has his chances he and Eddie are on very similar level. pretty easily forgotten Thor beat Eddie by practically the same margin at Europes before that. I like it when either wins because they are the two of the most popular guys who are young and hitting the crest of the wave both are better fit for marketing of this era with all the conor Mcgregors of the world too so I am hoping it will raise the profile of strongman more and more.
» Very strong bodybuilder (Go to post)03-02-2017 @ 23:09 
Well there's Stan Efferding A bodybuilder who beats most power lifters and strongmen of any class in lifting.

Dude has a 2300lbs total at 275lb and is one of the greatest strength athletes ever despite basically saying he's a bodybuilder and nothing else.
» No gym, not much equipment, no money, and out of shape ...good start.. (Go to post)04-07-2016 @ 16:04 
Okay so restart of which I will post my last two workouts in retrospect and a journal rant about some things.
I get a bit quiet and shy about posting this stuff but i need somewhere to record what i do as i lose bits of paper easily so why not do it here and leave it to the judgement of hundreds of massively powerful human beings who train?

just a double note bodyweight is currently 327lb so heavier than previous not feeling or looking particularly fat though.
after leaving boxing and generally retiring from martial arts i am training more for sheer strength, not sure where i will get with any of it though i think i am capable of being a threat at the local level after a good deal of training.

some things to bear in mind before proceeding because yes my PR total is big. I am in remission from Ulcerative Colitis at last i nearly died and lost some 90lb of muscle and wnet aneamic from the ongoing issues and it relapsed twice so I am nohere near as strong as i was, on the plus side i am much more technically better now so the build up while slow will mean i should get stronger than before in a couple years.

I train at home and dont want to die so i never go to failure or try for max lifts (except deadlift though i only have so much weight..) because if i fail i will get hurt and i live where it takes months to find bodies and I do everything 100% raw, no belt chalk suit ply wraps anything, i do this not because i think i am tough but because i want to get my body used to discomfort and raw lifts first before adding a belt and chalk and such.

luckily i have a power rack and couple implements to help with work.

Squat day:

Decided to go quite high on the intensity on this one with a pyramid of squats.
Started at:

60 kg warm up set of 5 strict squats.
Moved up through:

10 reps at 80
10 reps at 90
5 reps at 100
5 reps at 110
5 at 120
3 at 130
3 at 150

2 x5 reps at 170kg at the top.
form went a bit s**tty at the end.

then declining

3 reps 150
3 reps 100
10 reps 80

after that I stripped the weight and left 50 kg on.

Pause squats in the hole with my best possible form.

20 reps going all the way down pausing at 10 seconds in the bottom per rep.
I took about 30 seconds between each rep to take the bar off and chill.
Needless to say this humbled me more than the Iron Sheik.

stretched for about 30 mins.
No assistance exercises or any fancy pants work as this session really hammered me.

took 2 days until the next workout.

decided to start actually listening to the copious advice given to me on nutrition by much better people than I which was stop being a girly girl and start eating more protein creatine and gainer to fuel up.
I have and its worked as everyone knows it would.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shoulder day: I had a very strong cappuccino and creatine dose before this so the workout was quite the marathon of energy.

Started off with a nice warm up of a couple sets of 10 single light dumbbell presses.
also did a few reps of raises.

Shoulder press: again pyramid work, because I can though I never go to the max on it and will be taking some light sessions too , burning out is not desirable, while i have good genes i am still a natty guy who works out entirely raw on the lifts so i will need recovery as much as possible.

Anyways straight forward work

2 x 5 reps 60 kg barbell shoulder press
4x5 : 55kg log press

4x5 shoulder barbell press 80kg.

Zydrunas press 5x5: 45 kg (like the pause squats this exercise makes you humble like Iron sheik would.)

5 reps BTN press just 40 kg on this not really looking to go heavy n hard or any real purpose besides a little extra work from a different angle.

front raises superset with plate press : 3x 12
Side raises superset with plate press: 3 x 10

Bonus triceps session:
Did a bit of triceps work on that day as my benching is a little iffy atm

Tricep extension 5 x10
Bench Dips : 4 x 15

took another day and a half off after this my routine is basically train then have a rest day then train and if i go very hard take a couple days off.

today will be deadlifts: feeling a bit rough so will be a light/ technical day probs
» No gym, not much equipment, no money, and out of shape ...good start.. (Go to post)30-09-2015 @ 16:45 
Mondays workout
Chest ..etc

Warm up
Push up: 10x10
med ball press up: 4x10
close grip press: 3x10
Dumbbell flye 4x10
Tricep extensions : 5x10
Dips : 3x10
Med ball throw : 30
Kickbacks 2x 30
Weighted twist: 50

felt alright throughout though a little slow, constant insomnia not helping still completed with as much weight as i normally handle. the better the shape the better i will be when it comes to really pushing the weight.
» No gym, not much equipment, no money, and out of shape ...good start.. (Go to post)26-09-2015 @ 17:24 
Post Edited: 26.09.2015 @ 17:27 PM by BenJW
So I wandered onto here and after a bit of time I decided to start my training journal for here with some training not befitting this place much lol
I am also far from as strong or in shape as i used to be thanks to life threatening illness that put me out for a year and a half of no training (or work or, much at all meh) and a year caring for someone with no free time.. bla bla problems we all have em.
I am generally wary about posting about my training more from shyness than secrecy.

Currently 6ft3 and around 135- 140kg (dont weigh myself too often i go by body shape)

Still once i get moved home and things sorted i can at least get back to a gym and kick it into a higher gear, my training is erratic thanks to the fact that i have hardly any real equipment besides a strongman log with no addable weights, a barbell loaded with a rusty 100Kg, a med ball a coc number 2.5 and 3 and two 16kg dumbbells...

Still that's enough really there's trainers who have done more with less but in the absence of heavy weights i have to make up with reps and callisthenics.
Eventually I'd like to drop the fat (as i am a bit fat) and increase the strength a bit for now i need to improve my deadlift my whole total is unawesome because of my awful deadlift.

I take a little protein now and then and thats about it.

I box 2x a week or jump rope and shadow box for an hour or so if i dont make it so that generally does my cardio.

The split is currently 5 days a week for lifting.

Once I get to a new gym I will do a new journal as i want to get more into heavier lifts and strongman a bit more hopefully.

So it was back day : goes without saying but I very strict in form because I dont have heavy weights.

Warm up (ofc)

Deadlift 5x10 then 1x fail (6 reps this time) (rusty 100kg barbell version)
Deadlift hold: I have no idea I just held it for a bit until I couldnt no more.

Log row 5x 10 (60)
Alt Dumbbell row 4x12 (i hold one in contraction while repping the other gives a good burn) also not noting weight as its lightish dumbbels

Medicine ball slam (i use a 12kilo one) : 30
Shrugs Barbell : 1x8 dumbbell: 3x20 (stupid rusty barbell...cant drop the weight)

Neck bridge: 20
Neck extensions (i use one of the dumbbells on my forehead)
4 x 14

Gripper: heavy grip 200 for warm up (200 what i dont know) then COC 3 for max effort (usually 3-5 goes at partial reps or one or two full reps) then a COC 2.5 for 5 reps each hand and inverse.

Stretch and a few yoga poses (barback and diamond cutter, down dog and cobra) to finish.

No real cardio as such for this one.
You are here: HomeForumBenJW → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions