Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumNutritioncheck out my post training mixture

check out my post training mixture

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

haydnward
Post Edited: 29.07.2012 @ 19:40 PM by haydnward
**THIS IS NOT A PROTEIN SHAKE/WEIGHT GAINER! THIS IS FOR THOSE WHO USE THE LIKES OF CELLTECH, ES PHOSPHAGEN, V12 AND OTHER CREATINE-CARB DRINKS:

after researching the net i saw afew drink recepies, however iv created this myself.

this is to make a 4 litre jug. this will provide 20 serving. you can just have one post train, or one pre train and a post train.

-into a 4litre jug (clean out a milk carton) add the following:
*1kg dextrose powder
*1/2 of a gatorade performance 02 packet (flavor of choice)
*6-8 scoops of bodybuilding wharehouse isoclear (also flavor of choice - try and get similar flavor as gatorade - eg both tropical)
-fill jug 1/2 and mix for good minute. top up the rest with of water, and keep in fridge.
-each serving is 200ml. worked it out roughly you will get 50g instant carbs and 25g protein, around 3g fat. good fast acting carbs and protein to replenish and repair.

you can get dextrose for £11.99/5kg, garotade pouches are around the £10 mark (need 2 pouches), the isoclear is 1kg for £25. the toal cost writen is £57 for ingredience to make a total of 80 servings (4 lots of the 4litre jugs). sounds alot, but works out at 71p per serving. however, if your only having one servingpre and post training , and only training 3-4 times a week, it will last ages, infact, 2 shakes per session, 4 sessions a week = 10 weeks!!!! however you could have them twice a day as a protein/carb drink if you choose to, but idealy used as a 'immediately after training drink'

however, if you wanted to make it a full supplimental (pre/post train all-in-one)
-in the pre/inter training, you can add your bcaa's.

-in the post train you could add:
*5g creatine
*5g glutamine
*scoop of bcaa powder (curently using muscletech amino max)
(just add the powders in and give a good shake)
- this would be a simular suppliment to cell-tech, but slightly different, however your getting the creatine and a fast acting carb to shuttle its absorbtion, but here, we have added 25g of the isoclear protein aswell.

if you wanted to just make it per serving/ cant be assed to make the jug, you just add 1 scoop of dextrose (50g), 1 scoop of gatorade (25g) and 1 scoop isoclear (30g) to 200ml water n mix. simples.

cell tech is roughly the same cost, however there is only 32 serving per contrainer, in which for first 5 days you need 2x day. so theres not even a mmonths worth in a tub. as you choose to add the creatine to this, you can just front load your creatine as a separate powder throughout day/ as needed, then add one serving of creatine to your post train serving. creatine monohydrate's like £11 for 1kg, again, dirt cheap and that will last you ages.

so there you have it. i plan to whack up a batch this week and start trying it. on paper it works and saves a load of ££ in the long run. thos i supose the only way is to try. going to get enought to make a singular 4litre jug first to test is out. ill let you guys know how i get on with it, or if you try it give your feedback. just thought i would share.
H
I just eat chocolate after training. Happy
Wouldn't really meet my needs.

500ml whole milk
50gr unflavoured whey
100gr maltodextrin

Simple as that.
VanillaGorilla said:Wouldn't really meet my needs.

500ml whole milk
50gr unflavoured whey
100gr maltodextrin

Simple as that.

Almost perfect. Just 5g of creatine monohydrate for the win.
haydnward
VanillaGorilla said:Wouldn't really meet my needs.

500ml whole milk
50gr unflavoured whey
100gr maltodextrin

Simple as that.

ok, in which case id just double the dose and have a 400ml serving. im mainly looking for rapid uptake. with the 200ml i plan to have it imediatly after training/ finished the last set, and by time i get home (20-30 mins later) have my big post meal carbs n protein.
this is more as a suppliment like cell tech, rather a protein shake type thing if that makes sence. could even be used as an intra-workout shake.
JohnGym said:
Almost perfect. Just 5g of creatine monohydrate for the win.

Yea, should have said that, if I'm taking creatine I have 3gr in my juice while I train, and 3gr in my post workout shake.

Not currently taking it so forgot to include it!
Post Edited: 29.07.2012 @ 19:29 PM by JohnGym
haydnward said:after researching the net i saw afew drink recepies, however iv created this myself.

this is to make a 4 litre jug. this will provide 20 serving. you can just have one post train, or one pre train and a post train.

