REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 221 guests
You are here: HomeForumJackRevans → View All Posts

View All Posts: JackRevans

12345678910 ... ... 10891090109110921093109410951096109710981099

» Tattoos (Go to post)10-12-2019 @ 19:33 
I got my first tattoo about 6 weeks ago. The sunn O))) logo on my forearm. I enjoyed it and want more.
» Effective Supplements. (Go to post)22-11-2019 @ 16:40 
PeteHodgson said:
Mmmm mmmmm. Delicious!
That stuff is the greenest green I've ever seen!

Is it working though?
» Effective Supplements. (Go to post)22-11-2019 @ 16:40 
WILLSAN said:
yeah its my favourite nootropic because it focuses my mind without getting me wired like all the others I have tried.
additionally, I just get the sense that its doing me good generally. kinda unscientific I know but with nutrition and supps thats generally how I work - experiment with something new and the go with my gut on it.
I could do without all those above aside from the lions mane, cbd and 5htp. just for general life as much as training.

Where do you get you lions mane from? Also is it in caps?

I quite like the idea of having a huge amount of nootropic mushrooms that I can just bung in me dinner rather than having some very expensive artisan caps of it with a wafer thin amount of the active ingredients.
» Effective Supplements. (Go to post)21-11-2019 @ 15:54 
WILLSAN said:I love a nootropic. I take lions mane every day and ginkgo biloba, brahmi and caffeine stacked on events day.

turmeric as an anti inflammatory.

5 htp for sleep.

cbd to stay chill.

any noticeable effect from lions mane?
» Effective Supplements. (Go to post)21-11-2019 @ 15:53 
Interesting thread.

I have often thought about this. We are told time and time again that creatine (and other such things) have been scientifically proven to work and I absolutely do not doubt this. In reality though I have never noticed even the slightest bit of difference when I have started or stopped taking it. Obviously I take it anyway though because I want to believe it is doing something.

Supplements that you can actually feel a noticeable benefit from are great though. L-tryptophan and l-theanine 100% make me sleep much better. Crazy dreams though.

Vitamin D, I can't feel it doing anything BUT I take it every day and have had my levels checked and they are good despite the fact that I never see the sunlight.
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)15-11-2019 @ 13:35 
Martin1956 said:
I got used to driving 650 miles from Essex to the Hebrides back in the day, and later 440 miles from Cheshire. I break it down into sections in my head to make the journey less daunting.

Where do you do your big shop on the Hebrides?
» ksohhjjkk (Go to post)14-11-2019 @ 09:55 
I have been training but nothing that interesting so havn't been writing it down.

Yesterday I squatted and although it was enjoyable to be squatting, my technique and mobility felt awful and theres no way I was doing it properly at all.

Squat:

bar

100kg x 8,8,8

for the last set i used olympic shoes because my ankle mobility felt bad. They didnt help at all.

Leg press:

3 sets of 10 or something.

Right now I'm focusing most of my attention on drumming. I am recording an album in the coming months so I am going to the rehearsal studio most days to practice the songs to a metronome. This is a very enjoyable way of spending my evenings, however it eats into gym time quite a bit.
» The 'well done on the PB' thread (Go to post)13-11-2019 @ 15:42 
dannyboy73 said:93hopkinsonr 300k squat

Cool

nice!!!!
» ksohhjjkk (Go to post)08-11-2019 @ 11:04 
squat - first time in a while

bar

120kg x 5
130kg x 1
140kg x 1
150kg x 1

Pretty boring that was

leg press, hanging leg raises
» ksohhjjkk (Go to post)08-11-2019 @ 10:52 
danbaseley said: And the air of superiority that temporarily being about 6'9" brings.

LOAL!

I find that for front squats they are lovely. Back squats I don't really need them.
» ksohhjjkk (Go to post)05-11-2019 @ 10:11 
After a week of barely being able to train anything I got to the point where for the first time in 2 months I actually wanted to go to the gym.

Ftont squat (used my olympic shoes for the first time in probably over a year, they were extremely dusty)

bar

90kg x 3 These felt weirdly good. I think I had a pretty decent shoulder position.

conventional deadlift

bar

170kg x 3,3,3 - very nice

single leg leg press

3 sets of 10

I loved every minute of that.
» Paul Savage training log (Go to post)04-11-2019 @ 09:21 
RebeccaRoberts said:Oh dont get me wrong, i have no ill will against anyone who used PEDs, I just personally find it a greater achievement for myself knowing Ive done it without using anything.

That sounds like a reasonable way of thinking. Don't listen to Dan he is a poindexter
» ksohhjjkk (Go to post)01-11-2019 @ 11:35 
Wayne_Cowdrey said:
This duo of words makes me think of "foreskin".
Does the tattoo involve "loal" in some way?

It made me think of that as I was typing it as well.

It does not. It is the o))) from the logo of Sunn o))) which was used by an amplifier company and was then adopted by a drone metal band. To me the symbol is a representation of the doomy riff guitar tone which I so much enjoy.

One thing that you could do though is say Lo)))al. In fact I quite enjoy that. Also that picture I sent you of sainsburys loal was opposite the venue when I went to see sunn o))), so I suppose these things come full circle))).
» ksohhjjkk (Go to post)31-10-2019 @ 11:09 
I had a tattoo done on my forearm on saturday and whilst its healing I can't really do much training but that suits me pretty well at the moment since I havn't been enjoying it that much recently.

bulgarian split squat + 9kg kettlebell

3 sets of 15

belt squat - I still haven't got the hang of this machine

4 sets with not much weight

single leg leg press (focusing on glute activation)

3 sets - actually felt really good!

hyper extensions - 3 sets

abdominal thing - 3 sets

db side raises - 3 sets

That was pretty much every exercise I could think of that doesn't interfere with my forearm skin.
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)31-10-2019 @ 11:04 
BigMacca said:
JackRevans said:
The first option. The second one sounds very strange.

It's all a matter of efficiency for me.

As my personal pipe is already hanging halfway down my left leg, it is but the simple matter of exposing him by opening up the left leg opening on my boxer shorts to gain unfettered access.

If you only have a tiny wee fella, the popping over the top makes more sense Grin

JackRevans said:
Do you put your trousers on before your socks or socks before trousers?

Socks first!

how do you get your phallus out of your trousers then?

12345678910 ... ... 10891090109110921093109410951096109710981099

You are here: HomeForumJackRevans → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions