REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 2 members and 297 guests
You are here: HomeForumWaff → View All Posts

View All Posts: Waff

» Waff's Weak as F**k Journal (Go to post)17-07-2011 @ 16:23 
After a few events I decided to take some time off training and concentrate on them.

It seems to have sorted itself out over last week so I decided to hit the weights again today with my favourite exercise.

DEADLIFT
60kgs x 6
80kgs x 6
100kgs x 4
110kgs x 4
120kgs x 2 (Supposed to be 3 but lost grip) Straps on
120kgs x 3
130kgs x 3
140kgs x 3
140kgs x 3
140kgs x 1

Reeally enjoyed myself, apart from the intense lower back cramp towards the end lolol

From now on I'll be training 1 on 1 off with Deadlift, Benchpress, Squat & Military Press. This will give me 9 days between sessions and ample recovery time, I just make sure I get enough done during training to make the wait worth while.
» Waff's Weak as F**k Journal (Go to post)25-05-2011 @ 21:59 
I need to buy some more plates lol
» Waff's Weak as F**k Journal (Go to post)25-05-2011 @ 19:57 
Ah, nice short and sweet vid. Made everything a lot simpler - ta matey
» Waff's Weak as F**k Journal (Go to post)25-05-2011 @ 16:25 
Nice tip paul.

I can't view the vid just yet; once I get back home I'll have a look Happy
» Waff's Weak as F**k Journal (Go to post)25-05-2011 @ 14:28 
TravisFandango said:Most splendid pressing again!
Meant to post after your last deadlift video. Congratulations on the 20kg PB by the way. Getting a PB is always nice, but a 20kg one is most super!
Looking at the video, it looks like your holding the bar away from your legs, which is probably causing a bit of back strain. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks mate. Is pressing 80kg really that good? lol.

It felt great getting the 160kg dl. I really think I got 170kg in me although I'd rather work on form for now. Trying to get everything perfect for the long run. The 155kg vid was far worse (form wise) than the 160kg, it felt loads better. I'm going to buy a couple more plates and hopefully hit a 200kg dl by the end of the year, that would be awesome Grin

I'm trying to cut some fat, get my weight down around 80kg - more of a well being type thing.
» Waff's Weak as F**k Journal (Go to post)25-05-2011 @ 13:13 
Got my squat stands yesterday and used them straight away;

Squat
Warm up - 60kgs x 10
Warm up - 70kgs x 5
85kgs x 4
90kgs x 4
95kgs x 4

Felt good; although I'd hardly eaten that day and felt really washed out.

Push Press
60kgs x 4
70kgs x 4
80kgs x 3
80kgs x 3
80kgs x 3

Decided to go for some push pressing. This was quite hard and on the last set I nearly had the thing crash down on me lol.

Chin ups
BW x 5,6,5,4

Threw in these at the end.
» Waff's Weak as F**k Journal (Go to post)21-05-2011 @ 21:49 
Pain probably has something to do with form :S I don't know why I go leg then back, my legs just move more quickly than my back.

I'm still going to do deads tomorrow, but just work on form.

» Waff's Weak as F**k Journal (Go to post)21-05-2011 @ 21:19 
A day early but i've done my DL singles and worked my way up from 100kgs to 160kgs which is pretty kool.

I thought I had the vid but as I got up here to upload it it cut out as soon as I started to grip the bar so pretty annoyed at that.

Stuck it on charge for 5 mins thinking it would give it enough juice but as I went to dl it again, it cut out. Then I gave up lol.

I'll upload the 155kg one.

One big thing though. I thought grip was going to be a massive issue, tbh it isn't as bad as I thought.

What was bad was the fact I was getting an uncomfortable pain in the hip region; back and front.

Now I'm trying to think if this is because of form or the fact I've never gone above 140kgs and it's 'new' to my body - hopefully it will get used to it in time and I wont have it anymore?

It was more so on my very lower back, right above the tail bone and around the region of where your legs go into your torso.

At least I'm 20kg closer to my target Grin
» Waff's Weak as F**k Journal (Go to post)20-05-2011 @ 15:22 
BenMac said:Lovely overhead pressing there mate.

Cheers matey
» Waff's Weak as F**k Journal (Go to post)20-05-2011 @ 15:22 
vausie said:
Mate i wud bet good money u have a 400 total already im a s**t squatter and i reckon u cud pull a 110 or 120 at least and a 170 deadlift maybe 160 then boom theres ur 400 Grin

Hmm would be awesome if i could Grin

Just because you said that I'm going to plug away with a DL single session on Sunday, make sure I eat plenty of scrambled egg on toast before lol and see what happens. Grip will be a serious issue though :S

Would still need another 10/20kgs though - shame my mil press doesnt count for anything - only thing i seem to be 'relativly' good at.
» The SMALL Workout log. (Go to post)20-05-2011 @ 14:18 
Literally crying; that lama thing is so funny Grin
» Waff's Weak as F**k Journal (Go to post)20-05-2011 @ 14:13 
I can't wait lol. I'm still gunning for a 400kg total by the end of the year Happy
» Waff's Weak as F**k Journal (Go to post)20-05-2011 @ 12:52 
Just finished a gym session of Bench & Squats - Thew in some chins at the end;

Flat Bench;
85kgs 5x4

Left arm felt a little fatigued, probably from yesterday.

Squat
80kgs x 4
85kgs x 4
95kgs x 4
100kgs x 3

Having joined this site, I'm actually ashamed of my squat so much lol. I'm buying some squat stands for home so I can plug away at it more often.
» Waff's Weak as F**k Journal (Go to post)20-05-2011 @ 06:19 
Edclarke - thanks matey

Vausie - thanks again. LOL it does look a bit stupid, I thought it was just me being a lanky prick lol.

I'm actually really glad my DL form is being criticised; I didn't think it was so bad but now I've managed to video it, yeh it's s**t lmao will keep the advice for Sunday Happy
» Waff's Weak as F**k Journal (Go to post)19-05-2011 @ 23:02 
Felt really full and strong so I tried going for a PB on the military press; Well I ended up with 3 lol. Which I'm more than happy about; however I'm concerned that my press is catching up with my squat :S Must buy some squat stands lol and not rely on my gyms s**tness.

Military Press;
60kgs x 1
62.5kgs x 1
65kgs x 1
67.5kgs x 1
70kgs x 1
72.5kgs x 1
75kgs x 1 (PB)
77.5kgs x 1 (PB)
80kgs x 1 (PB) Didnt think I could do this but I did lol; I was scared to go for some more as I think I will have some problems cleaning it, but think I could get 85kgs if I had a stand or something.

Deadlift
102.5kgs 5x4

Ended up using a mixed grip, felt a little odd but by the 3rd set - felt good - kept head up too, lol.

You are here: HomeForumWaff → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions