REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 160 guests
You are here: HomeForumtbowman → View All Posts

View All Posts: tbowman

» Masters Strongman in Training 2008 (Go to post)28-04-2008 @ 00:34 
Post Edited: 28.04.2008 @ 00:36 AM by tbowman
Contest is over - a fifth place finish
2 MAN team competition (LWs..under 450 combined weight and 451 and over -I met a guy fromn US on MT Forum..he was 19- We never met until evening before contest and never trained together until contest, unlike every other team there.

Event 1 - Yoke carry 610 pounds 120 foot..2 drops allowed - We finished the course at slow pace but finished none the less... - all we hoped for TBH

Event 2 - Tire flip 700lbs with chains inside - We flipped back and forth to each other for 14 reps in under 2 mins..think it was 1:50..winning time as 1:12 I believe -

Event 3 - 90 LB DUMBELL PRESS for reps in 2 mins - We got credit for 34..discredited for 2 I believe..more than we hoped, but not enough to hit top 3

Event 4 - Axle deadlift, max weight last man standing..13" pull - We had high hopes for this one and did not disappoint -Bar started at 600 and moved in 50 lbs increments. First 2 attempts had to be given..never having done a tandem dead we went conservative with 650 and 750 openers..nothing but warmups
Next attemp went to 900 also nothing, then the big 1000..not much problem either
1000 was the stopper for a few teams, our next attemp went to 1100..getting really tough now. There were still 3 might weight teams in the hunt. 1150 stopped one team..we got it as did the contest leaders..So on to 1200...a pschotic effort and we locked the 1200
Axle deadlift I'm fairly sure we attempted a 1250 and other team tried to knock us off with 1300..but they hardly budged it so 1200lb was top lift and we won on bodyweight A fine moment

Event 5 - Stones 314lb over 44" wall, back and forth for max reps -The heat ..mid 80's was very unexpected and played havoc on tacky...we felt fairly certain 8 reps was going to happen.but the slick stones and quick pace of this contest tired the competitors and the reps were low across the field.. Brian did 2..nearly missing a third and I near missed one before I lost grip

It was blast to meet and compete with an MT MEMBER and put on a show.
we placed 5th by the way..4th was close if not for a few errors. But considering we never trained togther, I'm over 40, he is a teenager and competed in an open event with guys that are near pros and actually won an event is amazing !!

Some vids and picts will likely surface soon. I PLAN ON MAKING A POSTER OF THE 1200LB AXLE DEADLIFT

TOMGrin Grin Grin
» Masters Strongman in Training 2008 (Go to post)25-04-2008 @ 03:32 
Some here know me from MT - Basically I'm a soon to be 42yr old strength enthusiast.
Been Powerlifting 6 years and done OK, but due to being a weak bencher I never was going to be a star Tongue
Entered my first Strongman last Feb and finished just in the top half and was hooked. My back is my strongest asset and serves me better in Strongman than Powerlifting. I did 4 NAS contest last year and best finish was 2nd. Goal in 2008 is to win a amatuer contest and go to NAS Nationals. I also will throw in a PL contest now and then for interest or at least a dead only contest. I lift in AAU Powerlifting and NAS Strongman. Good to be here! I really enjoy the dedication seen at Sudgen and have adapted some Oly lifts into my routine over last few months.

I may post some vids from my Sat contest if possible ----cheers
» No longer fat but still a gay, Scottish all round cunt (Go to post)25-04-2008 @ 03:16 
Post Edited: 25.04.2008 @ 03:18 AM by tbowman
Just might mate..you need a few US rednecks here Grin Grin Grin
Maybe in a week or two after me Strongman comp Happy
HaHa..I just noticed the tag to the left in my avatar space...did Boar do that ? Angry
» No longer fat but still a gay, Scottish all round cunt (Go to post)24-04-2008 @ 03:00 
Post Edited: 24.04.2008 @ 03:01 AM by tbowman
Whats up Tony - Seems you are falling apart..ahhh and at such a young age Happy Happy
As I said in email the suit I got seems fat and short, but I will try it after my upcoming comp and hopefully regain my international DEADLIFT CROWN... Grin Grin Grin Grin
» G.F.H. - Vegan Style - The Year of the Deadlift (Go to post)24-04-2008 @ 02:53 
Hello Veg - Hope all is well -I may start postin here a bit as some of my old amtes are not on MT ANYMORE...WELL. NOT MUCH
Are you working on competing at a BSM qualifier in the near future ?
» Sparrow Legs Strongman Training (Go to post)21-10-2007 @ 01:34 
I thought that was a really good time on the farmers hold...never tried that much
» No longer fat but still a gay, Scottish all round cunt (Go to post)21-10-2007 @ 01:31 
What's up Tony -Don't see you much at MT anymore - What you weighing these days ?
» Goals of 2007 Thread (Go to post)24-08-2007 @ 16:01 
Deadlift 300kg

Log Press 100kg

152.5kg stone to 48" or higher

Learn to front squat

Learn to Oly lift as assistance

Get my Strongman building
construction underway
» No longer fat but still a gay, Scottish all round cunt (Go to post)24-08-2007 @ 15:49 
Missed you on MTalk, so thought I would pop in ! Good Luck with the busines venture. I will become a landword next ...renting out an investment home. Its quite a strap to get started, but hopefully in 5 years I will have several rental homes and a decentrisidual income coming in ! I've 3 training weeks till comp and naggin little injuries are not helping.
I hope at best I can match my dead from April 07..its hard to tell until the weight is in front of you Happy)
» inzer belt (Go to post)15-08-2007 @ 02:45 
Bought my Inzer Forever belt from INZER directly - $65 US Dollars..had it nearly 4 years and still good as new..maybe better
» New here (Go to post)15-08-2007 @ 02:40 
Post Edited: 15.08.2007 @ 02:41 AM
Thought I would check out this forum to see how many lies are told Grin Grin
I know a lot of you blokes already from MT..let me get to snooping Cool
You are here: HomeForumtbowman → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions