Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitRicks Film Review Thread

Ricks Film Review Thread

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

luki
Post Edited: 08.01.2016 @ 13:00 PM by luki
I saw the latest Mad Max in the cinema and thought it was a chase scene with no plot.

I then saw Turbo Kid and its really the film Mad Max could have been. Tongue-in-cheek post apocalyptic splatter at its best. Michael Ironside is great in it. www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxyH-adavb8
http://www.sugdenbarbell.co.uk/crap/powerbelly.jpghttp://www.s...
billynomates
Watched a documentary last night called 'The Crash Reel', about a very talented snowboarder Kevin Pearce, who suffered a nasty training accident and his subsequent attempts to deal with the brain injury he had acquired.

Kevin made a good recovery, but nowhere near his pre-accident level. Despite this he was determined to compete again, and there was conflict between this desire to get back on the board and his family's wish that he give it up and not get hurt again. It was quite affecting to see what people who suffer brain injuries have to deal with. 8/10
shortandmighty
luki said:I saw the latest Mad Max in the cinema and thought it was a chase scene with no plot.

I watched Mad Max over Christmas and was just very confused and extremely disappointed with it.
I watched San Andrea last night and found it was like a whole factory full of cheese with more plot holes than than a tea bag. To say it is far fetched is an understatement. Although I found Alexandra Daddario extremely pleasant to watch, especially when she was running or bent over.
Having been tipped off about making a murderer by chris, my view is that the cops are utter c**ts and the whole town is full of s**t , steve is a bit of a low life...but the level of planting evidence was mind boggling ...... and the ENTIRE breanda 'thread' if you will is crazy....dude is in prison for decades coz of some asswipe investigators

the revenant

sweet jesus this is a good movie ...... its a MUST WATCH !!
Boar said:Having been tipped off about making a murderer by chris, my view is that the cops are utter c**ts and the whole town is full of s**t , steve is a bit of a low life...but the level of planting evidence was mind boggling ...... and the ENTIRE breanda 'thread' if you will is crazy....dude is in prison for decades coz of some asswipe investigators

I 100% concur!!

the revenant

sweet jesus this is a good movie ...... its a MUST WATCH !!

The revenant is next on the list.
billynomates
I'm 4 episodes into Making a Murderer and so far it seems to me that Steven Avery is guilty of the murder, but that the cops also planted evidence before they knew there was enough there already. In cases like this I guess you need to ask yourself what school of law enforcement you subscribe to: the Bud White model of planting evidence to secure conviction of a person you know to be guilty and/or beating a confession out of said suspect, or the methods of straight-laced, by the book Ed Exley who's rigid adherence to protocol often fails to keep scumbags off the streets. I thought the whole Brendan Dassey thing was a complete farce, don't know how he could be taken seriously after changing his story every 5 minutes.

Watched some of the Hateful 8 last week, couldn't watch a 3 hour film in one sitting. Seems decent enough, I think Tarantino's best work is behind him to be honest, admittedly it would be very difficult to match his 90's films. Revenant is next up once 8 has been watched, looking forward to it.
there wasn't a single trace of blood found on averys property , nothing to link him to murder .....

of course there is a chance he killed her, he was a piece of s**t, but that trial was a joke....... I'm sure the jury were just too scared to find him not guilty , its not a big town 'they could be next'
Read up on Hugh Glass a good while back after stumbling across this little nugget...

Thought any of these characters would make a great film.

Saw Creed a while back and thought it was far enough away from the Rocky saga to be it's own entity yet close enough to bask in the former glory. I liked it, and thought that Stallones golden globe was pretty well deserved.
ChrisMcCarthy
I think given a lot of his work it is quite easy to forget that Stallone can actually act.
Had a very good week of cinema...

Creed is very good (especially Stallone).
Room is absolutely superb.
Hateful Eight is a really strong movie for Tarantino enthusiasts at least.
Revenant is on an entirely different level. Must be favourite for Best Picture.

Not bad for Saturday-Wednesday Happy.
watches Beasts of no nation (a Netflix film) today and I must say I was a superb film - about a child soldier in a un-named African country
easily:

http://www.sugdenbarbell.co.uk/crap/powerbelly.jpghttp://www.s...

viewed on my sons projector in his new room - 10 foot wide !! we got ourselves a cinema experience !!!
The Big Short is really, really good, and extremely entertaining.
Rick said:The Big Short is really, really good, and extremely entertaining.

during the trailers I saw what looked like some bad wigs ....can dr.rick confirm that these don't take away from the enjoyment of the film ?
I didn't notice any bad wigs, but I have some known blind spots (bad accents, for example, rarely register on me); this may well be another.
A man with such an abundance of hair wouldn't pay attention to such things .....

Rick , I enjoy a trip to the cinema and always will , obviously I cant go as regularly as I would like , with that in mind ......... what's your view on downloading movies from those 'torrent type' web-areas ??

I will say nothing, I am a good man.

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitRicks Film Review Thread
Return to top View Desktop Site