-into a 4litre jug (clean out a milk carton) add the following:
*1kg dextrose powder
*1/2 of a gatorade performance 02 packet (flavor of choice)
*6-8 scoops of bodybuilding wharehouse isoclear (also flavor of choice - try and get similar flavor as gatorade - eg both tropical)
-fill jug 1/2 and mix for good minute. top up the rest with of water, and keep in fridge.
-each serving is 200ml. worked it out roughly you will get 50g instant carbs and 25g protein, around 3g fat. good fast acting carbs and protein to replenish and repair.

you can get dextrose for £11.99/5kg, garotade pouches are around the £10 mark (need 2 pouches), the isoclear is 1kg for £25. the toal cost writen is £57 for ingredience to make a total of 80 servings (4 lots of the 4litre jugs). sounds alot, but works out at 71p per serving. however, if your only having one servingpre and post training , and only training 3-4 times a week, it will last ages, infact, 2 shakes per session, 4 sessions a week = 10 weeks!!!! however you could have them twice a day as a protein/carb drink if you choose to, but idealy used as a 'immediately after training drink'

however, if you wanted to make it a full supplimental (pre/post train all-in-one)
-in the pre/inter training, you can add your bcaa's.

-in the post train you could add:
*5g creatine
*5g glutamine
*scoop of bcaa powder (curently using muscletech amino max)
(just add the powders in and give a good shake)
- this would be a simular suppliment to cell-tech, but slightly different, however your getting the creatine and a fast acting carb to shuttle its absorbtion, but here, we have added 25g of the isoclear protein aswell.

if you wanted to just make it per serving/ cant be assed to make the jug, you just add 1 scoop of dextrose (50g), 1 scoop of gatorade (25g) and 1 scoop isoclear (30g) to 200ml water n mix. simples.

cell tech is roughly the same cost, however there is only 32 serving per contrainer, in which for first 5 days you need 2x day. so theres not even a mmonths worth in a tub. as you choose to add the creatine to this, you can just front load your creatine as a separate powder throughout day/ as needed, then add one serving of creatine to your post train serving. creatine monohydrate's like £11 for 1kg, again, dirt cheap and that will last you ages.

so there you have it. i plan to whack up a batch this week and start trying it. on paper it works and saves a load of ££ in the long run. thos i supose the only way is to try. going to get enought to make a singular 4litre jug first to test is out. ill let you guys know how i get on with it, or if you try it give your feedback. just thought i would share.
H

This just seems like massively over complicating things to me.
haydnward said:
ok, in which case id just double the dose and have a 400ml serving. im mainly looking for rapid uptake. with the 200ml i plan to have it imediatly after training/ finished the last set, and by time i get home (20-30 mins later) have my big post meal carbs n protein.
this is more as a suppliment like cell tech, rather a protein shake type thing if that makes sence. could even be used as an intra-workout shake.

Double the dose, double the cost.

The milk is the key for me. Aids my recovery so well it's essential for me. Also from numerous papers milk kicks the ass of gatorade, lucozade etc in terms of rehdration and recovery (particularly in terms of sarcoplasmy if I remember rightly) so I wouldn't ever consider not including it. Only downside to that is I can't drink it during training without chundering it up again! Grin

During training I drink a 50:50 mix of fruit juice and water to keep my BG ticking over, and have plenty of BCAAs and AAs knocking around thanks to the whey and milk (with oats) I have an hour before lifting.
haydnward
JohnGym said:
This just seems like massively over complicating things to me.

didnt realise mixing 3 powders into water was that difficult :s lol Tongue

ok, maybe i should had added the part i put a min ago in responce to V.G:

this isnt like a post workout protein shake. this is for people who use the likes of celltech, es phosophgen, v12 etc etc. a fair few people use these suppliments - creatine carb based sups that affect insulin post training. these sups are great but exspencive. what i wrote is an alternative which is fook loads cheaper, just just gota bang it together. like i said, idealy, you have one of these like in your last set, then 20-30 mins later you throw in your protein shake or post train meal.
not everyone uses these types of sups, they just go straight for your normal weight gain shake, but this is for the few who do use them as a cheaper option Happy
But that's exactly what my shake does. ELevated blood borne amino acid levels, elevated BG levels, insulin spike, shuttles (although I dislike this term) AAs, sugar and creatine into the cells. I'm throwing it down my neck as I'm going out of the door.
I see you reading Kenders, input please! Grin
haydnward
VanillaGorilla said:But that's exactly what my shake does. ELevated blood borne amino acid levels, elevated BG levels, insulin spike, shuttles (although I dislike this term) AAs, sugar and creatine into the cells. I'm throwing it down my neck as I'm going out of the door.

