Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitSugden Mobile Version Launching Today

Sugden Mobile Version Launching Today

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Hi All

We will be launching a mobile version of Sugden later today, better optimized for use on phones.

If you're browsing on a mobile phone the site should automatically detect this and show you the mobile version automatically. If you still prefer to browse the desktop version from your mobile then there is a "View Desktop Site" link at the bottom of each page.

The mobile site has the majority of the functionality you get on the desktop site, but naturally displays a little less information in some areas in order to fit everything in.

Once we launch, if you have any feedback or hit any issues please feedback to me in this thread.

Cheers!
*thumbs up*
Finally! Excellent news Rob.

Any news on a journal Avatar for me? Lol
ironcolin
Sorry, it's a bit difficult to take anything seriously this morning what with it being April fools. However, would be a good idea.
ironcolin said:Sorry, it's a bit difficult to take anything seriously this morning what with it being April fools. However, would be a good idea.

That's a good point, would be a rather strange April fools though
Any plans for an app??
Testing - first post from the mobile site.
Not an April fools chaps, mobile site is now live!

Feedback appreciated - particularly want to make sure it's easy to navigate your way around the forum, so let me know if anything seems difficult.

John - I think I'm about 5 years behind on the journal avis! Might have to add the ability to self-upload or remove them. They're not actually on the mobile site to save a bit of space.

Killelay - An app isn't really something I've considered, what sort of functionality would you use it for? Putting the whole forum on one wouldn't really be feasible.
Hoping this isn't an April Fools joke as it would be awesome progression for Sugden Barbell.
App works a treat. Great work!
Seems to be working on chrome, dolphin browsersis still showing the full site though
Cool!

Wanyne will never experience this with his poverty phone
Rob said:Not an April fools chaps, mobile site is now live!

Feedback appreciated - particularly want to make sure it's easy to navigate your way around the forum, so let me know if anything seems difficult.

John - I think I'm about 5 years behind on the journal avis! Might have to add the ability to self-upload or remove them. They're not actually on the mobile site to save a bit of space.

Killelay - An app isn't really something I've considered, what sort of functionality would you use it for? Putting the whole forum on one wouldn't really be feasible.

The self upload idea would be awesome. You could just give Boar and Cuddles the option. Make them f**kers earn there money
Rob said:

Would be a lot of work however a workout tracker type app that posted to your journal would be good.
Post Edited: 01.04.2015 @ 13:02 PM by b_rex
Rob said:Killelay - An app isn't really something I've considered, what sort of functionality would you use it for? Putting the whole forum on one wouldn't really be feasible.

There are existing apps for using forums (e.g. Tapatalk). I don't know if it's possible to add some sort of Tapatalk integration? I don't know what that requires, i.e. if it's a page-scraper that works with off-the-shelf forum software or if it can work with custom-built sites like this one, or with an API.

Mobile site looks great. Personally, I'd prefer the fonts to be a size smaller so as to get more on the screen at one time.

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitSugden Mobile Version Launching Today
Return to top View Desktop Site