REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 194 guests
You are here: HomeForumFletch → View All Posts

View All Posts: Fletch

» Ironman bodybuilding gym vs Exertrain (Go to post)22-09-2010 @ 23:11 
thanks for the replies lads, regarding travelling etc, one of reasons I've moved to preston is to cut down on all my petrol costs as it has been KILLING me! So thats why i'm ruling out gyms in manchester even though i love them.

Ironman gym looks fekkin class but its just such a damn shame about not being able to do any oly lifting there, I need to practice lifts for UKSCA qualification and also coz wanna do some sprinting next year and think it would help.. Might have to go to exertrain for 2 out of 3 sessions and ironman for last one. Might be tough to work out a good deal if with both gyms though. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.. lol
» Ironman bodybuilding gym vs Exertrain (Go to post)22-09-2010 @ 18:23 
Need to get training again and i'm moving to preston tommorow (ashton on ribble). I want to goto a place where theres good atmosphere/people and obviously decent equipment but also somewhere I could do some oly lifts (or try to!).

What you guys make of both of these places?

Cheers,

Ash
» Olympic gym- opening hours (Go to post)06-08-2010 @ 21:56 
Please could someone let me know the opening hours for olympic gym in ashton? Trained there twice now but keep forgetting to find out.... Cheers Happy
» Pound for pound strength and speed progression (Go to post)09-03-2010 @ 13:24 
thanks alot mike, those exercises look really helpful, doing some of them already but theres couple of others on there which look really good. Might eventually sort this problem out! lol

Upper body session as part of new plan

Bench press Havent done these since some point last year, maybe like october time or something lol..
60 x 8
80 x 5
100 x 5
80 x 6
Not bad effort first time back, should increase alot though

Chins
bw x 8
15 x 5
30 x 3
40 x 3
50 x 3

Dips
bw x 8
15 x 8
30 x 8
50 x 8
55 x 7

Rotator cuff work
» Tom's training log... (Go to post)08-03-2010 @ 23:26 
surely you gotta have some quad strength with that speed you get with deads off floor lol. Weights good as normal. When you thinking you will be ready for outdoors?
» The Road to 2014 (Go to post)08-03-2010 @ 23:20 
sweet work on the cleans mate! I need to sort my flexibility out so i can try them, tried them before and there so fekkin hard! Keep up impressive lifting man
» Pound for pound strength and speed progression (Go to post)08-03-2010 @ 23:00 
First session in a while, beem bit inconsistent lately coz of comps etc, feeling tired from yesterday.

Conv Deadlift
60 x 5
80 x 5
100 x 5
130 x 3
160 x 3
190 x 3
210 x 3 not bad first session bk, will lift more each week now for a bit

Vertical jumps on to box
using very fast eccentrics and small knee bend
bw x 5
bw x 5
bw x 5
bw x 5

Sprinter single leg split squats
40 x 8
55 x 8
75 x 10

Airbike with 5lb ankle weights
1 set

Windshield wipers with 5lb weights
1 set

ran out of time so not glute ham raises
» Pound for pound strength and speed progression (Go to post)07-03-2010 @ 17:02 
cheers mate Happy

competed again today.

first 60m in the morning: 7.53 PB came 4th in my heat, 3rd got 7.51 and winner wasnt that much quicker

2nd 60m late afternoon: 7.61 my blocks slipped!!!!!!!!! killed my time, officials noticed so they gave me another attempt but i had to race literally 2 minutes later and i was knackered lol

3rd: 7.47 new PB, won this heat. I was absolutly fekked before i ran this one coz of the mega short rest, so should be capable of a lot more.

Changed my training regime for next week, should be fun.
» Life is like a box of Chocolates (Go to post)26-02-2010 @ 23:12 
sweet deadlifting and lifting all round, i will never understand how you strongman competitors lift those fecking stones though, looks impossible! haha, may be coz its im a short bastad.
» Tom's training log... (Go to post)26-02-2010 @ 23:08 
what kind of flexibility exercises has he got you doing tom? My flexibility is undescribedly bad lol.
» Pound for pound strength and speed progression (Go to post)26-02-2010 @ 21:21 
Post Edited: 26.02.2010 @ 21:24 PM by Fletch
competed again on wednesday, i had been ill since sunday though so felt rough, not overly bothered though as wasnt an indiviudal competition, the uni team put a good performance in though and only just came behind met, with our lads team coming first i think. My 60m time was 7.6 and came 3rd. didn't get as good start as normal, so should hopefully go under 7.6 when i race on the 7th in manchester again. Heres a poor quality vid of wednesdays run if anyone has facebook. Start no where near as good as last sunday in manc, i was ahead for about 20m i think from people who saw it but camera angle isnt great here and it starts late (looks like i didnt even lead 20 this time from what i can see). http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/video/video.php?v=1...

