Paul Woods Wins ESM U105 Amid Controversy
26th June 2010 - Posted by Rob
Today saw Paul Woods crowned England's Strongest Man U105 in a closely fought battle, where he took the title by a single point over the impressive Mark Clegg.
Unfortunately there have already been numerous complaints about the organisation of the competition from those in attendance - including:
- Inaccurate scales - rumoured to be 5kg+ out
- Lack of split timing on stones and overhead medley
- Competitors taking part despite not being confirmed
- Long breaks resulting in the competition taking most of the day on one of the hottest days of the year
- Lack of scoreboard and clarification of standings
One competitor, Paul Cater, left mid-way through the competition apparently unhappy with the way it was being run.
For further information please see the comments thread, to see the final placings view the full article.