Fair dos. Just throwing it out there as an option. Happy
VanillaGorilla said:I see you reading Kenders, input please! Grin

I imagine he's just shaking his head.
If your engaging in regular exercise you won't see any advantage of taking creatine with suger and protien. Plus how long will your store creatine in this liquid form? Unless the pH is right (and I forget what is needed) it'll convert to creatinine fairly quickly (also forget rate of this equation too!). Sufice to say that if you leave for a day or so then you'll mainly be drinking creatinine as opposed to creatine. However if your drinking in the same day then np probs at all!

Glutamine can be said to be a conditionally essential AA. However no strong evidence that I have seen that this translates as requing specific ingestion post training.

BCAA... we've had a thread on this recently. Yep it will increase post exercise protien balance. However prob no different than taking milk porteins that contain equivalent dose of BCAA. Infact measured acroos several hrs the 'slower' processed proteins will have a greater effect on protein balance than BCAA or whey. Think 5-10g of BCAA is enough for max protein balance to occur. BCAA ingestion however can reduce DOMS though. Which may be a plus for many?

Now off course haydnward is dam right. Why fork out for celltech when something like this will do the same job. However just don't see this being any more effective in the long run than any other loading phase using just creatine mono (e.g. 20g/day for 5days or 5-10g daily or every other day).

On balance I don't see this drink being any more effective than lots of other very simple ways to get in some protein after training.

However it certanly won't harm you and it will be a positive thing. Ingestion of BCAA after training, no matter how you do it, is going to be a good thing. Plus if the OP likes doing it then fair enough, and again if people do take expensive creatine formulas and want to continue, then this will save their wallet...ish Wink
haydnward
IainKendrick said:If your engaging in regular exercise you won't see any advantage of taking creatine with suger and protien. Plus how long will your store creatine in this liquid form? Unless the pH is right (and I forget what is needed) it'll convert to creatinine fairly quickly (also forget rate of this equation too!). Sufice to say that if you leave for a day or so then you'll mainly be drinking creatinine as opposed to creatine. However if your drinking in the same day then np probs at all!

Glutamine can be said to be a conditionally essential AA. However no strong evidence that I have seen that this translates as requing specific ingestion post training.

BCAA... we've had a thread on this recently. Yep it will increase post exercise protien balance. However prob no different than taking milk porteins that contain equivalent dose of BCAA. Infact measured acroos several hrs the 'slower' processed proteins will have a greater effect on protein balance than BCAA or whey. Think 5-10g of BCAA is enough for max protein balance to occur. BCAA ingestion however can reduce DOMS though. Which may be a plus for many?

Now off course haydnward is dam right. Why fork out for celltech when something like this will do the same job. However just don't see this being any more effective in the long run than any other loading phase using just creatine mono (e.g. 20g/day for 5days or 5-10g daily or every other day).

On balance I don't see this drink being any more effective than lots of other very simple ways to get in some protein after training.

However it certanly won't harm you and it will be a positive thing. Ingestion of BCAA after training, no matter how you do it, is going to be a good thing. Plus if the OP likes doing it then fair enough, and again if people do take expensive creatine formulas and want to continue, then this will save their wallet...ish Wink

The creatine you add 5g wen your about to drink, hence.why I added it out of.the 4lt solution so it would just nullify.the creatine. Im not trying to claim its gona be the best thing to take, just wanted input if.it would be worth.while using. I see lots of ppl taking.dex/waxi/maltro after sessions, just thought maybe addin the creatine, glutamin, bcaa might be.a.way of getting it all in. with ur creatine load phases u still do ur 4 servings, just add one of them to this. However if its not worth while, bin the idea. Just trying to improve gains on a budget wallet

You are here: HomeForumNutritioncheck out my post training mixture
Return to top View Desktop Site