View All Posts: stainless

12345678910 ... ... 1920212223242526272829

» New Highland Games Book (Go to post)28-01-2015 @ 19:54 
Hi James,sent you a PM
» Strongman Kit for Sale (Go to post)06-12-2013 @ 16:15 
steve32 said:
u making a come back laddie?

Yeh, i'm setting my sights on the Masters 2024

Tongue Tongue I just like to play about with the stones and log in my back garden.
» Strongman Kit for Sale (Go to post)05-12-2013 @ 13:23 
Post Edited: 05.12.2013 @ 13:23 PM by stainless
Just bought three stones and IFSA log off Ray couple of weeks ago.Great kit, excellent condition,bargain of the year.Don't hang about.
» Strength Shop - new products and updates (Go to post)01-07-2013 @ 20:46 
Can you give me a bit more info on your slam/medicine balls: What are the dimensions? What is the weight inside made of? What kind of sufface can they safely be dropped onto? Thanks.
» who do you think... (Go to post)08-02-2013 @ 15:03 
herman said:Sports would be some American Football person I imagine. For Women id say either of the Williams sisters. (this is if we are not including niche track n field stuff like hammer throw)

Actor; Maybe Dwayne Johnson now, but David Prowse (darth vader) is worth a mention even though he is dead now.

Singer; 50 cent sounds about right.

don't be so quick to kill off Dave Prowse.
» why thread closed (Go to post)07-02-2013 @ 16:59 
so are we now preempting peoples responses to a thread? Thats not moderating that's over moderating.
» why thread closed (Go to post)07-02-2013 @ 16:52 
why close the thread about peds in Australia? surely if it's good enough for the bbc sugden can handle it?
» What-o folks! (Go to post)24-01-2013 @ 17:21 
Post Edited: 24.01.2013 @ 17:22 PM by stainless
As mainstream gyms go Virgin is probably the best of a bad bunch in Glasgow.But there is currently a rather nasty and prolonged outbreak of ILS (imaginary lat syndrome) the symptoms also seem to include extreme loudness,verbal diarrhea and an inability to put weights away. So long as you wear your flip flops in the changing area you may escape it.
» SCOTLAND'S STRONGEST MAN QUALIFIER 2013 (Go to post)13-01-2013 @ 13:13 
Luke 125.5 1st
Stevie 120.5 2nd
John 93 3rd
Tom 92.5 4th
Mark 89.5 5th
Nick 86 6th
Bren 75.5 7th
Stuart 75 8th
Lee 73.5 9th
Gary 73 10th
Davy 71.5 11th
Lewis 66 12th
John 64.5 13th
Brian 63 14th
Ken 62.5 15th
Colin 57.5 16th
Neil 44 17th
Euan 39.5 18th
Ian 38.5 19th
Danny 30 20th
James 27 21st
Sean 19 22nd
» SCOTLAND'S STRONGEST MAN QUALIFIER 2013 (Go to post)13-01-2013 @ 12:46 
Post Edited: 13.01.2013 @ 17:10 PM by stainless
Strongmen are like buses-you wait for one for ages and then four all come along at once. This qualifier will be remembered as the year of new faces. Good all round performances from just about everyone. No slackers.No prima-donnas.Great atmosphere ,good crowd and as expected from the Master Blaster Stuart Murray and crew another well thought out and well executed professional comp.
There’s a new kid in town and his name’s Luke Stoltman, big, strong, athletic and although lacking comp experience, non too shabby in technique. His arm over arm and shield carry being especially impressive.
Thomas Parkes,still a junior,although he looks like he’s been in long trousers for some time, also displayed incredible potential and really looked like he was nowhere near flat out throughout the whole day. Despite a couple of little novice mistakes like a missed dumbell rep, a dropped deadlift and twenty second break for cramp during the arm over arm he easily coasted into a half point off third place. His 185kg stone load was the easiest i’ve seen and had the 210 been rolled out i’d have fancied his chances at loading that too.
Newbie number three was Mark Hunter,looks like he could be Nathan Jones’s wee brother, Mark was outstanding and just didn’t really put a foot wrong the whole day,again his arm over arm was flawless, only about two seconds behind Luke in an event that only about 7 out of 22 finished.
Next-the Milky Bar kid Nick Foxall. At only 20 years old this baby faced assassin has truck loads of potential. I’ll say it right here-this guy is another Marius, but only if someone takes him in hand and actually does some serious event training with him. 8 solid reps on the 280 deadlift. Despite doing the loading event like a house-wife who’d won a 90 second trolley dash through Tesco and stopping the arm over arm with 6 inches to go and 10 sec still on the clock he still secured a 6th place, a place which in no way reflects his true potential.
So that’s the 4 new faces,elsewhere John(IRON FIST) Hutton had a stand out day with 11 reps on the deadlift-no straps,”never used them” says John,good stone run, consistent throughout.
Stevie Cherry, who no doubt came to the comp expecting just to have to look out for Ken, appeared to take his foot off the gas a little when he saw his nemesis faltering, could not have expected the performance that came from Luke.
The big surprise of the comp has to be the current champ’s failure to qualify. Ken,it has to be said has had a bad year last year, out with a detached bicep. He started off with an explosive first event taking 2nd to Stevie, and from the shield carry on it all seemed to fall apart-cramp in his back, cramp in his hamstrings, and even on the stones we could all see his hand and wrist cramp up. So perhaps some diet or hydration problems he’ll have to sort out.
Conventionally, somebody at some point pulls out the final. So with 14 places and Ken sitting in first reserve we will see if he draws inspiration from Rocky Balboa “it ain’t how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep going forward” and bounce back to fight for his title.Either way the final is looking interesting and the Scottish strongman scene a bit healthier.
On a side note, the comp within a comp for best beard was closely fought between Gary and Brian, Brian won by a whisker.
Well done everyone, sorry if i didn’t mention you, you all did great.
Roll on the final.
Full final scores to follow.
» Gladiators (Go to post)10-12-2012 @ 15:57 
martinb said:I remember on the old one the competitors had to do a really endurance based entry test, lots of running, and chins, so basically you ended up with dweebs that Shadow could snap in half

On the recent one, one of the Gladiators was huge and bearded, then he turned up in the WWE even huger

the entry test back in the day,for the original series i mean, was 800metres on the treadmill in under 2mins 30secs for guys, 1 minute rest, 10 full underhand chins with a pause at the bottom,1 min rest, then straight into rounds with the pugil stick. pretty tough really. if you scored high only then you had to have a personality test. I remember a guy i was at uni with got top marks, beat just about everybody at the trials,but he has zero personality so never got chosen.
» Maybe this will be the year Thor takes the WSM trophy back to Iceland? (Go to post)02-10-2012 @ 11:47 
I said:I predict Lalas as this year's dark horse.

i was close. looked like a great final.
» metabolic typing (Go to post)06-09-2012 @ 17:39 
anyone tried metabolic typing, anyone got any thoughts on it?
» world team strongman comp (Go to post)15-08-2012 @ 14:34 
so i was told, it's the other arm i think.
» world team strongman comp (Go to post)15-08-2012 @ 14:31 
martinb said:Does anyone know who was in team Scotland?

Are there any strongmen who have been in the game a few years and HAVEN'T torn a bicep?

was it not Frank Connelly and Bren Powers? i think Bren tore his bicep.

12345678910 ... ... 1920212223242526272829

You are here: HomeForumstainless → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions