Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsNarrowbacks Training Log

Narrowbacks Training Log

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Cheers for pointing that out Andy, gives me a bit more confidence!

Was that post after the 6 pints of fosters, Sam!? 100x5x5 sounds pretty serious for a narrowback, but who knows Cool

11th November

Narrow Grip Bench
80 x 2 x 6

Pull Ups
BW x 8 x 3

Facepulls, core and physio exercises
at 71k , 90k 4x4 is pretty damn good mate.
Rob said:Thanks for the welcome back guys, good to see posts from old and new(er) faces Happy

Wayne - no plans to update the journal icons just yet, if I do you will get your window dog though!

Youngy - BW is way less these days (71kg), those stats are 6.5 years old! Cool

Sam - I guess it happened over three phases from mid 2007. I went from 107 to 89 in about a year, on purpose and while still training regularly. Then I drifted down to 78-79 over the course of a couple of years when I stopped training properly/regularly. Then a couple of years later I drifted down to where I am now over the course of a year, probably because I cut out most dairy/junk because I was feeling bloated quite often. I do feel healthy at this weight, but it's way too light at 6"1 [that's a bona fide 6"1 if Millsy reads this]. I'd like to get upto 80kg but I'll need to get squats and deadlifts going to do that I think.

Somehow I've only just discovered this journal. Welcome back Rob! (To your forum LOL.)

I'm 6 feet and half an inch tall - no way you're taller than me! Grin
Is this adductor problem the same one that you had AGES ago?
awesome to see you back training again Rob, so good luck with it all and look after the abbductor.
dr_hazbun
Rob said:
Was that post after the 6 pints of fosters, Sam!? 100x5x5 sounds pretty serious for a narrowback, but who knows Cool

Probably was!

But, I don't know many 70kg 6 footers who can bench 100x5x5. Do you? That would be pretty solid and should put you at 115-120 for a 1 rep max.
Ed - Cheers mate, hopefully I can get closer to some lifetime PBs, that would be nice.

Millsy - Did you take those height measurements with your Bodypower tape measure? Confused The adductor is the same thing, time off made it worse if anything, so it's definitely not a rest and hope it goes away injury! Hopefully I can get it figured out this time.

Sam - Fair point, 100x5 and 120x1 have always been longer term goals of mine, even when I was Fat Rob I would have been pleased to get them, so something to work towards for sure Happy

Neil - Thanks for dropping in mate, and I'm glad to see you're back on all the lifts again now!
Rob said:Ed - Cheers mate, hopefully I can get closer to some lifetime PBs, that would be nice.

Millsy - Did you take those height measurements with your Bodypower tape measure? Confused The adductor is the same thing, time off made it worse if anything, so it's definitely not a rest and hope it goes away injury! Hopefully I can get it figured out this time.

Sam - Fair point, 100x5 and 120x1 have always been longer term goals of mine, even when I was Fat Rob I would have been pleased to get them, so something to work towards for sure Happy

Neil - Thanks for dropping in mate, and I'm glad to see you're back on all the lifts again now!

shmae the abductor is still bothering you but hopefully you can get back into the swing of things with out it hampering things to much.
Back is (at the momment) good and getting there, i'm on a calorie restricted diet just now so hoping the weight loss will aid to its recovery. long over due!!!.

i pop in from time to time see how your getting on.
dr_hazbun
btw do you know Tokar is still alive?
Yep, remember reading that you see him in the gym! Think the Andy Bolton thing scared him off Sugden Unhappy Say hi for me if you see him, hope he's doing well.

12th November
1.5 mile run
dr_hazbun
Rob said:Yep, remember reading that you see him in the gym! Think the Andy Bolton thing scared him off Sugden Unhappy Say hi for me if you see him, hope he's doing well.

12th November
1.5 mile run

He's in pretty good nick at 94kg BW these days. He's had a pretty bad hamstring injury that basically makes low bar squatting and heavy pulling almost impossible. It's all healed up now but he's just not interested in powerlifting anymore so stays away from those exercises. In fact, the only squatting he does is front squatting (quite nicely I must say) and overhead squatting. He does loads of BW stuff like chins and dips, some overhead work and bench press too. His bench is actually pretty decent (120x5x5 when I last trained with him). He also does a decent amount of work on the running track.

His hair is still ginger.
13th November

Narrow Grip Bench
95 x 3 x 3

Rows
40 x 10 x 3

Core
Plate twists
Planks
Leg raise

Pleased to get the 3 triples, all really hard sets. Not a PB as I've tripled it once before @86kg, but only 5kg off my best triple on normal grip @107kg. Doubles on Monday!
This log needs more Squats.
dr_hazbun said:
His hair is still ginger.

I don't think we ever actually noticed or paid any attention until he dyed it black! My favourite TOKAR memory is when Olly hid his squat shoes in the ceiling, he went skits! Glad to hear his lifting is going well though, he was always a very tidy bencher.
General_ill said:This log needs more Squats.

Totally agree, hopefully get into them (and deadlifts etc.) in the next few months providing I get my groin fixed! Cool

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsNarrowbacks Training Log
Return to top View Desktop Site