Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsZercher midget's lazy hunt for glory

Zercher midget's lazy hunt for glory

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

shanejer
Haha I await the video
TravisFandango said:
Exquisite! Any chance of some more card tricks videos too?

Maybe....
"MR WAYNE CHINS"

It's been a while.

BW x 2
+20 x 2
+25 x 2
+30 x 1
+31.25 x 1

CHEST SUPPORTED ROW MACHINE

2 sets of 5

SQUATS

60 x 3
100 x 1
140 x 1
180 x 1
222.5 - FAIL Confused Angry - and smashed the back of my head with it while ditching it.

I'm out of practice at this lift, but shouldn't have failed that. I've lost interest in spine loading exercises since getting the news that one of my non-lifter friends has a prolapsed disc in his upper spine and probably needs surgery. I want to look after my spine. I think I'll only train back squats and yoke if I've got a comp coming up with them in. I'll stick to zercher squats, zercher lifts and front squats.

PLATE PINCHING

Pretty strong today. Tried some 2 handed pinching after my usual single hand work. I have a vid, which I'll upload a bit later.

WEIGHTED PLANK

100 - 30 seconds

I've adjusted my set-up, so I can get enough ground clearance to use 20 plates.
fine pinch mr wayne and i am on the the hunt for zercher glory so watch outCool
ALWEBB72 said:
fine pinch mr wayne and i am on the the hunt for zercher glory so watch outCool

Ha ha - thanks Happy

I was pissed off with that back squat.
TravisFandango
Super stuff Mr Wayne and a welcome return of the Mr Wayne Chins!
I think your squat & yoke decision seems a wise one. I don't think it would take you long to get to where you needed to be with either if you had them coming up in a comp.
TravisFandango said:
Super stuff Mr Wayne and a welcome return of the Mr Wayne Chins!
I think your squat & yoke decision seems a wise one. I don't think it would take you long to get to where you needed to be with either if you had them coming up in a comp.

Thanks Mr Travis Happy

I'll be 36 in March and I want to look after my body! Regularly putting big loads on the top of your spinal column surely doesn't give you the best chance of having a healthy spine later in life! Zercher/front squats don't load the spine in the same way. The muscles in your torso etc take some of the strain.
But would it be harder to build them back up from not doing them at all than from, for example, training them lighter for more reps so you were still working the movement pattern without much risk?

Congrats on the PB's... have you checked the IAWA records for these lifts?
dr_hazbun
Nice training once again Mr Wayne

I would argue to say that a full Zercher from the floor would place your lumbar (and possibly cervical) spine at greater risk than a well executed back squat. Have you experimented with lower bar positions on your back? They take getting used to initially but reduce direct cervical spine loading.
TravisFandango
Ben_F said:But would it be harder to build them back up from not doing them at all than from, for example, training them lighter for more reps so you were still working the movement pattern without much risk?

I think the fact that reps would be involved probably puts Mr Wayne off. Happy
Very sensible advice though.
TravisFandango said:
Very sensible advice though.

I thought that too. The year he beat me at the car deadlift I wouldn't mind betting that he did more reps in that single event than training deadlifts the entire year!
Ben_F said:
But would it be harder to build them back up from not doing them at all than from, for example, training them lighter for more reps so you were still working the movement pattern without much risk?

I think I've found satisfactory alternatives for working the main muscles. I could quickly get back into the groove of back squats. It's like riding a bike!

Thanks. You mean the zercher stuff? The world record for the full zercher lift for my weight class is 235. I'm on 197! I'm not aware of there being a record for the zercher squat.

Happy
Ben_F said:
The year he beat me at the car deadlift I wouldn't mind betting that he did more reps in that single event than training deadlifts the entire year!

Ha ha, you're right there! Grin
TravisFandango said:

Bullseye!! Grin

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsZercher midget's lazy hunt for glory
Return to top View Desktop Site