REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitLittle Help Please

Little Help Please

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

oggy22
Hi all

Happy New Year Happy

I'm looking for some help please.

For the last 18 months I've been trying to bulk up and have gone from around 13st to 16st 7lbs. I'm happy with this as my frame has got bigger and I'm no longer regarded as skinny haha which always did my head in.

The problem I now have is that I've got a bit of a belly coming on and I want to now start to try and strip back the extra flab while changing my gym routine so
that I tone up more.

I just wondered if anyone had any advise on how to do this? I think I know the changes I need to make in my diet but I also suffer from a medical condition that leaves me tired and run down a lot so i'm concerned about how reducing my calories and eating more lean proteins etc will effect my energy levels in the gym. Anyone got any 'energy foods' that don't boost you in the gym but don't add on the pounds?

Cheers
oggy22 said:Hi all

Happy New Year Happy

I'm looking for some help please.

For the last 18 months I've been trying to bulk up and have gone from around 13st to 16st 7lbs. I'm happy with this as my frame has got bigger and I'm no longer regarded as skinny haha which always did my head in.

The problem I now have is that I've got a bit of a belly coming on and I want to now start to try and strip back the extra flab while changing my gym routine so
that I tone up more.

I just wondered if anyone had any advise on how to do this? I think I know the changes I need to make in my diet but I also suffer from a medical condition that leaves me tired and run down a lot so i'm concerned about how reducing my calories and eating more lean proteins etc will effect my energy levels in the gym. Anyone got any 'energy foods' that don't boost you in the gym but don't add on the pounds?

Cheers

don't stop going heavy in a diet. 'toning up' (i.e. light weights for loads reps) will not preserve muscle and strength as well.
just reduce volume a little as you enter deficit.
oggy22
matthewvc said:
don't stop going heavy in a diet. 'toning up' (i.e. light weights for loads reps) will not preserve muscle and strength as well.
just reduce volume a little as you enter deficit.

So maybe same weight but for 1 less set or maybe instead of 10 reps do 8 reps and hopefully manage that with the less calories being consumed?
oggy22 said:
So maybe same weight but for 1 less set or maybe instead of 10 reps do 8 reps and hopefully manage that with the less calories being consumed?

if you've been doing lots of reps, i'd increase weight a bit and lower reps / sets if anything.
lets say you do 3 x 10 @ 100kg on a lift. do something like 3 x 5 @ 115kg. try to keep strength up.
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitLittle Help Please
Return to top View Desktop Site