REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 113 guests
You are here: HomeForumWiegieboard → View All Posts

View All Posts: Wiegieboard

12345678910 ... 712713714 ... 746747748749750751752753754755756

» SuperSteel101's Training Log (Go to post)20-12-2010 @ 05:31 
You're one explosive f**ker man. I really wish that I could perform with velocity like that. Real nice deadlifts.
» Stretches you can't get by without doing frequently (Go to post)20-12-2010 @ 05:20 
Post Edited: 20.12.2010 @ 05:54 AM by Wiegieboard
Hamstrings:
I have a lot of scar tissue in my hamstrings so have to make sure I stretch them from time to time.

Glutes:
I find that my glutes can get very tight. Used to manage fitting my legs behind my head, now I can't get them within a foot of my head.

Adductors:
These can get very tight on me also. I have to keep them flexible for mountaineering.

Was discussing flexibility with a training partner yesterday. I believe in a long gradual warmup before training. Don't like static stretching before performance but believe that foam rolling is very good. Dynamic has been useful for me in the past however but I doubt I'd really use it too heavily before training.
Static stretches are something that I sometimes use after training to hit my problem areas and re-lengthen the muscles to their correct state.
» Wiegieboard gets his grunt on. (Go to post)19-12-2010 @ 22:56 
Post Edited: 19.12.2010 @ 22:59 PM by Wiegieboard
David Lloyd day 2

Recovery, tissue work
10x 1 length front crawl followed by tissue work based on what I'm feeling. Pressure massaged hamstrings, quads, hip flexors, adductors, abductors and glute inserts as well as upper traps and rear delts. Couldn't work my sorest point though which was my lower traps.

20 lengths breast stroke

a couple of lengths modified frontcrawl work to help stretch out delts, lats and intercostals.

10 minute flotation and relaxation.

Steam room
Sauna

3/4 hours relaxation on lounger.
» Wiegieboard gets his grunt on. (Go to post)19-12-2010 @ 22:45 
Post Edited: 19.12.2010 @ 22:50 PM by Wiegieboard
Bought a pass to David Lloyd for 5 quid which lasts 12 days.

Decided to do a session on Saturday 18th.

DAYTIME:

RACK PULLS(2 inches below patella)
4sets of 5reps with 120kg

HAMMER STRENGTH PULLDOWN
2 sets of 5 reps

HAMMER STRENGTH ROW
1 set of 5 reps

HAMSTRING CURLS
2 sets of 10 reps

NIGHT TIME:

Swim, sauna, chill out for aided recovery.
Shoot the s**t with the lads, eat some food, get recorded burping by training partner on video after many spirits in one glass.(see video)

Conclusion
Gym is clean, staff are nice, pool is great, bars are too chromed and don't have anywhere near enough knurling. Equipment is too clean and felt para about dropping plates on the ground because it's a solid concrete floor. Plenty of equipment however and there was next to nobody there.

» 14 year old training for rugby and powerlifting. (Go to post)17-12-2010 @ 23:34 
Your lifts are really coming on. That must have some carryover to the rugby from when you started. Very impressive progress you're one strong guy.
» Squats (Go to post)17-12-2010 @ 23:31 
Post Edited: 17.12.2010 @ 23:32 PM by Wiegieboard
I think along a similar mindset which is why I train only Low bar and Front squats. Doms after I do back squats feels very different from doms after front squats though both use similar or the same group of muscles. Each exercise seems to stress different parts of the group even though both exercises do use the same muscles. This is exactly why I try to use both fronties and low bar, because training one exercise wouldn't really hit me in the same places that the other exercise would even though both areas of the same muscle group are required to produce tension in both lifts.
The same muscles work in both fronties and low bar, just to a different extent which is why I feel that both exercises complement each other greatly.
I've personally come back to a stronger back squat after doing a block of fronties. I feel that it's the same as alternating high bar and low bar but to a much more effective difference.
Thoughts?

P.S. In all honesty I do train back squat more often, but I've been beginning to wonder if that has been a fault in my method having seen the carryover I get from front squats onto back squats.
» how do you know when your overtraining (Go to post)17-12-2010 @ 15:41 
ben66 said:Something I don't get-

Milsy trained for constantly for a prolonged period, took a week off and got a 20kg PB, came back rested and stronger.
Had he trained for that time and not had a rest week, would he have got the PB? If he did then why is he better off than having a rest week?

I see what you mean. Less training+more gaining seems like an ideal situation?
» 105kg YouTube Inspiration. (Go to post)17-12-2010 @ 14:41 
The more I watch strongman the more it looks as cool as f**k. That yoke looked absolutely horrible.
» Tobys training journal, v2. (Go to post)16-12-2010 @ 22:38 
And the 300 did fall
» I want to make an Olympic bar. (Go to post)16-12-2010 @ 22:37 
Rico said:
x2

x3!
» You're a redneck when....... (Go to post)16-12-2010 @ 22:36 
Lol I had a good chuckle at a few of those.
» SuperSteel101's Training Log (Go to post)16-12-2010 @ 16:09 
Nice PB.
It's defo on the move again aint it!
» Simon_T on the road to nowhere, my first journal. (Go to post)15-12-2010 @ 17:06 
Holy s**t what a session man! Look at those PBs!
» Whats wrong with these people (Go to post)15-12-2010 @ 16:57 
That guy who was standing still got knocked down by a car moving at slower than walking speed! What the f**k is wrong with those clowns?!
» calf problems (Go to post)15-12-2010 @ 16:52 
Post Edited: 15.12.2010 @ 16:53 PM by Wiegieboard
Big_Gray said:been suffering badly with my calfs lately. aching and throbbing loads. especailly during training and the day after.

just today i squatted down to play with my baby girl and after a few secs they went really tight n was painful to get back up. affecting walking somedays.

i rarely do any specific training for them these days but they are bigger than ever n very lean.

any one else had this or suffering this? allmost describe it as like having shin splints but obviusly in the calfs

You tried foam rolling? I don't have problems because theyre too big (mine are quite the opposite) but I had problems with mine 2 years ago that sounds very similar. I was doing a lot of fell running back then in really cold climates and I developed problems.
I foamrolled my calfs every second day and it worked a treat, I progressed to using a 1 liter carbonated drinks bottle and it eased them up farther.

P.S. I should have read the full thread lol. Someone else already suggested this s**t lol. I've heard a pvc pipe puts you in a world of pain but works wonders.

12345678910 ... 712713714 ... 746747748749750751752753754755756

You are here: HomeForumWiegieboard → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions