Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitRicks Film Review Thread

Ricks Film Review Thread

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Mad Max Fury's Road

1/5

Was really looking forward to this coming out, I think 1/5 is being generous.

Max played by Tom Hardy seemingly played a supporting role in this movie to the empowered, one armed, Imperator Furiosa played by Charlize Theron.

Max seemed slightly retarded throughout the movie and probably spoke for less than 5 minutes.

Strong Feminist Ideals seen throughout, i.e A small group of "sniper biker grannies" slaughter hundreds with multiple headshots!
ChrisMcCarthy
Your review seems to have gone down by 30% since you posted it in the other thread - is this so you can generate more pop from the anti-feminist stance you appear to be taking?
ChrisMcCarthy said:Your review seems to have gone down by 30% since you posted it in the other thread - is this so you can generate more pop from the anti-feminist stance you appear to be taking?

I don't think he is very bright.
ChrisMcCarthy
Post Edited: 28.05.2015 @ 10:36 AM by ChrisMcCarthy
Oh, and just to contribute to the thread, I caught We Need to Talk About Kevin the other night on, I think, BBC Four. It was Kermode's Film of the Year in 2011 and, while the kid playing the young Kevin was hamming it up mightily (not that I think getting a more nuanced performance from such a young actor would be easy - and in fact the over-the-toppedness actually plays into the theme of how much of his "evil" is only seen by his Mother) it was pretty damned good - I didn't even consider going to bed before it had finished.
ChrisMcCarthy
Post Edited: 28.05.2015 @ 10:40 AM by ChrisMcCarthy
Whilst we are on the subject of Tom Hardy I heartily recommend Locke....the fact that he has to chide a slightly pissed Moriarty from Sherlock is an incidental highlight. Happy
LessThanLuke said:
I don't think he is very bright.

Ahh, I must be pretty slow if I can't see any merit to the idea of modern feminism, is that what you're trying to say?

Are you educated in any way?
ChrisMcCarthy said:Your review seems to have gone down by 30% since you posted it in the other thread - is this so you can generate more pop from the anti-feminist stance you appear to be taking?

I do love a good debate with a plebeian mind Grin
Kung Fury!

http://youtu.be/72RqpItxd8M

Released late today on YouTube. All other films this year will be crap in comparison.
Post Edited: 28.05.2015 @ 10:52 AM by LessThanLuke
Notevenslightly said:
Ahh, I must be pretty slow if I can't see any merit to the idea of modern feminism, is that what you're trying to say?
Are you educated in any way?

Yes I am. Anyone who doesn't see equal rights between the sexes as something that has merit is not someone who's opinion I take seriously. Also why do you think the film was feminist? Just because it had some strong female characters?

Yes I am.
LessThanLuke said:
Yes I am. Anyone who doesn't see equal rights between the sexes as something that has merit is not someone who's opinion I take seriously. Also why do you think the film was feminist? Just because it had some strong female characters?
Yes I am.

What is your definition of equality in regards to Gender?

Do you believe Gender is a social societal construct employed by the man to force women in to a lifetime of slavery and servitude?

What role to you believe modern feminism should have today?

Do you understand the basic biological differences between a man and a woman?

A criticism of feminism is not a criticism of women per-se no woman is born a feminist

I find male feminists such as yourself to be repugnant and of low moral quality .

You have nothing here but low level generic argumentation
I was going to reply until I read the male feminists are repugnant line. Will not feed the troll. Good day.
Well...On a brighter note would you still give Charlize Theron one??

One arm or not im still game!!Tongue
I think women should be treated equally to men just like I think people of all races should be treated equally or people in different social classes should be treated equally. Yes some women take an extreme view that men should be demonised and by you using the term "modern feminism" this allows you to use them as your argument but we all should be feminist and there shouldnt be a need for the term any more as it should be the standard response by everyone. Mad Max is a daft action film but lets take any other daft action film where the big strong men come and save the helpless female. You wouldnt even bring up any gender issues in films like that but as soon as they have afew powerful female roles in a film you get all riled up!
unit94 said:I think women should be treated equally to men just like I think people of all races should be treated equally or people in different social classes should be treated equally. Yes some women take an extreme view that men should be demonised and by you using the term "modern feminism" this allows you to use them as your argument but we all should be feminist and there shouldnt be a need for the term any more as it should be the standard response by everyone. Mad Max is a daft action film but lets take any other daft action film where the big strong men come and save the helpless female. You wouldnt even bring up any gender issues in films like that but as soon as they have afew powerful female roles in a film you get all riled up!

Get out of here with your talking sense! We don't want that around here.
What is it with strongman and racism,sexism etc?!

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitRicks Film Review Thread
Return to top View Desktop Site