Did 2 sets of 4 reps of 150m sprints last night, each set was done around between 18.25-19 secs.

Box squats
60 x 5
80 x 5
100 x 5
130 x 8
140 x 8
100 x 10

Did 3 sets of 6 on tuck jumps in between last sets, but calfs still arnt ready for it Unhappy It hurt so didnt do any more complex training. Better improve by the time i want to start encorperating proper speed training for the outdoor season.

Chins
bw x 8
10 x 5
20 x 5
30 x 8
20 x 15

Sprinter split squats
each
40 x 5
50 x 5
60 x 8
70 x 10

Dips
bw x 8
15 x 5
30 x 5
50 x 8
55 x 8

Airbike
1 set

Windshield wipers
1 set

Fletchy flags
1 set

Hill sprints tommorow morning, going to die as normal lol
» Pound for pound strength and speed progression (Go to post)23-02-2010 @ 20:07 
thanks alot lads, luckily mike i'm not planning on being a 400m runner! lol. The times arn't great yet as my my maximum speed isnt very good and its my technique and flexibility, just bloody hate the idea of flexiblity work it f**king kills me!!!!!!
I wish i can get hold of that damn video again so i can have another look at it and see what i'm not doing right. Come out with real fast acceleration but then i have no extra gear to take me to proper fast speed like everyone else seems to have, just stay stuck in the my first phase.
Gonna do a comp tommorow for uni, its hand timed though and been ill since sunday so will have to see how that one goes lol
» The Road to 2014 (Go to post)23-02-2010 @ 00:02 
fekkin hell nice work, im not gonna try any more olympic lifts until i sort my flexibility out. Have you ever done work to fix shoulder mobility etc?
» Tom's training log... (Go to post)22-02-2010 @ 19:49 
awesome stuff tom, especially consdiering u were ill that week, powerlifting comp make you feel rough as f**k even when your not ill! lol
» Pound for pound strength and speed progression (Go to post)22-02-2010 @ 19:42 
Post Edited: 22.02.2010 @ 19:43 PM by Fletch
had first comp yesterday, went pretty well. Came out of it pretty much knowing what i did when came in though, that i have pretty sweet acceleration in drive phase but i literally can't get the technique right for running fast top speeds.

Time in 60m was 7.63 (they recorded me as 7.77 and put me below someone else i know i beat.. o well), for the first 30-40 m i got a very nice lead on everyone then obv same old story and get overtaken by 3 people, guy who won my heat got 7.21 i think..
the guy who won my race has a vid and you will see what i mean if i can get hold of it

Did a 400m just for a laugh (wasnt a laugh when i f**king ran it!) and got 55.51 which wasnt bad considering thats a marathon for me lol and only really been back training for liek 5 weeks or so. Makes me wonder what i can do when i can sort this technique out though.

So all in all not bad performance, but atleast i know i have potential to do something pretty good, just gotta work on my unbeleivably poor flexibility and technique so i can learn how to run a proper top speed technique, i'm certain i have the relative strength and limb speed.

Did a session today as i have a uni comp on wednesday, it doesnt really mean anything and it will be hand timed so didnt bother holding back toooooo much tonight on things. Had to train on my own though for most part which sucked a bit..

Push press
40 x 8
50 x 8
60 x 8
70 x 8

Conv deadlift
60 x 5
80 x 5
100 x 5
130 x 5
160 x 3
180 x 3
Obv was easy but wasnt as fast as normal, didnt feel great and for some reason my hands still feel f**ked even thoguh doesnt look like much is wrong with them :?
Off blocks-
190 x 5
210 x 5

Chins
bw x 8
15 x 8
30 x 8
37.5 x 8

Glute ham raise
with resistance band-
x8
negatives without band-